Re:Comments and Reviews for Vampireville

[Post New]by pepper06457 on Mar 20, 10 8:05 AM
5 stars for this game. Plenty of hints and a funny storyline too!

suzette72
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by suzette72 on Mar 21, 10 12:15 AM
I have played many many (many!) games, and never written a review, but I felt Vampireville deserved one.
What a glorious story -- I am already hoping for a sequel (hint hint!). And the hidden objects could be difficult to find, but nothing was "impossible." The mini games were varied, interesting, and not overly difficult, and the option of skipping them came at no great cost to gameplay.
One very serious request, though:

COULD YOU PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NEVOSOFT LOSE THE SPIDERS!!!!!

other than that, it was wonderful. . . .

[Post New]by jackiern on Mar 21, 10 7:56 AM
Love the game. I am even enjoying the storyline. Mimi games are easy but that's OK.
Thank you for making the game longer than most with 24 chapters. Feel like I'm getting more bang for my buck.
If your on the fence about buying the game. Go for it. You won't be disappointed.

SeaMoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by SeaMoon on Mar 22, 10 6:56 AM
I loved everything about this game. I hope the developer will continue this format with other games..

pocojazz
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by pocojazz on Mar 22, 10 12:10 PM
Liked this game a lot. Set up lot like pirateville and mysteryvilles but graphics were better. Chapters are short so though a pain to start over not insurmountable. My only real peeve was in some of the picture put togethers and swaps nothing locked in place when it was right. How should you know when you are right? No logic to the illustration one that I could find for example.

However, this game was a hoot down to Keanu and the creepy butler. Hope for sequel soon.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Mar 24, 10 4:37 PM
I enjoyed the demo so much I bought the game. It has 25 levels so it lasted longer than some. The characters are fun-the plot silly & entertaining. I had to laugh at Alucard-Dracula backwards-I remembered that from an old movie. Thanks for this game!

[Post New]by GeorgeXXIII on Mar 25, 10 9:17 AM
This is one of the best reviewed new games i've ever seen so i bought it without even doing the trial and i haven't been disappointed. very good fun. I've noticed the game is inching its way UP the top ten. Most new games enter at a peak and then drop.It goes to show that word of mouth on the forums really works. Great game and thanks to all the reviewers who told me about it.

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Mar 25, 10 9:29 AM
This was the only game I bought this month that I hadn't been "saving" from before (aside from that DD fiasco).

It was great fun and, although I thought it was a bit too easy at first, I revised that opinion by the end . Shades of Mushroom Age, I guess.

This was the most fun I've had with a game in a long time.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 25, 10 5:12 PM
am on chapter 22 & have decided to bin it for now & go to bed as i just don't want it to end..
A very funny story line, completely relevent to the plot. Sensible hidden objects, fantastic voices, great minigames ( that do get harder).

My only complaint is why is it only 25 chapters long? 50, 75 or even 100 chapters would be fine with me

All in All, Thankyou BFG for this wonderful gem 11111

[Post New]by nellyandjohnny on Mar 25, 10 5:54 PM
I just started the trial and am stuck on chapter 2!! The toothpaste won't pick up; I've clicked it EVERYWHERE! Very frustrating so I quit

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Mar 25, 10 8:18 PM
This is another winner in my book .It is very clear ,objects are not hard to find ,I love the characters ,I felt as i was really talking to Keanu Reeves, the dog is soooo cute even the buttler is funny ,also the hints, the mini-games were not bad .i also liked the looking in drawers,opening curtains ..I really didn't want the game to end ,I hope they come out with a sequel ,for me 1 to 5 ,is 5.Just loved it

Grnmeadow
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Grnmeadow on Mar 26, 10 2:57 PM
I loved this game. I am not so much for putting things together like the blood samples, but this game makes it easy. Thankfully, the hints reload fairly fast and there are options to skip some of the mini games. The story line was good and it lasted through to the end of 25 chapters. It even gave a followup of all the characters. I wish there were more of this type. Just hard enough to be fun, but not hard enough to give you a headache, like some of them.

noirangel
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by noirangel on Mar 27, 10 8:11 PM
I really enjoyed this game. It wasn't over to fast and I thought the characters were great! This has been one of my favorites so far and I've played a lot of them. I agree with whoever said thats Keanu Reeves, lol. Sure looked like him to me!

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Mar 30, 10 6:03 PM
Love this game, it was hillarius funny, and easy didn't have to go to the Walkthrough, it's so nice between the difficult games to have something like this, that can make You laugh a lot, music was great too, reminds my off some funny film I saw when I was Younger, could it be "Get Smart"? or am I wrong,
Thank You You are Great

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Apr 1, 10 12:48 AM
Oh my, how glad I am that I decided to play this on the last day of the month so I can buy it on the first for the next punch card! I actually didn't plan to buy any games in April since I went kinda crazy with the spring fever sale, but this game has changed my mind! I got to chapter 6 on the demo, no technical issues at all, thankfully. The technical issues thread almost scared me away, but I thought I'd give it a try before trash-canning it out of hand. What an enjoyable game so far! I love that there is no penalty for clicking all over the place, love that things open and curtains move aside, etc., and adore that "helpful ghost dog" (LOL) and the sly humor. I checked the walkthrough to make sure it wasn't going to end soon and see I have many hours of enjoyment ahead of me. Hooray! Highly recommended.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 1, 10 10:41 AM
I just LOVE Nevosoft games. They are just so out there and funny. This was a fun game taking advantage of the recent vampire craze with not so hard puzzles mixed in. Nevosoft has always been gracious with their hint system and the ability to skip puzzles and their grahics are always good.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Apr 1, 10 10:40 PM
I started out liking the game but when I got to the picture of the couple that you had to rearrange, the picture is so dark that a bunch of the squares just look black & no way to skip this puzzle. So I guess it is a pass for me...

auntym
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by auntym on Apr 2, 10 10:42 AM
I loved this game. The graphics were terrific with wonderful voice overs. It had a cohesive plot unlike many recent games.The humor was dry and had me laughing at my PC. The characters were well developed. The hidden objects and mini games were average plus. Well done! I look forward to this company's next game!

maxminpin
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by maxminpin on Apr 2, 10 10:44 AM
Just finished this game and I loved it. I liked the way the characters spoke and took you through the game. Loved the dog. Graphics are great. Would like to play more games like this. If anyone knows games similar to Vampireville please let me know.

Thanks

Eliran
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Eliran on Apr 3, 10 4:11 PM
Not exactly a new opinion, but just wanted to add that I, too, greatly enjoyed this game. Really liked the campy humor that's often missing from lots of HOGs.

The graphics are fine, and objects not too small. Although there's a time and a place for adventure games, I actually really liked that this one did not require you to be wandering from room to room endlessly throughout the manor, but instead took you to where you needed to go, then left you with tasks to accomplish.

The butler was funny. Rover's adorable. And I have to agree that the Michael Christensen character totally looks like Keanu Reaves. Not that that's a bad thing.

Oh, and the accents. Gotta love the accents.

Go to: