BUDDYROSE
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Alice in Wonderland

[Post New]by BUDDYROSE on Mar 23, 10 6:16 PM
It was a little weird that the default profile name is Rachel. Yes, the flashing lights are very bothersome. Had to turn the sound off because of the annoying music and thunder. Graphics are beautiful. Storyline is different but I find it too dark and disturbing. Kidnapping and enslaving children really upsets me --like Puppetville. I better stick to "Murder She Wrote" type games! This game is not for me. Maybe I am just too old for this version.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Mar 23, 10 7:14 PM
I didn't get past playing the demo. Once I discovered I couldn't tab out of the game to read the strategy guide or get on the internet, it was all over. That's the only game I've ever gotten from Big Fish that I couldn't tab out of, and that's an important feature of any game, to me.

Timer
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Timer on Mar 23, 10 7:38 PM
I was very disappointed in the game. Between the monotonous music and lightning, I couldn't wait to quit the demo.

[Post New]by TrudysTouch on Mar 24, 10 9:59 AM
Read the reviews about music etc.then thought should I or not try it? I have bought all of this type game from BF and have not been disappointed in any of them and love the challenge. Soooo decided to try this game expecting to be disappointed BUT I was NOT disappointed in any way. It is a game NOT a movie that cost billions to make it is a game come on fish are you expecting toooooooo much?

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Mar 24, 10 10:54 AM
Just a note on the opening scenes and the lightening flashes - they can cause epileptic seizures for those who are susceptible to this condition. I once went to an engineering expo at the University of Wisconsin and there was an exhibit that people were warned not to go in if they had epilepsy.

Although I do not have this, I was very irritated by the lightening flashes and general banging in the opening of this game. I would hope, considering all of the comments that have preceded mine, that the developers would try to tone it down or find some other "catchy" thing to do to make the game interesting.

That said, I am on the fence but tending to leap over it and try the game. The end of the month is close and a decision needs to be made! Will wait to see if some of the collector games now come out in regular editions. Since cost is a factor - senior reduction in what was a decent income, I bow to the forces that prevail.

Growing old is not for sissies!

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Mar 24, 10 5:59 PM
Most. Annoying. Game. Ever. Uninstalled with 52 minutes left in the demo. Who in their right mind could think that the unrelenting thunder and lightning was a positive effect???

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Mar 25, 10 2:25 PM
Could they tweak it a bit, I love the game graphics, however I was surprised by the pixelated videos, usually the rendered videos are better than the regular game graphics.
The music was too repetitive, and maybe it was just my computer, but there was a lag, so the cursor slowed down.
I really love the concept, but there are just some issues

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Mar 25, 10 9:15 PM
First let me say I am an Alice fan and enjoy pretty much everything about Alice in Wonderland from the original books to the Disney animated movie and I was so looking forward to the demo of this game. Unfortunately I found I was simply disappointed. I did make it 50 minutes into the demo, but I finally couldn't tale anymore and deleted the demo. At first it was very strange to have Rachel as a player. No explanation was given as to whom Rachel was so I deleted her only to find out it is the name of the main character The next problem was the awful music. I usually enjoy listening to the music in a game, but this was so irritating that I turned it off almost immediately.

I had hoped that the scenes would get better as in a little lighter, but it never happened. The scenes were very dark and some items were extremely difficult to find. I found the lightening in the house scenes irritating in that I would be searching for something and it would go completely dark and then light again. Either have it dark and provide a flashlight or keep it light. Don't go back and forth. I found the storyline a little strange and dark. It was good in that Rachel was rescuing the children, but in the beginning, it appeared it was going to have a very morbid storyline.

The hint system wasn't the best either. Since the objects were difficult to find and sometimes it was difficult to figure out where to go (sometimes it wouldn't accept the click from the mouse when it was the correct thing to do), I would have expected the hint to refill quicker. Another irritating thing was that if you used a hint in a room, but the item or function you neded to perform was in another room, the hint would just show you to walk into the other room and then the hint would need refiling and you would have to wait for it to refill. Then hopefully what you needed was in that room or you would loose another hint being told to go to yet another room or scene.

Overall, just a major disappintment and I wouldn't recommend the game to anyone unfortunately.

iluvgmes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by iluvgmes on Mar 26, 10 2:32 PM
What a waste -- worst game i ever bought

RedPoppies
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by RedPoppies on Mar 26, 10 3:27 PM
Why can't I get past that darn cellar? . And the lightening effect is really annoying - kinda put me off attempting to carry on with the game. . Apart from that - it's great to see the cursor pickup is fast

noirangel
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by noirangel on Mar 27, 10 8:13 PM
Boy, I like most of the games but this one sucked. It was so hard to see the things in the hidden object and it was over way to fast I thought. Shame, cause I was looking forward to playing it. Its the only one I wanted to ask for my money back on.

[Post New]by harmony4 on Mar 28, 10 3:56 AM
I liked this game its fairly short but a clever interesting story. the puzzles are a bit silly though. overall a great game and good scenes.

[Post New]by kmbrly7 on Mar 28, 10 5:34 PM
I can't get the door open either...
HELP

I loved Briar Rose, Dire Grove and MAdame Fate, Please help

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Mar 28, 10 11:28 PM
I just finished about all I could take of the trial for this game... which means I played nearly the whole hour but stopped before the hour was up.

So to start with, there is no consistency with the graphics. The graphics on the Chapter titles are beautiful (clear and really nice colours). Some of the graphics for the rest of the game are decently clear. Some of the graphics for the rest of the game are bloody awful! Some just fade away into a pixelated mess.

The lightening and thunder at the beginning of the game is really, really annoying and hard on the eyes and brain. I strongly suggest that the developers do some adjusting to the game and remove that. There could be small flashes on windows if you must have a storm... but how typical! A storm at the beginning of a "scary" game. Oooo! LOL

The game isn't what I would call intuitive, unless you believe that clicking randomly throughout various scenes is intuitive. The hint system leaves a huge amount to be desired, especially when you are trying to find the last item for something and you press hint and it makes a nice shiny circle right over the path to another scene. That was extremely aggravating and confusing. I finally did figure out that it meant I should go to the other scene... and then through to the next one as well... but it took me a good five minutes of frustration before I finally figured it out myself.

I enjoy gear puzzles if there are one or two in a game, but in this game there are far too many gear puzzles. The story is okay and makes what you're doing believable.

I usually enjoy the music in games, but the music in this one is far too repetitive and annoying.

I've deleted this one and won't be buying it. Not the kind of game I can immerse into and enjoy. I mean, if you're looking forward to the demo ending... there is a problem. LOL

Edited on 03/30/2010 at 12:38:51 PM PST

colieleigh
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by colieleigh on Mar 29, 10 12:24 PM
As HOG's go this was an ok one for me. I loved the artwork and that I had to bounce from scene to scene to find items at times, which makes it a bit more of a challenge. The lightning was a bit annoying at first but seemed to fade away to me as the game went on. The biggest disspointment was the length, I finished in about 2 hours, which is annoying since I bought the game and now am done with it already.

My overall verdict, not challenging or long enough to warrant a purchase; waste of money.

[Post New]by silvershade on Mar 30, 10 12:40 AM
I bought the game to discover I had already made it most of the way through in the demo. When I saw the game was finished, I couldn't believe it. That was it? The whole game? Seriously?

Jeez. What a letdown.

Oh, and if I see one more gear puzzle, I just may say a Very Bad Word.

At least I filled the last spot on my game card to get a game credit, so the game wasn't a total waste.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Mar 30, 10 10:08 AM
I'm playing this game now and I really like it!! I LOVE the music!! The HOs are hard to find and that is good. The hint resets fairly quickly, so I haven' used the walkthrough. It's weird and different and I like that. Not like every other ****/adventure game.

nANCY362
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by nANCY362 on Mar 31, 10 8:08 PM
I like the game.Music is awful. It's different than the other hidden object games I've played. I'm stuck on the cooks clothes but hope to find the answer from those who have finished the game. What really fasinates me is the story line. I never realized how truly "dark" the story of Alice in Wonderland is. This game has added to the story line but unfortunately there really are children all over the world that are in slavery. Maybe we can help free the real slaves.

[Post New]by bre2010 on Mar 31, 10 8:35 PM

[b]This game is very bad it wont let you play it I found the key and as soon as I go to put in the key hole It freezes up
fix this game and it night be fun

mztb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mztb on Apr 1, 10 10:53 AM
I too got stuck in the cellar in the demo. Tried clicking everywhere but no task appeared anywhere. Tried several times going in and out of the game but to no avail. I found the lightning dreadful. I DO suffer from migraines and had to get out of the room pdq. The music was monotonously repetitive. Not a game for me.

Go to: