elhar02
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Island: The Lost Medallion

[Post New]by elhar02 on Nov 12, 10 12:12 PM
And neither will I......it was one of the most confusing games I ever played, The hint system was terrible and when you needed it the most I couldn't tell what it was showing me, if at all!!!!! Too many fragmented pieces throughout which I usually don't mind but sometimes when you need help...their help didn't provide anything

TG I bought it for a coupon so now I don't feel so bad.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Jun 12, 11 9:04 PM
E1 who likes puzzles and **** should play this game...it is the game that just keeps giving...new puzzles...new scenes....its different enough and still not too hard....got to play again...someone did some research into treasure hunting...awesome and cool!!!!!!!

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Jun 13, 11 6:15 AM
Neat game. Neat story. Good puzzles. The different scenes were great. I liked this game.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 15, 11 10:51 PM
This was fun with some interesting puzzles, but at least in the demo time, the story didn't make much sense, and some of the hidden object scenes had items really difficult to find. I hate having my hint button on cool-down, but for the last few objects, it often was. Maybe I'm just having a bad night. *shrug* Overall though, good game, and a might-buy for me.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 2:05 PM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 3, 12 4:16 PM
This game is not so bad, I like the way the puzzles are, I always like something different when it comes to HOG.

I bought it on sale and I was not disappointed of what I got for the prices.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Apr 12, 12 7:26 AM
Review based upon completion of the game.

You are reunited with Pam, your significant other, only to have her abducted the following night. You are stuck with a medallion that she brought along from her trip, and that's the only clue you have. Find Pam, and uncover the mystery of some island where she supposedly is now...

The Good:

+ FROG scenes
+ quite good story, told in comic style in cut scenes
+ adequate game length

The Neutral:

o some mini games are not explained well, but you are able to figure it out quickly
o quite fast hint recharge (you will need it!)
o sometimes you are stuck with completed objects and no clue what to do with them

The Bad:

- VERY TINY objects
- sound (this marks the first time that I voluntarily turned up the music volume to drown out the blings)

Bottom Line: Good game that apparently aged quite well. There are broad black bars on the side in full screen mode, making visible screen smaller and some objects tiny. The story - while a bit clichéd (your standard Indy Jones one) - held my interest for the 3 hours it took me to complete.

[Post New]by blue_irisgirl on May 4, 12 10:23 AM
I was annoyed to have to go look for help more than once and am again stuck in the car!! When the items don't work (handle) and the tools are hidden then to another game i"ll go.

pamhamlet
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by pamhamlet on Jun 18, 12 1:31 AM
Funny Fact:

This has been a very enjoyable game for me. I've found it relaxing and not too hard of a challenge. Quite logical gameplay, actually, and good story. I'm about 3/4 of the way through it, but I had to stop and comment here tonight on one thing over which I had quite a good laugh.

I noticed there were minor grammatical errors throughout the game which normally do not detract from gameplay for me, but I sure giggled over this: Watch out for those "gorillas" with the guns in the jungle. I'm sure the developers meant "guerrillas," so this elicited quite a giggle out of me. There were a lot of monkeys depicted throughout the different scenes, but I've never yet seen a gorilla toting a machine gun in my life--- except maybe in a cartoon!

[Post New]by pgnfeline on Jun 25, 12 1:46 PM
Not the best storyline, but okay. HOS scenes were nice. But, someone should have checked the use of english; nouns and verbs should match.

Comments and Reviews for Island: The Lost Medallion

[Post New]by wendymm on Jul 18, 12 9:04 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Island: The Lost Medallion? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Hope to hear from you!

Here’s an example as well: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/84613.page

Let me know if you have any questions!

[Post New]by wendymm on Jul 18, 12 9:05 PM
well that would have been the biggest waste of money! i no sooner brought it and it was over a real disappointment sorry i purchased it

Go to: