Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for GrimTales: Graywitch Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by 12Bang3 on Feb 7, 17 1:56 PM
Hi! I'm running Windows 10, and have had both problems mentioned -- the bracelet and the scalpel -- and one other. I didn't use the octopus amulet as soon as I got it, and when I tried to go back into the room to use it, the game wouldn't let me click there at all. Since it was the Bonus Game, I was willing to quit the game and go back in, click "reset", and start the chapter over. That worked, but what a pain!

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for GrimTales: Graywitch Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pungstress on Feb 7, 17 6:03 PM
momsford wrote:Pingstress......I had the same problem. I had to put my cursor slightly off to the side of the ring to pick it up.

Thanks! I finally figured that out. Now my problem is the scalpel I was supposed to use twice disappeared after I used it once and now I can't continue the game!
And it's pungstress.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Feb 7, 17 6:08 PM
Just read through the BFG responses to the tech difficulties; their suggestion that we uninstall/reinstall the game and start from scratch doesn't sit too well with me.
If the game had been properly vetted for glitches, we wouldn't be having any problems now, would we?

gamer_girl_09
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by gamer_girl_09 on Feb 7, 17 8:30 PM
If there is one thing I should have learned by now, in all of my years being a member of BFG, and that is to read the technical issues of the game's forum BEFORE BUYING the game!!!!!

It WON'T happen again! I came here because the scalpel disappeared after cutting the rope and now I can't open the bag in the carriage, hence I can't do anything else with the game. Waster of $13.99!

We should NOT have to uninstall, reinstall and then start the game over! Takes 100% of the fun out of it. After reading these comments, I see that it would only result in having to do it all over again once I get to the bracelet and then again at the deer if it even worked then!

BFG needs to STOP offering games that have issues until they're ALL resolved.

[Post New]by zagava on Feb 7, 17 9:32 PM
Can't finish the bonus chapter. Can't get the broken statue to place the wings on it. Reset the bonus game and it still doesn't work. Very frustrated

[Post New]by twinkles20039 on Feb 7, 17 11:32 PM
I am stuck after getting the bracelet, I can't get out of the room, I am using windows 10 , I restarted the game with the same result, can you help me?

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Update to my Tech Request: It won't work on my Windows 10 System

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 8, 17 1:36 AM
So I had a reply from Tech Support after sending them Dr. Felix file and they said, "I'm sorry to say that it looks as though this game doesn't want to work on your system." but no explanation beyond that. I am running a Windows 10, 1 year old gaming system w/ Intel Core i5 3.5 GHz CPU,16 GB of RAM and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 Graphics card. In short, a decent, new(ish) gaming system that will run the most taxing MMOs but I can't run a casual IHOG? O.o

This is now the 3rd game where it just wouldn't work in very similar situations - the game just glitches over some inventory item. I believe it is a Windows 10 issue and wonder when the game designers are going to actually start designing for Windows 10 since you can't buy a new computer w/o it. (sad to say, I think it's crap, and miss the heck outta my Windows 7 system).

I am a little surprised that many of the players now part of the Infamous Bracelet Survivors Club are Mac users, though, so not *all* Windows 10.

[Post New]by flutsy on Feb 9, 17 1:16 PM
allo scuse my english im french

im stuck at the same plaCE THAN OTHER POEPLE

CAN U GIVE ME BACK MY CREDITS
ILL BY ANOTHER GAME

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOURHELP

JLMONTMINY

[Post New]by sixmilecross on Feb 9, 17 6:08 PM
I got on here today and read all the problems with getting to the bracelet and getting stuck. Which is what happened to me. then I saw an update for this game and downloaded it. I had to uninstall it and reinstall it due to another issue. But lo and behold, when I went back in to the game, it went right back to the bracelet. No fix. I don't know what the update was supposed to fix, but it didn't fix this problem.

[Post New]by melansongirl on Feb 9, 17 6:42 PM
Thank you for the fix!

[Post New]by judhum on Feb 10, 17 6:46 AM
I downloaded the fix, but it still doesn't work. I have Win10

[Post New]by sabinepranjic on Feb 10, 17 6:51 AM
I have the same problem as judhum. Installed the fix, but stuck at the same point - also Win 10.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Feb 10, 17 7:39 AM
So much for the Update.....which I have set to install automatically after all the games that have needed them.

I have managed not to get caught by the infamous bracelet, but have gotten caught by the scalpel, the deer antlers and now, the minotaur horns and either placing the gargoyle head first or the octopus......
and I am sick to death of Hint sending me uselessly to the Doctor's office.

I love this series of games.....and find it interesting to have Richard and his snarky relationship with his heirs.....but, I thing a certain game company is trying to put out too many game series in too short an amount of time.

I am sick of uninstalling and reinstalling this game.....and sick of starting over....
time for a credit folks.

shunterfl
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by shunterfl on Feb 10, 17 11:24 AM
Scalpel disappeared after I used it to cut the rope to get the TNT so I can't cut the bag in the coach. Any suggestions?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 10, 17 11:39 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post what they are experiencing in this particular thread. For the issues that have been presented in this thread, it is highly recommended to ensure that you are on the most current version available as an update was recently released to address these issues. Please refer to the following announcements for more information:

UPDATE! New version available for Grim Tales: Graywitch Collector's Edition - February 9, 2017
UPDATE! New version available for Grim Tales: Graywitch CE (Mac) - February 9, 2017

If issues continue to persist and you have installed the latest updates, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. The support team has the tools to further assist and provide information to the teams. The support team also has the tools to access your account regarding a credit that was mentioned. Please keep in mind that this is on a case by case basis. The support team is happy to help in any way that they can.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please PM any of the moderators.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by olivasjan on Feb 10, 17 4:41 PM
I am in the Bonus Chapter and can't get the Pointer Token in the Hospital with the dagger. I downloaded the update and that didn't help. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled and I still can't get it. Need a fix for the money I have spent. I am running Windows 10 and have a new gaming system.

Edited on 02/10/2017 at 4:48:04 PM PST

Pinkbudgie
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkbudgie on Feb 10, 17 6:00 PM
After installing update I am still stuck in the same scene again with the bracelet issue. I have Windows 10.

zendnez
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by zendnez on Feb 11, 17 10:25 AM
As others have said, the patch didn't fix the bracelet issue for me. I'm still stuck in the scene that says "Take the bracelet" but the chest is empty because I've already taken it.

Is there another fix in the works for this?

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Feb 11, 17 12:34 PM
As many others, the new update did not correct the bracelet issue I had, so I uninstalled the game and now I want to install the patch again and it says there is no new update ???? What do i do ? Do we have to quit BFG en masse to make you react ????

[Post New]by SharSF on Feb 11, 17 4:10 PM
After the first (?) update, I made it to the bonus game. Got all the way to the interaction with the hospital room and the dummy. Now I'm left with just 4 of the "stars" and nothing else. Yet my only move is to use a tool to pick up the last "star" from the acid. Hint just leads me to the upper left corner.

Go to: