Raiding followers

NiceOrc
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Raiding followers

[Post New]by NiceOrc on Aug 12, 17 1:50 AM
Sorry, just a question - if I buy lots of things from James' market, does that disadvantage other people? I had a vague idea that his market was specifically for you, am I right? I would feel awful if I had been buying things that other people needed!

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,718 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 12, 17 1:56 AM
NiceOrc wrote:Sorry, just a question - if I buy lots of things from James' market, does that disadvantage other people? I had a vague idea that his market was specifically for you, am I right? I would feel awful if I had been buying things that other people needed!

You are correct. James is there just for you. So, if storage is tight, it's a good idea to leave everything in his market until you need it, or the end of the day.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,170 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Aug 12, 17 5:08 PM
I also found out that James isn't really considered another player. Before I applied the update, I wasn't able to access the market of anyone who had updated, but I could get at James'. Of course, this doesn't really help anyone, but I thought it was interesting
(Where's that rare plant when you need it? )

mdpetdoc
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,073 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Aug 12, 17 5:42 PM
rosiebvt wrote:
(Where's that rare plant when you need it? )

Puff's insatiable need is creating an extreme shortage of rare plant.

pooky43
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by pooky43 on Aug 12, 17 10:06 PM
pooky43 wrote:
tdierikx wrote:I may have inadvertently bought out an entire market in my travels on the odd occasion... but I certainly don't make a habit of it! I tend to grab stuff for storing (for those pesky requests) when I have the money, and some of the people I'm following regularly have what I need - hence following them... lol!

I soundly apologise if I've been mistaken for a raider...

My in-game name is Fred I've seen you Fred my raiders are a stranger and I think peter panda

T.

like I said I try to make what I can at night and if I don't have what I need then I buy what I need but I try to sell a little of everything so people who need it can buy it and I still need to get my machines and trees

pooky43
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by pooky43 on Aug 12, 17 10:25 PM
pooky43 wrote:
thistle809 wrote:I believe that these jerks find us not only by the leader boards during events, but by the little smiley faces left when someone answers a call for help. I have never been on a leader board, but I do try to answer calls for help whenever I see one.

I think there is also more than the obvious reason of stocking their own markets for followers. I believe a lot of the "raiders" have multiple games and raid our markets using one game, put those items in that marketplace and quickly "buy" the items with the games that can use them. I've come across a few of the games that our raiders have and the markets are always empty which reinforces my belief that they use one game to funnel goods to their other games.

(Just thinking "out loud".)
I agree, I am the same way but what is weird if someone who is not my friend asks for help like in notif area or someone who helped sometimes you can help them and other times it shows they need help but nothing to help with

the raiders are they ones with like an envelope on their picture or is just people who are not in your friends and followers list

pooky43
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by pooky43 on Aug 12, 17 10:28 PM
TMGamer99 wrote:
NiceOrc wrote:Sorry, just a question - if I buy lots of things from James' market, does that disadvantage other people? I had a vague idea that his market was specifically for you, am I right? I would feel awful if I had been buying things that other people needed!

You are correct. James is there just for you. So, if storage is tight, it's a good idea to leave everything in his market until you need it, or the end of the day.

basically I buy what I need to get my storage upgraded because he always has them most of the time unless I need something he is selling

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,349 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 13, 17 7:40 AM
pooky43 wrote:
the raiders are they ones with like an envelope on their picture or is just people who are not in your friends and followers list

They are not the stamp looking icons (those are game robots and not real). Raiders are those that follow you.

If someone cleans out a market a time or two that's one thing and no big deal. It's the ones that clean it out every single time you load your market and therefore no one else has a chance to buy anything from you - ever.

pooky43
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by pooky43 on Aug 13, 17 11:46 PM
pooky43 wrote:
TMGamer99 wrote:

basically I buy what I need to get my storage upgraded because he always has them most of the time unless I need something he is selling

I think James is everyone's friend im not sure how that works but I usually just buy what I need because he always has the stuff so I can get my storage upgraded

medusa2468
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by medusa2468 on Aug 21, 17 1:37 AM
James can be a great resource if you have an empty market, if you will have some empty slots when you soon fill it, or if you want some different priced items to go with the items you're getting ready to put in your market so you have a mix to offer folks.

That way you can have market items - or more market items - than you would without James being available. So if you don't need them but can offer them to your followers - snag them and do it!

Go to: