Indy70
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Indy70 on Apr 6, 10 4:34 PM
Thanks very much krissywillow. I appreciate it.

katkarman
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Great Game

[Post New]by katkarman on Apr 7, 10 12:05 AM
Hi !

I love the game, and am interested enough to keep playing. I love the graphics and stroyline also. I am just waiting for the standard version. Hopefully it is coming out soon.

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on Apr 8, 10 2:09 AM
So can anyone give an approximate playing time for this game? I'm getting a bit frustrated with playing the demo, buying them having a total of 11/2 - 2 hrs playing time. Best games to play so far have been Ravenhurst series (replayed a couple of times), Dire Grove, Dream Chronicles, Treasure Seekers and the brilliant Drawn: The Painted Tower.

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by puppycake on Apr 9, 10 12:43 AM
rosie28sammy wrote:This is one game that I will definitely wait for the regular version to come out. I think the main problem I had with the game is the storyline. There are enough morbid things in the world that I really don't need to see it in the games I play. I can handle a few, but it seems like the majority of the games now are ghostly, deathly, or plain weird/evil. I realize others might love this type, but for me, it is really sort of getting old.

Puppycake responds below.......cuz I messed up the quote lol

Oh I couldn't agree more! So many games are about spirits, tarot cards, ghosts, evil potions, witch craft, re-incarnations, the supernatural, mysticism, ghosts, demons, vampires, witches, scorcerers, all dark and demonic. I know the world has gone crazy and new age but it would be nice if even 50% of the games were playable by Christians.
BF would make a couple hundred more a year from me alone if they got rid of the evilness. I understand some like it and that is fine, to each their own. But I would settle for 50/50 at this point.

Edited on 04/09/2010 at 12:54:46 AM PST

Cordia
Flounder
Flounder
2,009 Posts

[Post New]by Cordia on Apr 9, 10 1:21 AM
(I have not played this yet, I'll update when I have)

I just wanted to point out that these games are not exclusive to all Christians. I'm not intending this to be a jab, but not all good Christians find those themes in games offensive or inappropriate, just like not all Christians find Harry Potter books offensive or inappropriate. Thus, I don't think the games are meant to appeal to a specific religion or spirituality, but everyone has personal boundaries, and they're not all going to match up. Apologies if this makes anyone feel bad- this is not my intention at all. I'm not telling anyone to do anything they're not comfortable with, please don't think that. I absolutely respect your right to make that decision based on your beliefs.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Apr 9, 10 10:16 AM
Nice game. However, I have a little beef with it.

- Graphics are nothing to write home about.
- For a CE I would expect voice acting.
- In some levels that I played objectives are quite clear, but I can not pick up the necessary items because the game insists stuff to be done in a certain way and it's not yet time for that item.
- If you have to reset the hidden object screen in a way that you replace items that you've found already then at least take out the quest items that you used elsewhere already.

The story sounds interesting, but sorry, that's not enough to lure me into a CE. Will consider it if it makes the Best Games of the Year list.

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on Apr 9, 10 10:55 AM
I had purchased the Standard Edition, but stopped playing to choose the Collector's Edition. I love the story, and I wanted to collect the figurines, only available via the CE, to see more of the story line, and have the other bonus of the extra gameplay.

I'm someone who also uses Screensavers / wallpapers - my own drawings, my brother-in-law's photos, concept art from games, screen shots of scenes / houses from my Sims 3 games - just because they are so unique. I use them at work too and people are always intriqued by what I have up on my computer screen.

While the game is rather easy for me, and I feel that it could be more challenging by getting rid of the "sparkles" as I like to find things on my own, I was intriqued enough that I wanted to step up the game. Beautiful graphics (always a plus for me), haunting music, and hidden objects are mostly relative to the time period.

More challenge with the hidden objects and some voice acting would add to the game, but from other games I've tried, the more difficult to find objects sometimes interprets into miniscule objects or those hidden in darkness; and voices, if not chosen well, can be grating, irritating or devoid of emotion.So, adding these is not always a good thing if not done well!

Indy70's post conveys how I feel about the game, so I won't repeat here. Never thought I'd buy a CE other than MCF or HE games (okay, two exceptions - if/when Syberia 3 comes out or if there was ever another like Microsoft's Pandora's Box.)

Great game and very enjoyable!

oakley007
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by oakley007 on Apr 9, 10 11:02 AM
Nice game. Tried and bought. Brushing the mirrors got a little tiresome.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Apr 9, 10 9:03 PM
OK... I bought the CE today, my first CE I ever bought. With 5 PC credits I was hesitant to buy it ..but it looked great.. my gut was right! This is a GREAT game! BFG.. keep these coming!!! I loved RTR, Puppetville, Vampireville, and Sweeney Todd.. this will rank up there too. Great graphics, no bad junk piles or small items, no having to go back and forth to look at the walk-thru..just a very relaxing entertaining game with a great story!

3 things I have noticed so far..

1) unless your not really reading the storyline.. I don't know how anyone could ever finish this during the demo or anywhere near an hour! I'm almost 2 hours in..the hidden object parts and puzzles I am getting through quickly..and omg I am no where near done!

2) I don't mind the mirror dusting off at all.. lol reminds me of working with ms-paint when you erase something. It sure beats another impossible mini game I am pulling my hair out over and have to give up and look at the walkthrough!

3) I always turn off the music..left this one on.. didn't even notice..very nice and love the thunder in the background!

Next to R and RTR.. I think this is my fav..definitly in my top 5...and I had played so many this week with the spring sale I was not wowed with.. I really wanted a good game to sink into. This was perfect!

Keep in mind for the 6.99.. you don't get the figurines..I think that would ruin the story IMHO... so the 6.99 won't give you the same feel and miss out on some beautiful scenes and story pieces.

There are plenty of things to do, use items from your inventory.. I like a few jigsaws and a nice story. This game gets 5
from me!! Spend the if you can for this one in CE, worth every penny and should be played in CE only..I would have been disapointed with the 6.99 version.

Edited on 04/09/2010 at 9:06:43 PM PST

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Apr 10, 10 12:03 AM
gpherder wrote:This is an outstanding game. Normally, I find any number of things with games that I dislike, although I generally only post those things which really, really irk me.

This game had very little to dislike. Good game play, good length, excellent bonus features, excellent graphics. The game didn't try to help me overmuch, and music and sounds were able to be disabled completely.

There was only tiny thing I found objectionable (which didn't really affect the gameplay at all):

When cleaning the mirrors, I would get to 100% before the mirrors were actually cleaned all the way. This is really just my OCD talking - I like to clean things entirely for myself.

Grab your OCD and come on over to my house. I have plenty of mirrors for you to clean and I promise to let you clean them 100%!

[Post New]by bmlinda on Apr 10, 10 9:01 PM
dbruton50 wrote:After I got the the wine bottles, corked them and placed them back I got the mirror shard and placed it. Then I was taken to another screen with 3 bottles. They are 3L, 5L and 8L. I can't figure out what to do.

[Post New]by londyn on Apr 12, 10 5:24 AM
Okay, I am so glad I did not purchase the Collector's Edition. Waited for the 6.99 cost. Boring, too easy and why was that a large file to download? Very disappointed!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Cchrst1953 on Apr 13, 10 9:22 AM
i just bought the game but it wont install HELP

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Apr 13, 10 4:41 PM
I usually really like CE games but this one I just found too repetitive - same HOG scenes and same completely annoying sound track. The graphics were status quo and there were a lot of sloppy interactions and wording. Did anyone notice that at the very end the dialog says "...before it's not too late!"? I think it should say, "before it's too late!" In another place it says, "cook the portion" instead of "potion". The ending was totally predictable and just overall I expected higher quality at every stage: soundtrack, interaction, script editing, graphics, and storyline. It wasn't a bad game but just didn't meet the usual standards of CE games.

Edited on 04/13/2010 at 9:34:51 PM PST

DianeIsis
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by DianeIsis on Apr 14, 10 11:06 AM
This is a really good game. I just finished playing it and I want to play another right away. Loved the fact that this is good playing against evil. Even had me believing I could join evil. The details in this game a phenominal! Throughout the game there are different rooms, different people and different objects with interesting names. The objects are well made and all seem to fit the period of the game. At the end of the game when the rooms are used once more, the rooms look like I left them: a vase broken, a globe open...... The music and sound effects are creative, pleasing and appropriate. Congrats on this one. When will there be another?

[Post New]by we4got2 on Apr 16, 10 6:02 PM
The game is working fine. In the cellar, I cannot find cork 1907 and cork 1923. Has anyone found these?

[Post New]by azmadmaxx on Apr 16, 10 11:16 PM
Like the game so far but can't get past the 11:55 which I set on the clock in the basement and then ......................... Is that all there is? Really doubt it, but see that someone else had same problem.

[Post New]by azmadmaxx on Apr 17, 10 12:08 AM
Duh, It's been awhile that I've had a rotating vs. digital clock and forgot about the hour hand progressing as the minute hand moved around the face.

[Post New]by sunnycanoe on Apr 18, 10 3:08 AM
Decent game. Puzzles were a little easy but all in all me and chunky monkey liked it ( my cat )

[Post New]by tino36 on Apr 19, 10 12:00 AM
so when is the is the rest of the game coming out i just finshed playing the first part it was very good

Go to: