[Post New]by maisymack on May 6, 10 10:52 AM
dark and nota good game, dont waste your time

elde
Catfish
Catfish
1,597 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer

[Post New]by elde on May 13, 10 9:08 AM
I love the game, though Syberia (1 & 2) is my all time favorite.
I'm sure I'll love this game even more once I get that darn tire inflated ....grrr (they say patience is a vertue....hmm don't know about that..lol).
Does anyone know of any way to skip that part?

elde
Catfish
Catfish
1,597 Posts

[Post New]by elde on May 14, 10 4:18 AM
elde wrote:I love the game, though Syberia (1 & 2) is my all time favorite.
I'm sure I'll love this game even more once I get that darn tire inflated ....grrr (they say patience is a vertue....hmm don't know about that..lol).
Does anyone know of any way to skip that part?

Never mind, my daughter got through (and even on the first time she tried it)...pff frustrating..haha.
Nevertheless, a really good game.

318Pisces
Clownfish
Clownfish
642 Posts

[Post New]by 318Pisces on May 22, 10 9:33 AM
Hello Gamers!
New Fish in the pond & totally hooked!!!
Love the graphics, story line & the only thing I hate is my inability to give myself a chance at figuring out the mystery.
Mr. Flounder, BIG THANKS for the walk through!
This is not the type of game where you click on a hint every few minutes, so if that is what you are looking for, it's not like that. For thoses other fish out there swimming around without a clue, give yourself a chance to grow into the adventure, read the blogs, and you too will have an enjoyable experience!!!
The walk through gave me the bit of help needed to see HOW to move on through the story & I can't wait to see who dunnit!!!
Untill next time....

Need Help

[Post New]by OxFamily on May 27, 10 6:01 PM
OK I PASSED THE PIANO ROOM PART. JUSS GOT TO COMBINE SOME OF YOUR ITEMS TOGETHER AND USE THEM FOR THE DEAD LADIES LIPS AND FINGER PRINTS AND MAKE SURE YOU TAKE A PICTURE OF EVRYTHING YOU CAN. NOW IM IN THE HOTEL ROOM LOOKING FOR AN ADAPTER, I THINK, AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE LIGHT BULB IS FOR???? HELP?????

[Post New]by OregonPandora on May 27, 10 7:17 PM
I don't remember if you use light bulb later but you take it out of lamp so you can hook adapter into lamp using a hair clip. that you get from lady next door at restaurant. If light bulb not in inventory you won't use again.

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Jun 2, 10 7:24 PM
These type of games are definetly not for me don't like to wander around and talk. I like action and this doesn't foot the bill for me.

[Post New]by kaykaii on Jul 17, 10 10:34 PM
This game was really frustrating to the point I wanted to pull my hair out. It took me two hours to figure out how to get out of the first scene and let's not forget the two frustrating puzzles of the game, the tire tube and the slider puzzle. So if you lack patience I do not recommend this game. I did, however, enjoyed the graphics and the soundtrack. I thought they fit nicely together. I did not have any problems with the darkness of the game. I was able to see everything. I did have problems with the speed of the game where it would take a while to catch up with the game. This was part of my frustration with the tire tube.

I also hated that you could not skip a puzzle and you don't have much hints to work with either. So It is helpful to click on the question mark to make sure you've explored everything in the scene. But this feauture also fails since the game is too picky. Nicole has to pick up items after certain tasks are completed and not earlier. If you do attempt to pick up an item she will tell you she does not need the item now or she doesn't know what to do with it. Therefore, consulting a walkthrough was inevitable and helped me when I was completely stumped.

Overall, I would give 7 out 10... and even though it was so frustrating I had to finish it and get my money's worth.

hoogabooga
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by hoogabooga on Jul 21, 10 8:52 AM
Can't even get out of the first scene!

[Post New]by crowcuss on Jul 24, 10 11:20 AM
Help!! I have downloaded this game to my laptop but it will not start. Maybe too large a file??

[Post New]by otthab101 on Jul 26, 10 11:34 AM
great game, would like to find Art of Murder 3: Cards of Destiny

ARLENEARL
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ARLENEARL on Aug 6, 10 12:34 PM
REALLY ENJOYING THIS GAME UNTIL I HAVE TO FIX TIRE. AS FAST AS I GO I DO NOT GET TO THE WATER FOUNTAIN IN TIME. WHAT GIVES. WILL KEEP TRYING WHILE I WAIT FOR REPLY. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME.

[Post New]by parispaiges on Sep 23, 10 6:17 AM
i like the story line and i must say the game was indeed great but if it's taking me months just to get past the beginning this is not a game i can enjoy. now that i have gotten past the beginning i having trouble getting past the fountain and the wheel part and why do you have time on that part anyway even if we make it to the fountain 5seconds gone because we have to wait for the hourglass to remove itself and five to ten senconds are already gone.i love mistery games it is a challenge but for the beginners you might want to have and easy, meduim, and hard section and please put it were we can adjust the screen i hate having to start over from the beginning and going through the movie thats a little to much.other then that i really can't wait to end this one i want to know who is the puppeteer.i am hooked on the game for sure just have a few request.

[Post New]by stargazerlea on Sep 26, 10 2:22 AM
Godolfin wrote: Also, and I don't know if this is just in the demo or if this happens in the actual game, but I hate having to see through the lead in every time I start up the game. This one is a no buy for me.

If you press ESC on the keyboard it will skip the opening.

I liked this game, I'm not finished yet but so far I've enjoyed it. For once the game is hard! The slider puzzle in the palace was so so hard but it challenged my brain I wouldn't reccomend this to people who want an easy game they can do in one day though. You must be prepared to sit through long dialogues and stare at the same puzzle for ages.

I didn't like the timed parts because the protagonist takes a little while to get anywhere so you lose more time waiting for her to walk to where you want her.

Overall, a pretty entertaining game. The story line ain't bad (at least I still don't know who did it like in the last one), it's challenging, it CAN be done without a walkthrough but with a lot of patience.

8/10 for me

VanRonk
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by VanRonk on Oct 1, 10 11:53 PM
Thanks to this forum I decided to try Art of Murder: FBI Confidential first. Glad I did because I really enjoyed it. Personally, I love RPG's.

I am 90% through Hunt for the Puppeteer and enjoying every minute. I admit to needing the walkthrough a couple of times Once you work out how to get through the first scene, you will understand the format for the rest of the game. If you bought the first game, you already know how challenging these are......

Fairly logical, although I did pull some of my hair out at times. Next to Syberia and Syberia II this is the best RPG game I've played. I have saved 10% as I don't want it to end!

As with the first Art of Murder game, my one small criticism is the game cursor being slower than I like. Can this be changed during game play?

Anyhoo, 9/10 for storyline, graphics and challenging puzzles.

[Post New]by AuntieJulie on Nov 7, 10 1:40 PM
obrien60 wrote:HeeHee, 90%

It's now November - did you EVER get to 100%? and if so, what did you think of the game?

This is definitely my type of game - I loved the first one and I'm enjoying this one as much. I always need a walkthrough on these - only after reading this forum have I discovered the way to access a wt whilst playing the game - THANKS! I can't believe I never knew that! ALT & TAB, hmm, after all these years...

Even though I'm currently stuck at the fountain with a WET tyre (wt doesn't mention that!) and unable to use my marker pen, this game gets 9/10 from me!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 10, 10 5:32 AM
Even though I'm currently stuck at the fountain with a WET tyre (wt doesn't mention that!) and unable to use my marker pen
You are so close. As this is a comments thread, I'll hide the last part to avoid a spoiler. Drag your cursor over the missing text to highlight.
[spoiler]When you put the inner tube into the fountain you get a comment to say that she's found the puncture. Take the tube back into inventory after the comment.You combine the marker with the inner tube in inventory just like combining any other two items. You can't mark the inner tube while it is in the fountain.[/spoiler]

[Post New]by tobytops on Nov 12, 10 4:26 AM
Please can you help, i have collected all the evidence but can not get out of the door next to the policeman, i have chatted to him, i have the walkthrough and have done everything it says.
hope you can help as am enjoying this game

hytte
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by hytte on Dec 20, 10 11:57 PM
I am very disapointed with thius game. The walkthrough does'nt show you everything. And when you follow exactly what it describes you cannot give the evidence to the officer neither go through the exit. I hav removedf this game from my computer and wasted my money on junk !

Maven
Clownfish
Clownfish
944 Posts

[Post New]by Maven on Dec 27, 10 7:35 AM
Pros: Good story. Good graphics. The combination of inventory items and the approach to resolving Nicole's challenges were logical and often quite clever. For adventure-lovers, most of the game can be done without a walk-through.

Cons: Triggers in the game that do not allow you to add items to inventory until they are "needed". Timers on some of the tasks (sweaty palms, anyone?). In a couple of the scenes, there were overly difficult combinations of multiple inventory items in multiple places.

I played this game after its sequel (Cards of Destiny) and will likely now go back and get the first in the series (FBI Confidential).

Bottom line: Worth the time and definitely worth the price.

Edited on 12/27/2010 at 7:36:56 AM PST

Go to: