HJ14
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery

[Post New]by HJ14 on Apr 9, 10 10:17 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Re:Your Comments and Review for Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery

[Post New]by flojo2 on Apr 9, 10 10:21 AM
Pinky559 wrote:Help. I cut the pillow on the couch and saw the numbers 572 I went to the safe and put in the 572 and it said error. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Pinky after you find 527 you have to match the picture below by counting what is on it.

[Post New]by jackien66 on Apr 9, 10 10:31 AM
Can someone give me a hint as to what to do with the paintbrush? I am very frustrated...liked it enough to buy it but now I'm stuck!!! Please help!!!

[Post New]by nursepammyj on Apr 9, 10 10:33 AM
TerryMann wrote:
tuttepeever wrote:I I am sure something will come out soon. Some people are actually talking about Crime and Punishment, I am eager to check that one out. TMann

Hey Terry...can you tell me more about Crime and Punishment....my search came up with nothing...

Thanks...Pam

[Post New]by tonneke on Apr 9, 10 10:40 AM
MargieB wrote:
We will post the walkthrough for this game tomorrow.

Thanks,

Margie B

dlRetired
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dlRetired on Apr 9, 10 10:48 AM
I bought this game because I found that I needed to do more thinking and not relying on "hints" to keep me going. BUT I found it frustrating that the sparkles didn't spark where you were to dig in the rhino scene. Also that the sparkles kept sparkling even when you were through with the scene. I kept going back to it thinking I had something more to do.

Stuck: My main question is what do I do in the house scene--the one after the rhino--with the hook and paint brush. I think I have tried every room and scene many times. If anyone can help me so.

dlRetired

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Apr 9, 10 12:13 PM
I like this game. The puzzles are nice and a lot of them are not that simple...I finished chapter three, but I skipped the clock puzzle with the gears...I read the walkthrough but still don't understand why the gears have to be in that order...

I like the story too. The hidden objects are easy to find, the hint button reloads fast and I love that, because for me, clicking on hidden objects is just a way to relax. I like the puzzles more than the clicking

So, this will be a buy for me I guess

Raska :heart

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Apr 9, 10 12:14 PM
dlRetired wrote:I bought this game because I found that I needed to do more thinking and not relying on "hints" to keep me going. BUT I found it frustrating that the sparkles didn't spark where you were to dig in the rhino scene. Also that the sparkles kept sparkling even when you were through with the scene. I kept going back to it thinking I had something more to do.

Stuck: My main question is what do I do in the house scene--the one after the rhino--with the hook and paint brush. I think I have tried every room and scene many times. If anyone can help me so.

dlRetired

As you might have found out by yourself, they posted a walkthrough for the game...

meighannc
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by meighannc on Apr 9, 10 1:39 PM
On the par I really like the game. I don't mind not having too much instruction, but I did find that not being able to get a hint as to how a puzzle worked was a little frustrating once I got to the clock in chapter 3. I still have no idea what you are even trying to do on that puzzle. Other than that one item, I have found this game to be a lot of fun.

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Apr 9, 10 2:41 PM
Just finished the game. After starting over there were no technical problems for me ( Windows XP ) but the game is disappointing at best. Too bad because with a bit more work it could have been a great game. Some of the puzzles were too easy and not much in the way of a decent interface.
Sorry, but if I hadn't used a game credit I would not have purchased it.

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Apr 9, 10 2:43 PM
P.S.

I agree with glasscats comments. Gear puzzle made no sense.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Apr 9, 10 4:06 PM
I've just finished this game and like a few fishies was a little disconcerted when I couldn't seem to find anything to get me started, once I realised I could move left or right according to an arrow things made a little more sense. I'm usually hopeless at games that don't give me a little "hand holding" but with only a little bit of help from the friendly fishies in the forum I managed to get through this game with no skips. I found the HOG scenes simple and the mini-games were at times challenging and I agree with Poodlebear I did have some of those "Ah ha" moments On the whole I really enjoyed the game, it certainly did exercise the mind. Would appear there maybe a sequel.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 9, 10 4:21 PM
to all who i am about to offend, i salute you!

this was a good game for some reasons, and a bad game for many more. i love the fact that there is no interruption of what you're doing because the game stops you and prompts you to go do something else. i love the fact that there is no one breathing down your neck to hurry up and finish. i love the fact that you just figure it out as you go along. all of these things make it a great game for people who are independent thinkers in the gaming world.

what's bad? well, there's no help for the majority of people who game who need a little hand-holding once in a while, or even merely a vague sense of direction. the hints are utterly and completely useless unless you're having a hard time finding that *hammer* in the hidden object scene. the junk pile melodrama of HOG is at it's height when a game can be called a dreamscape. there is no real continuous storyline that feels anywhere near comfortable. and to top it all off, this game has a major case of the BLAHS!

after the first twenty minutes, i had progressed well into the second chapter and only decided to play some more after seeing some posts about problems with saving and closing. i had three keys and was in the middle of a movie when the game quit - saying your time has expired - and all i said was, oh, i guess that's it then. no remorse, no 'i was in the middle of something', no pondering if it was worth my money to invest in the rest of the game. just "well, my game didn't have a problem closing." and then i deleted it. just didn't feel the love, didn't feel drawn in, didn't even feel some small amusement while playing - it was very much "just killing time."

for those of you who have enjoyed it: Bless you and may you always find happiness in the least expected places. for those of you who, like me, found no happiness here: we'll always have dire grove.

happy gaming

[Post New]by Vickycutie2 on Apr 9, 10 4:39 PM
This game is a Winner I like HOG/interactive/a little adventure games and with this one I realized how happy I was that there was no walk-through. When I stopped clicking and used my brain it was peaceful and fun This game was just enough challenging but gentle by not being too overwhelming. The mini games stumped me at first but when I slowed down and noticed "my surroundings" in the game I've been able to complete nearly every one of them without instructions and hints. How refreshing!

When I first saw the reviews I was hesitant but tried the demo and had no problems. The longer I am into the game the more I love it. Not sure where the storyline is going and the music is so-so but I hope the Developers have more in the games in the works

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 9, 10 5:49 PM
I played the demo version with no problems. LOVED the game, so I bought it. Had no probs with the demo but after buying I started having some of the probs others have stated. The music kept playing after I TRIED to close it and my desktop only came back in patches, rest was black! My task manager and my husband both said the game was closed! So I turned my speakers UP and hubby finally admitted something was still playing. I rebooted, uninstalled the game and redownloaded. Then I downloaded the update for it and have had no more problems at all with the techical end of the game. Figuring out some of it has been a little difficult, but I am still enjoying the game immensely. I don't regret buying it at all. I am one of those who likes a "little hand holding" with some hogs but after reading some of the posts about paying more attention to details around the scenes in the game I have been able to figure things out to this point and must say it is kind of satisfying to figure it out instead of looking it up! I just finished the "color" puzzle on the door and am anxious to get back to it! BTW I am running IE 7 with Win XP! Y'all enjoy! And thanks BF for affordable games and a great variety!

vsbash
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by vsbash on Apr 9, 10 7:38 PM
i do not care for this game and am in agreement with alot of you - waiting patiently for something new and interesting. nothing recently has sparked any interest. hmph, i'll just keep waiting.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Apr 9, 10 8:35 PM
The graphics alone may this a no buy for me.

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Apr 9, 10 11:57 PM
I tried it. I just finished it. Complaints are that it was not long enough. Another fault is I would have liked some interaction with the young man...just anything to bring him "alive". Some posters said that there was a speaking voice...I never heard any and volume was up on the game and also up on my computer. I did not like modern day items in with very ancient times.

Things I liked were the music, some of the items being hard to find and I liked some of the puzzles.

Can I give it a thumbs up? No
Can I give it a thumbs down? No

It was just an okay game. Will I play it again? NO.

[Post New]by birdlady101 on Apr 10, 10 8:41 AM
I liked it....gets the ole brain working...and if I got tooooo frustrated I would just skip the teaser games...so I can go back again another day. I agree this is not a game for newbies....since there are no instructions but it was fun. Finished in about 2 hours....so not that long but think if I play it again will try and figure out some of the puzzles.

Lou

Sadie1230
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Sadie1230 on Apr 10, 10 8:56 AM
poppy85 wrote:Liking it so far, my trial hour is just up and I have found two keys, so with a total of 9 to find I would reckon I've got at least 2 hours to go.

One negative comment, there are absolutely no instructions, so inexperienced ihoggers would perhaps struggle a bit.

Quite a few poppy points, but haven't worked yet just how many!

Go to: