shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Settlement: Colossus

[Post New]by shasta24 on Jul 3, 10 6:35 AM
I'm thrilled to view all your positive comments. "Frannycats" believe it should be voted game of the year. I agree. How do we get that to happen?

shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by shasta24 on Jul 3, 10 6:41 AM
Settlement Colossus is the Game of the Year! Just try it. You'll agree!

margojg
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by margojg on Jul 5, 10 1:27 PM
I am not one for time management games, but decided to try this one after reading about it in another forum as well as reading the comments in this forum. I am almost finished the demo and am quite enjoying it. The graphics are clear, the sound is amazing (birds, waterfalls, etc), the fact that there is no timer and the hints (I tried a couple of times just to see) load quickly. The mini games I have come across so far are a bit challenging, but not too bad and I was able to figure them out without taxing my brain too much - just a little. All in all, I decided to buy this game. Thanks for a great game with a bit of a different twist on it. Not just the everyday HOG or time management, but a fun combination.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jul 10, 10 1:29 PM
What a fun game!

Demoed and purchased (have lots of free credits I'm trying to spend!). This is a very unique game. It's kinda of a mix between building/strategy/HOG/time management/simulation. You are building a city but you must collect all of your own resources (that's the HOG part). You have several projects going on at once and need to keep an eye on what resources you are falling short of. At some points, you have to do puzzles - some involving items you find in HOG scenes, and others just straight out puzzles but so far, every puzzle I have done has been both unique, just hard enough but not frustrating, and fun to actually do. This game is a refreshing change of pace from your usual straight HOG, builder or adventure game.

Highly recommend trying this one - I think you will be hooked pretty quickly!

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jul 11, 10 3:31 PM
Settlement Colossus is one of my TOP 10 Favorite games. The sounds of the birds and running water and the wind, etc is wonderful I turn off the music and turn up the sounds. If you want a game that seems to take forever --- this is your game. I forgot how long it took me to play this through the first time. I know it was well over a week. I am now playing it for the second time and loving it just as much. This is a game I will play over and over and over.

Gemcats
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Gemcats on Jul 29, 10 2:41 PM
Anyone know of other games that are like this one?

Thaletta
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Thaletta on Jul 31, 10 1:21 AM
Brilliant Awesome and Fantastic Have just finished this game and it is the best game I have played ever!!! The developers should be VERY proud. The graphics are AWESOME, it was so easy to find most of the hidden objects and I LOVE the fact that you aren't punished for missing an object on clicking!!!!.The music was good. and the story line was excellent. I love the fact that you are not only HOGging but also building something without it being a stressful senario. Congratulations Developers and good on you BFG for getting a great game for all us fishies.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Aug 4, 10 4:35 PM
I love this game! I have replayed it a few times and enjoyed it every time. I love turning the music off and listening to the sounds of nature. Fun, stress free, and very clever. Love it, love it, love it!

[Post New]by busymisslizzie on Aug 6, 10 4:29 AM
one of the best games I have bought , I have played and completed it 6 times and counting, would like more of this type of game Big Fish xxx

[Post New]by BillRead on Aug 22, 10 4:30 AM
I have noticed a "Delux" version on Zylom games, anyone know if this is really a different version or the same game with a different title ?? thanky.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 22, 10 9:22 AM
This looks like a hit! For those that like acronyms, it's a PYOP RMHOG. It's probably unique and will certainly hog a lot of your time!

(Play (at) Your Own Pace Resource Management Hidden Object Game).

There's no timer.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Sep 1, 10 4:35 PM
I am SO addicted to this game! I hope the developers come out with another, similar game. I'd be happy with this similar story but set in a different locale.

jueh
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by jueh on Sep 5, 10 11:09 AM
Brilliant game and I am absolutley addicted, more of these games pls BF.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Sep 23, 10 8:33 PM
I was just replaying this game for the umpteenth time - and wondered - did it win any awards? It is by far the most beautiful game, so well thought out, detailed,... I'm hooked!!! The developers are genious! Thank you for a game I will continue to go to for a long time.

shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by shasta24 on Sep 25, 10 4:20 AM
This is a detailed account of my endeavors to see a game I love achieve top awards.

July 22, 2010 07:07 AM PDT
I wrote to BFG:
How does a game receive the "Game of the Year" award?
I think "Settlement: Colussus" is entitled to this award.

BFG:
We actually don't have Game of the Year awards but you should definitely post your feedback in the Settlement: Colussus Forum

My Reply to BFG:
Your response is perplexing. "We actually don't have Game of the Year awards". Please refer to the email below I received from Big Fish Games on January 1, 2010 at 11:49 pm. "Best Game of the Year 2009" is "Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove".

BFG REPLY July 23, 2010 10:07 AM PDT
The 'Best of 2009' is actually a promotion that provided the best games of 2009 and gave coupon codes because these games were some of the top games of that year.

If you go to our Big Fish Games Blog 2009 Customer Favorites Awards (http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/2009-customer-favorites-awards/) you can see more information about the 2009 Customer Favorites Awards. It looks like this is the email that was sent to you as well!

At the very bottom, it states how winners are selected:

How Were Winners Selected?

For those who are interested, all winners earned this honor based on overall customer purchases. The following factors were used to determine the winners:

1. First month sales
2. A game can only win one award (i.e. if a game wins "game of the year", it cannot qualify for "Best Hidden Object Game", etc.)
3. How games are classified is determined by the site editor. Many games cross several genres and award categories.

I will pass on your suggestion of Settlement: Colussus as a nominee for being one of the best games and if we do a 'Best of 2010' promotion, we will definitely keep you in mind!

Sorry about that and please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Have a great day!

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Oct 7, 10 11:07 AM
I like this game, don't mind revisiting the same places for the HOG parts, the actual hiding places do vary quite a bit. I have one problem with this game, and one real like about it - and in a way they are the same ...
terrific attention to detail: in sunlight, there are dust motes catching the light, there's always something moving to watch - BUT - I keep trying to brush those dratted insects off the screen Very realistic.

Incidentally, I have a large flat screen TV, and this summer flies have been constantly attracted to the screen, and sit on it for several minutes if I let them. I haven't decided if they are aware that the "ground under their feet" is changing second to second, and if they prefer green to blue, for instance.

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Oct 9, 10 5:46 AM
Desperately hoping for a sequel to be announced for this title! Anyone have any information, any at all, about the possibility of this happening?

carthappy
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by carthappy on Oct 18, 10 6:30 PM
I found the game to be very boring. The scenes are too repetitve, and the goals are tedious. Wish I hadn't bought it, but the demo was fun.

margojg
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by margojg on Dec 13, 10 5:57 AM
I have played this game through several times and enjoy it every time. Experience only enhances the gameplay in my books. The first time through I didn't get to enjoy the extras (frogs jumping, thunder and lightening, rain, etc). I take the time to enjoy these features when playing it now as I know what to expect and what to do to move along in the game. A great game, well worth the $ and one I will continue to play for a long time. It would be great to see a sequel or even one similar to it come along. I know the developers must have taken a long time to create it, but hopefully they know it was worth the work - at least in my eyes

[Post New]by decrepitude on Dec 28, 10 9:26 AM
I just wanted to add my appreciation to all the above. I think it is by far the best game I have ever bought, and by far the best value! I only got it a week ago, just finished it today (Christmas celebrations got in the way), and I am strongly tempted to start it all over again straight away! Something I never do, I usually leave a few months before replaying games.

I hope the developers bring out a similar version with a different setting.

Go to: