chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for 'The Fateful Voyage - Titanic'

[Post New]by chillygirl on Apr 17, 10 4:54 PM
Huh....I just noticed I only write when I DON'T like a game. Prolly makes me sound like a complainer lol. I love & appreciate sooo many games BF puts out there for us but this one grated my nerves badly. Just didn't make any sense to me. I picked up a bunch of pipes but didn't have the patience to see what for...The demo lasted longer for me than it should've- 30 min. No thank you, but just so's you all don't think of me as negative Nelly, I promise to write nice things too
...See ya upstream?

Donq47
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Donq47 on Apr 19, 10 4:34 PM
I've enjoyed the game a lot. Some things make you think a bit out of the box but that's ok. No technical issues over here.

[Post New]by TrishB on Apr 24, 10 4:38 AM
I'm so glad I didn't listen to the negative reviews of this game and bought it. There was nothing about it I didn't like! I rarely post my opinions (what's there to say about HOGs except BORING!) except when I find an adventure game (my favorites) that is worthy of praise, This was one of them. Even the puzzles, with no hints how to proceed, can be figured out with a little thought. I only wish there were more games on BF like this one.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Apr 28, 10 2:42 PM
I agree with Poodlebear - quit after the card game that i had no clue how to solve. The vents on and off drove me batty. Not for me.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on May 24, 10 8:02 PM
I really enjoyed this game. It was mainly an adventure/hidden object game, and overall was quite well done - you had to think a bit throughout. The conclusion was sad, and I wished I had chosen a different path for the ending.

Overall a solid well-made game - no complaints.

[Post New]by Maxmum on Aug 4, 10 1:17 PM
I cannot get the lipstick under the eagle's left leg (following the walkthrough instructions). It keeps telling me No, not like that or something similar. Any suggestions?

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on Sep 4, 10 6:14 AM
I only played the demo and I think it's alright. This isn't the best but it's not bad either. I like it that they put some puzzles (and they're not very hard either) and occassional hidden object games.
I also think the voice and graphic are OK. (The only character who annoyed me was the little boy, it's quite obvious that it's an adult voice trying to sound like a little kid, but it turns out weird.. sorry (
But if BFG will cut the price a little bit more, I will probably consider buying this game

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on Sep 4, 10 6:15 AM
Maxmum wrote:I cannot get the lipstick under the eagle's left leg (following the walkthrough instructions). It keeps telling me No, not like that or something similar. Any suggestions?

When you put your cursor closr to the eagle, it will show a shadow of lipstick, so I guess you should drag the lipstick to that lighted area, the eagle will automaticcally grab it hope this helps

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Nov 29, 10 2:32 PM
Ready to buy with the holiday sale but this is another game I cant play with my new windows 7.

Wish I still had my xp lol

Happy game day to all

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 9, 10 4:35 AM
I'm enjoying the game. Interesting, a bit different, even if parts are silly. That's one of the things that makes it fun. I am about 2/3 of the way through, though, and would like it very much if our heroine left her husband to go down with the ship. Who knows? Maybe I'll get my wish.

[Post New]by lchinky on Dec 28, 10 3:38 PM
How do get out of the shuffleboard game? I tried skipping this puzzle, but it wont let me. Please help!

bunny3620
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by bunny3620 on Apr 2, 11 5:25 PM
I am with the "nay sayers" as far as this game goes. It just doesn't make sense even with the walk through which I have had to use a few times and I'm just getting into the game. I click on a hint everywhere I go and it keeps saying "nothing to do here for now" or some such thing then when I go to the walk through it does show me something to do. EEEEKKKK

Enough said

MsDee_1968
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by MsDee_1968 on Jun 3, 11 8:21 AM
As a HOG fanatic & history buff, I was intrigued when I heard about this game. I tried the demo and I was hooked! I ended up buying the game commercially so I would have the CD in case I had to reinstall. The graphics are pretty cool, even if they're not COMPLETELY historically accurate. The only thing that puzzled me is the fact that MY game seems to be different than what other Fishies are playing. I have yet to see a hidden object screen and a few of my inventory items are different. So far, no has been able to tell me why, but I plan to keep playing and try to reach the end. I love a challenge and this game certainly gives me that!!

spiritgamer
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by spiritgamer on Jun 4, 11 12:45 PM
I bought this game at the discounted special price of $2.99 and it was well worth it!
I always like games that have voiceovers...makes it more interesting and the puzzles were pretty good as well.

TKincaidIN
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by TKincaidIN on Jun 4, 11 1:30 PM
susielee wrote:This is not for me. I didn't like it at all. The graphics are not crisp and clear - more fuzzy and grainy. I hate all the clicking on people to get them to talk. The game is very confusing. You really need the walkthrough to carry you step by step because there's no clue what you should do.

I agree 100%. If I HAVE to use a walkthrough or help button all the time what is the point. A game is for fun. I will pass even for $2.99

tehi
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by tehi on Jun 4, 11 8:06 PM
spiritgamer wrote:I bought this game at the discounted special price of $2.99 and it was well worth it!
I always like games that have voiceovers...makes it more interesting and the puzzles were pretty good as well.

I heartily agree with spiritgamer!!! I thought this was a steal at 2.99 and I have actually laughed out loud over some of the conversation scenes. The main character is sarcastic and plucky and I just loved the interaction she had with everyone. I found it to be one of those games that you need to take notes on as there is no journal and some of the puzzles require you to remember facts or equipment position etc.... much like a Nancy Drew game.
Haven't finished yet...been playing for a few hours and the ship is sinking!!!!!

Love it!
Terri

ibnew
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ibnew on Jun 11, 11 7:08 AM
I hope not all of the Hidden Mysteries Games are not like this one. I like games that move along with limited dialogue. This one drags because I find the tasks difficult and need to refer to the walkthrough. I like the Mumbo Jumbo Game Mysteries.

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Jun 15, 11 9:59 AM
Didn't like this game at all I found the main character very sarcastic. Some of the puzzles were hard, especially the card game. Skipped quite a few (don't like doing that), I like to try and figure them out.
All I can say is I wasted one of my free games on this

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 18, 11 2:05 AM
I will be buying this game today it is a DD..loved everything about this game Graphics was clear and music was kool..Thx DEV's and BF..

[Post New]by wolffiveclaw on Jul 19, 11 9:57 AM
Thought this looked ok and at the DD price I decided to give it a go. Thank goodness I tried the demo! I played 35 minutes by which time I'd lost the will to live.
The dialogue was truely awful... god knows where the boy was supposed to be from but it certainly wasn't Southampton.. or anywhere in the British Isles come to that. As for Watshername... kilometeres!!! Why would she be talking in kilometeres for crying out loud... we don't even use them now!
Game play... boring and some of it so stupid. I had no trouble seeing what I had to do but the point of it all was just ridiculous and nothing to do with the Titanic.
It's def NO for me

Go to: