Re:Post any Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Moonlight33 on Aug 9, 10 12:00 PM
My goblet does not go into the cubby slot is it stuck?

It seems to stay shut or i should say locked. I can not get the goblet in there thanks
Moonlight

Noonio
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Noonio on Jun 28, 11 3:20 PM
Ive experienced quite a few technical glitches with this game. It just kept freezing and I would have to close down and restart the fame on several occasions. I managed to finish the game but just thought Id make BGF aware.

purplecat8
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by purplecat8 on Aug 8, 11 6:39 PM
I have played this game all the way through before without experiencing this problem, but I just got a black screen with the message "Error: scene 0" in red letters. I can't get back to the game.

Anyone else encounter this problem?

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Aug 27, 11 4:12 PM
Here's a weird one for you: Every time I opened this game, it would shut down the Game Manager! The game would launch, though. Also, while I was playing, my screen kept fuzzing, like a TV with bad reception. It wasn't constant, but it happened often enough to be annoying.

Rope didn't add to my inventory

[Post New]by vguitarist on Nov 15, 12 10:21 AM
I'm playing on an iPad 3. The mannequin fell to the floor when tapped, but the sturdy rope didn't add to my inventory. I saw another post with the same problem.

Help!

[Post New]by merrycajun on Nov 20, 12 11:21 AM
My game isn't freezing but it won't show actions in the armory. There's nothing to do in there and I did click on everything showing. You can go back to the locked cells but can do nothing there. You can leave the armory and come back but nothing changes. Rather frustrating to get this far and be baffled. I don't think I missed any previous steps.

[Post New]by Dreamer565 on Dec 6, 12 9:37 PM
Supposedly I was supposed to get a rope from the hanging dummy in the prison cell. I clicked on the dummy and it fell to floor but no rope. Which means I can't use the rope on the well. I've been back to the cell to see if I missed the rope. But nope. Dummy is now on ground. But no rope to be found.
I have the iPad game version. And hope this gets fixed so I can finish the game.

[Post New]by pattystrickland on Dec 26, 12 4:37 PM
This game took a little long to download but that was okay,but when I try to play it it looks like it starts in safe mode then the game closes. This so is frustrating.

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by scorpio42 on Nov 15, 13 9:49 AM
Downloaded "Free Trial" on 7/17/2012...When time was up I naturally purchased the game so I could play it whenever I wanted ... That was then!

Now the game won't "EXE" after being re-Installed...It just keeps going back to the Game Manager's "PLAY AGAIN" page...

Am running Windows 7 Professional and Internet Explorer 8+ and all my drivers are "up-to-date!"

11/18/2013
UPDATE: I installed the game on my "backup" computer and was able to play it all the way through plus several other games that did not work on this one...So it seems that the configuration on this computer has been altered to the point that not all games are compatible with this system but can be played on my "backup" computer which is running Windows 7 (loaded on a refurbished Dell) with a totally different configuration...yeah!

Ps: For those of you playing this game and get stuck on a chapter, DO NOT forget to check out the integrated Strategy Guide for answers ...OK!?

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 5:52:38 AM PST

[Post New]by Strawberry_elf on Jan 2, 14 2:11 PM
I am playing on an iPad and I bought the collector's edition and it downloads and load fine but when I go into play it pops up with please type name and then it won't let me type anything in! I have tried restarting my iPad as well as deleting and reloading the game and then restarting and nothing is working.

[Post New]by Manwich22 on Jan 27, 14 11:20 AM
I am on a kindle fire and have purchased the unlocked version. I am at the last piece of the godmother head statute and can not get the last piece because it's right behind my home button. I would like to finish this game that I have bought!

Tassieo
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Tassieo on Feb 1, 14 11:27 PM
To Strawberry Elf. I to had this problem on my IPad, contacted Customer Service, they said it was a glitch, they would get on to Blue Tea Games. They also said to get my money back. But since I bought it on IPhone, it is hardly worth it. Hope this is of help to anyone else who is playing on IPad.

[Post New]by Claire80218 on Feb 15, 14 8:02 AM
I just bought this game, didn't use the free trial. It won't let me enter my name and won't take a blank name so it won't let me play. I have a new iPad so compatibility shouldn't be an issue, I've turned it off and on, I've deleted and reinstalled, and nothing. I've looked through the forums and help forums and there isn't a direct answer or fix, on redirection to technical issues or help pages, both of which I've checked. If there isn't a way to fix this, I'd like my money back. How do I do that?

[Post New]by Poisonwc on Mar 2, 14 9:01 PM
I had no trouble downloading the game, but it won't run. I've uninstalled, re-downloaded and re-installed it three different times and it just will not run. I've tried running it through and without the Game Manager. The Game Manager starts, I click "play", the Game Manager shuts down then restarts, and goes to the screen you see when you've exited the game.

Help?

Edited on 03/07/2014 at 8:52:39 PM PST

[Post New]by sewhat18 on May 9, 14 5:55 AM
I purchased this game on my iphone yesterday. I ran into a problem immediately. When asked to type in my name, my keyboard won't work. It's working fine on my other apps. I uninstalled/reinstalled, but I still can't put my name in and play this game.

[Post New]by bethman on Jul 10, 14 10:37 PM
To everyone who is on an iPad (or possibly iPhone as well?) and cannot type anything in the box for Player Name:

I can't guarantee this will work or not, but I kept tapping the keyboard screen over and over again (and switching between letters and symbols, you know how the ipad keyboard thing works) and at some point in my tapping frenzy the game recognized the letter 'B'. So now that is my player name. I've tested this method a couple times and it seems to work--just hit all the keyboard buttons like crazy until a letter or symbol gets through. Just don't hit the backspace button immediately after you manage to type a letter, or you'll have to start over again. I also tried just tapping one letter repeatedly, but these attempts were unsuccessful.

Also of note: I tried this with the on-screen keyboard and also with my actual keyboard that connects to the ipad through bluetooth. This method worked on both of those. Just thought that might be helpful for any debugging purposes. (Also I managed to get the keyboard to type the characters '?', '/', 'B', 'b', 'D', and 'd'. I don't know if there's anything special about those characters specifically or whether that's just where my fingers happened to go the most. Hope that helps!)

Go to: