racing24
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:New Build Available for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/24/08

[Post New]by racing24 on Jun 30, 09 12:43 PM
still can't figure out the panel door puzzle? need help

Re:New Build Available for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/24/08

[Post New]by Leeann15 on Jul 2, 09 9:32 AM
Do I need a "New Build" if I just bought the game the end of June, 2009?

[Post New]by ahrenrs on Jul 11, 09 4:41 PM
puzzlefiend wrote:
LadyPhoenix wrote:
puzzlefiend wrote:
LadyPhoenix wrote:are you talking about the game or the update for the for the bf client that shows all the games you have purchased and downloaded to play? That is what i updated when I downloaded a game trial...did it automaticly for me.

No, this was specific instructions from the BFG support team to save to the desktop, then to right click on the game stub, then to 'unblock' then to run as administrator, all of which I carried out, but to no avail. The game still wouldn't work for me, but maybe they are still working on this problem. BFG are the best after all.

I was told that too and I did all that with the same issue. Try updating the client that shows all your games. There is a buttom down in the left hand corner that shows what version you have. if you click on it, it will check and see if you have the most up to date version of the client.

The most up to date vesion I have is 1.2.5.17. If you are still confused a can do up some screenshots for you.

Hello again Lady Phoenix - thank you for your very kind offer.
I've checked the client number just as you suggested and they are the same numbers as you have. I think I'm going to have to sit this one out, until BFG maybe comes up with a new new new build!

I don't have a problem of this nature with any other games I've bought from BFG or anywhere else, so it's obviously specifically to do with this game.

Ah, well - c'est la vie!

I'm having the same problem with my game. I've played this game on another computer, and wanted to play it again, but for some reason it doesn't want to work on my brand new laptop. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling about 20 or so times and "unblock"-ing the stub and that didn't work either. Has anyone figured out what the problem is? Is it just that I'm using a Vista?

Edited on 07/11/2009 at 4:43:43 PM PST

[Post New]by SusanBStephens on Aug 23, 09 4:37 PM
Is there a walkthrough for this yet?

Thanks

[Post New]by turtleb4 on Sep 9, 09 2:00 AM
Great! I post a remark about this game and find out the new build is already here? Not fair... This game keeps freezing up and beginning to be a lesson in frustration.

[Post New]by turtleb4 on Sep 10, 09 4:55 AM
Okay, I uninstalled and reinstalled. Get to Guatemala,through the marketplace build the bridge and when I go into the jungle it freezes. What am I doing wrong. Never had this much trouble with any of the other games. I had a bit with one other, but I uninstalled and reinstalled and it works great! Any ideas? Thanks so much.

joben
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by joben on Sep 15, 09 5:42 PM
Has the new build for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena become available yet? All the information I've seen is all dated back in 2008 and I don't see anything since then.

[Post New]by turtleb4 on Sep 29, 09 8:36 PM
I have not seen anything. Just tried playing it again and it would not click on anything. Glitch in the game? I really like the Samantha Swift games, but about ready to send it back!

LPzMe
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

New Build Available for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/24/08

[Post New]by LPzMe on Oct 29, 09 11:11 PM
bfgAegean wrote:Hello everyone! I just thought I'd let you know that we have received a new build of Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena from its developers. It addresses the problems many of you are having with the panel door puzzle in the Kyoto, Japan level.

The new build is currently being tested here at Big Fish Games, and should be available for download on the site early next week. When the new build goes live, I will stop back in and let everyone know that it's ready.

In the meantime, here is our help topic that explains how to download a new build of a game you already own.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

Re:New Build for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - COMING SOON

[Post New]by dunjamunja on Nov 14, 09 1:52 AM
gellyitaly wrote:
EndlessSerpent wrote:Agreed. This game is great and I'm looking forward to the next one (if they do some out with a sequel).

In the meantime, I've completed this one and I'm going to play it again, a second time because this game was so much fun the first time, and I can't help myself. lol

I know and I'm still having fun the third time around!!!!

I cant dig up the key out from the sand in a room after the one with the guard. It drives me crazy. I put all the dinamites in the place but I cant blow up the exit until I found the key. I know where it is but how can I take it

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Jul 21, 10 1:54 AM
I loved playing this game but it suddenly crashed...right where you almost finish the game. I don't know if all the bugs are out of this one. I'll try again and if not ..write cs. I don't know why but I'm very

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Jul 21, 10 2:01 AM
ahrenrs wrote:
puzzlefiend wrote:
LadyPhoenix wrote:
puzzlefiend wrote:
LadyPhoenix wrote:are you talking about the game or the update for the for the bf client that shows all the games you have purchased and downloaded to play? That is what i updated when I downloaded a game trial...did it automaticly for me.

No, this was specific instructions from the BFG support team to save to the desktop, then to right click on the game stub, then to 'unblock' then to run as administrator, all of which I carried out, but to no avail. The game still wouldn't work for me, but maybe they are still working on this problem. BFG are the best after all.

I was told that too and I did all that with the same issue. Try updating the client that shows all your games. There is a buttom down in the left hand corner that shows what version you have. if you click on it, it will check and see if you have the most up to date version of the client.

The most up to date vesion I have is 1.2.5.17. If you are still confused a can do up some screenshots for you.

Hello again Lady Phoenix - thank you for your very kind offer.
I've checked the client number just as you suggested and they are the same numbers as you have. I think I'm going to have to sit this one out, until BFG maybe comes up with a new new new build!

I don't have a problem of this nature with any other games I've bought from BFG or anywhere else, so it's obviously specifically to do with this game.

Ah, well - c'est la vie!

I'm having the same problem with my game. I've played this game on another computer, and wanted to play it again, but for some reason it doesn't want to work on my brand new laptop. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling about 20 or so times and "unblock"-ing the stub and that didn't work either. Has anyone figured out what the problem is? Is it just that I'm using a Vista?

I agree, I haven't had probs w/ games from and also have vista.

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Jul 21, 10 6:54 PM
ugh...I'll just start over and maybe my game will save/won't crash near end.

[Post New]by Diahne62 on Sep 1, 10 8:18 AM
Hi!
I wonder if there is someone who can tell me if there is a walkthrue to this game??

B R Diahne

[Post New]by bonnietylerabbey on Nov 2, 10 3:23 PM
yes i too think they have a big problem as i to like it but so frusterating with all the problems that are going on need to fix or money back

[Post New]by lilwaggs2002 on Feb 9, 11 10:06 PM
I just purchased this game... my first. I am at the part in the market where I need to just find the nightstick. Based on what I have read in all the forum hints I am just supposed to throw the baseball- the game won't let me. HELP. I have uninstalled, reinstalled and now am totally frustrated. I must say, not a good start to my experience in purchasing games from Big Fish!! Any help out there?

[Post New]by Sapphire_64 on Sep 2, 11 3:28 AM
I wonder what happens for people like myself who bought this game through a shop and not direct from Big Fish. I guess the fix isn't going to work. I have started this game 5 times now as i kept getting stuck with the paint brush but finally got past that but now the doors don't work. I was starting to think it was just me doing something wrong but can see a lot of people are having problems with this game. Having said that i hope a lot more of her games will be available in the future.

[Post New]by Sapphire_64 on Sep 2, 11 3:33 AM
I wonder what happens for people like myself who bought this game through a shop and not direct from Big Fish. I guess the fix isn't going to work. I have started this game 5 times now as i kept getting stuck with the paint brush but finally got past that but now the doors don't work. I was starting to think it was just me doing something wrong but can see a lot of people are having problems with this game. Having said that i hope a lot more of her games will be available in the future.

[Post New]by dollydrop_40 on Oct 3, 11 4:54 AM
Had this game for a while now, but never played, my partner had completed it on another occasion, and decided to play again, but now he is recieving error message regarding header, we have had issues with his laptop, so I decided to play. Oh boy I keep getting stuck at the excavation site. I have un-installed/re-installed 4/5 times, basically lost count. To no avail. Its a really good game, but very frustrating when your unable to complete, especially when it has been completed once before. I dont think its a sytem problem, cos surely the game would'nt work at all. Help!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 3, 11 6:26 AM
It's been a long while ago but I replayed this so many times to the end, no problems. But seems at the excavation site there are 2 locations and you must go to the other side for an item, then go back. Have you hovered around to where she walks away? Something to do with the bulldozer? I think there is a walkthrough on another site that does game reviews. Google name of game and walkthrough. I had no glitch there, but remember at one point a metal detector that was tricky and kept going off screen til I hit the right spot. Since you already played through with no glitch it would seem it is a missing object or step to proceed. Good

Go to: