Re:Post any Alice in Wonderland technical issues here only

[Post New]by dollyflower on Apr 1, 10 6:06 AM
I have been playing the game and everything goes smoothly un til right near the end. I left the game to check the walkthrough right before I was to enter the toy room. When I tried to get back in the game, I got an error message and cannot enter to finish the game. Has anyone else had this problem??? Thanks for any help.

[Post New]by Susabelle on Apr 1, 10 12:39 PM
Dollyflower, I am having exact same problem. I was at the end of Chapter 11 and went out to check email. My inventory was gone. I closed the game and tried to restart it and after it loaded, I hit "play". I received the following error message:
"Error: Access violation at 0x0040153F (tried to write to 0x00000004) program terminated. I've restarted and tried again, same thing. I have the full version and had no problem playing it up until this point. I'm running Windows XP, I've got all the updated drivers etc needed and have had no issues with playing any of Big Fishes games before. Any help or suggestions much appreciated. Thanks!

[Post New]by dollyflower on Apr 2, 10 10:15 AM
Dear Susabelle, Thanks for your reply. I haven't heard back from BF as yet about this,but I'm hoping for a game coupon if there is no resolution. I've really enjoyed the game. I'm using Windows XP and have the latest Direct-X installed. I was thinking about reinstalling,but since it didn't work for you, I won't try. Let me know if you get this resolved. Thanks.

[Post New]by julieduncan on Apr 2, 10 11:41 AM
I downloaded the free trial & the game froze up on the very first scene. Very disheartening!

[Post New]by charmedfreek1979 on Apr 2, 10 11:46 PM
amberkitty1 wrote:I am trying to put the net together, I collected the basket thing when I was trying to make the boat. I looked at the walkthrough but the basket is not where it says now.Did I loose it? I have the other parts highlighted. and its not in the inventory anymore.

Have the same problem with the net not being there anymore. What can be done? Someone please help!!!

arich
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by arich on Apr 3, 10 2:22 AM
barbee44 wrote:I'm at the beginning... it tells me I have to find the cellar door key. I know where it is but when I click on it... it takes me upstairs.... where it tells me to find the door key....
The door key is right in the spot that takes you up the stairs. Please help, getting dizzy going up and down these stairs.

I was signed on a Rachel too, but I change it right away. Yet at the beginning it greeted me as Rachel.

dear sea anemone

make sure you have found the newspaper in the bedroom before you get the key

Edited on 04/03/2010 at 2:25:17 AM PST

[Post New]by Susabelle on Apr 3, 10 6:01 AM
dollyflower wrote:Dear Susabelle, Thanks for your reply. I haven't heard back from BF as yet about this,but I'm hoping for a game coupon if there is no resolution. I've really enjoyed the game. I'm using Windows XP and have the latest Direct-X installed. I was thinking about reinstalling,but since it didn't work for you, I won't try. Let me know if you get this resolved. Thanks.

Hi Dollyflower - Sorry if I didn't explain myself properly. I didn't try reinstalling the game, I just restarted my computer. (A few times!) I believe I did read in an earlier post or two that at least one person tried reinstalling and said that didn't work either. I really wish a tech person had posted or will post with some ideas. I know that there are tons of games on BF, so it's hard for them to keep up with all the issues, but if they sell the game, they should help us with tech problems! I guess the next step is to email them - maybe they will give me a coupon for a free game? Do they usually do that? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

[Post New]by dollyflower on Apr 3, 10 10:14 AM
Hi again Susabelle, I am still waiting to hear from BF. I know they are having a lot of problems with this game, so it may take a while to get around to me. I have received a free game coupon in the past for unresolvable issues, so I am hopeful. meanwhile I am playing the new Crystal Portal game and it is very good.

drgww
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by drgww on Apr 3, 10 10:46 AM
loridobs wrote:I am also stuck on making the net. I have all the pieces but they won't combine. The hints keeps telling me to go from one room to another. HELP!
I AM HAVING THE SME TROUBLE...I HAVE ONE PART I CAN'T GET...AND THE HINTS KEEP TAKING ME TO THE OTHER ROOM FACING THE WATER, AND THE HINT THERE TAKES ME BACK? help!!!

drgww
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by drgww on Apr 3, 10 10:58 AM
amberkitty1 wrote:I am trying to put the net together, I collected the basket thing when I was trying to make the boat. I looked at the walkthrough but the basket is not where it says now.Did I loose it? I have the other parts highlighted. and its not in the inventory anymore.[/quote

I'M STUCK. HAVE ALL THE PARTS FOR THE NET BUT IT WON'T COME TOGETHER? HELP!

drgww
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by drgww on Apr 3, 10 11:53 AM
MargieB wrote:
791950 wrote:thank you margie: am loving the game!

Glad to hear it, I enjoyed it too, I thought it was a pleasant game, not too taxing on the old brain cells

Margie B
HAVING TROUBLE WITH NET. LOOKS LIKE I HAVE ALL THE PARTS BUT IT WON'T GO TOGETHER. THE HINT TAKES ME BACK INTO THE ROOM AND THE HINT THERE TAKES ME BACK OUT BY THE WATER FOR THE KEY AGAIN? I HAVECHECKED THE WALK THROUGH AND IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE ALLL THE PARTS (UNLESS THE FRAME IS OFF SCRENE ON THE LEFT SIDE ..CAN'T TELL) DON'T REMEMBER GETTING IT,M BUT IT IS IS NOT THERE...SO I MUST HAVE IT? help! DRGWW

[Post New]by bonygobuggy on Apr 3, 10 4:43 PM
Can not get game to open cellar, for me to get crow bar and other items. I have installed game 2 times now and still can not do this.

[Post New]by jellybean1956 on Apr 4, 10 3:18 PM
I am having a problem with the board where you put the computer together. I've found all the parts, I've tried clicking on the computer screen but the pieces won't move to complete the computer. What am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by ellabellajade06 on Apr 6, 10 6:29 PM
I purchased this game today and can't get past the cellar door. I haven't had trouble with any other games except one. All I had to do was reinstall it. I tried that with this one and it did not work. HELP!

[Post New]by KerryA on Apr 7, 10 8:34 AM
I have the latest directx version and the latest flash player. yet when I get to the cellar I am unable to go any further. I have uninstalled and reinstalled nothing works. The trigger the job where you light the cellar is not working, I have clicked everywhere in the top of the screen and in the lighted area of the floorboards and it will not move any further in the game. Looks interesting and when you fix it let us know. Right now it is just giving me a headache!

[Post New]by Susabelle on Apr 9, 10 7:26 AM
Update on my previous posts - I had been unable to play the game past Chapter 11 and had the below response from Customer Service on 4/6/10. I thought I would post it for anyone else who may have a similar issue.

They were quite fast getting back to me and I got a coupon for a free game. I think that's great customer service!

Our Response (Kathryn, Seattle) April 06, 2010 04:10 PM PDT
Hi Susan,

Thanks for writing in, I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Alice in Wonderland. I understand that after making it to Chapter 11 and switching to windowed mode, you found that you're getting an access violation.
I know how disappointing it can be when you make it so far into a game only to find that you're getting an error.

To start with, I've gone ahead and issued a coupon to replace the game. This coupon can be redeemed for any regularly priced ($6.99) game of your choice from the Big Fish Games site, at no additional cost.

For more information about how to redeem this coupon, please see the following help article. Using a Coupon Code

From what you've described it sounds like the player profile or game data has become corrupted in some way and this is preventing you from accessing the game.

To work around this I'd like for you to delete any saved game files that may be on your system.
The downside to this is, it will erase all the progress that you've made in the game.

The following location is the best place to look for these files: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Merscom\Alice

The application data folder is hidden, but it is quick and easy to adjust your settings to be able to see these files.

To display hidden files and folders:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Folder Options.
3. On the View tab, under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.

Once deleted, please restart your system and try playing the game one more time.

Should you decide to try this and find that you're still getting an error, please let me know and I'll gladly look into this further for you.

Please don't hesitate to reply directly to this email with any questions or concerns you may have, I'll be happy to work through them with you.

All the best,

Kathryn, Seattle

Customer Support, Big Fish Games
Here to help Monday - Friday

[Post New]by sasser352 on Apr 9, 10 9:05 AM
I cant seem to get into the front door. Have spent 15 minutes and still not in.
Does anyone know the secret?

snacx
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by snacx on Apr 9, 10 2:40 PM
in the begining of the game it takes me to the part where it tells me to find the voice in the celler, so i take a hint i then click in that area all around it but nothing happens i know i got it right i think its the game can it be fixed?i really would like to move forward in the game but it wont let me. i continue to click and get hints but nothing seems to work!

[Post New]by dt_boy on Apr 10, 10 2:15 AM
I got a problem in the cellar. I can't past it, when i down there nothing happen. It's terrible cuz i bought this game already. So I think BFG need to do something about this issue for me and everybody.

[Post New]by harleyquinn4 on Apr 16, 10 11:04 AM
Hi,i brought the game, im on the first part, ive found the key and ive clicked on the door and followed all the instructions that have appeared ive even cliked hint, but the key goes back to the inventory.
Ive deleted the game and downloaded it again but it still doesnt work, i changed my proflie loads of times and it does the same thing again.
Please reply because its unfair that i brought the game and its not working.
Thank you.

Go to: