alexw
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by alexw on Sep 6, 17 3:52 PM
I too have the same issue with Windows 10 and the run error when I click on the tree next to the well. I have now uninstalled and re-downloaded as well started a new character and still not get passed this point.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Sep 7, 17 11:31 AM
Really would like to finish this game: Please get an updated version soon, I am Tired of waiting.

linda072
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by linda072 on Sep 7, 17 2:57 PM
Dear Admins, if you have this many people having the same issues, the problem is NOT their computers. The problem is the GAME!

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by sazoria on Sep 7, 17 4:33 PM
linda072 wrote:Dear Admins, if you have this many people having the same issues, the problem is NOT their computers. The problem is the GAME!

I believe that the mods have said a few times that the devs are working on the problem.
They know that it is not peoples computers, they have just posted the usual fixes aswell, in a last ditch effort to try and help, until the devs can finish the update, which may take a while if they can't locate exactly where the problem is.
They also continue asking those affected, to send felix reports to the tech team, simply because it may help locate where the issue is, but they know that there is an issue.

I know that it is frustrating but they are definitely working on it so fingers crossed that it will come out soon.

Edited on 09/07/2017 at 4:36:19 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by tw32949 on Sep 8, 17 5:36 AM
Same issue as everyone else. Runtime error when you click on the tree on Windows 10

Edited on 09/08/2017 at 5:38:40 AM PST

[Post New]by JanSimmo on Sep 8, 17 6:44 AM
Thank you BF ....have downloaded your update and have been able to successfully complete the game. Well done and thanks once again.

[Post New]by gbartilucci on Sep 8, 17 6:57 AM
To Funlt,
I had the same issue and tried your suggestion of waiting to place the hook and it WORKED. Thank-you so much! To all of you who still have issues at the tree, restart as a different profile and stay away from the well until all activities by the tree are completed. I hope it works for all of you. Just to be safe, I went behind the tree to get the bridle before heading to the well, too.

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Sep 8, 17 1:24 PM
I started a new profile, got the rag and pitch before going to the well and was able to continue with the game.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 8, 17 2:28 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks again for your patience. If PC players haven't already downloaded the update that was released yesterday, please take a look at bfgBellerophon's post below:

Update! New version available for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal CE (PC)- September 7, 2017

This should hopefully resolve the troubles with the game. If the update doesn't fix the game, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to continue providing a solution.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by scs2 on Sep 8, 17 7:32 PM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Everyone,

Thanks again for your patience. If PC players haven't already downloaded the update that was released yesterday, please take a look at bfgBellerophon's post below:

<a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/932791.page">Update! New version available for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal CE (PC)- September 7, 2017</a>

This should hopefully resolve the troubles with the game. If the update doesn't fix the game, please contact our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000093788">Technical Support Team</a>. They'll be able to continue providing a solution.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Sep 8, 17 7:33 PM
And for Mac users????

[Post New]by debopaints on Sep 17, 17 10:53 PM
fevis1 wrote:the game crashes when I go to the tree near the well with the horse after I attached the hook to the chain and throw it in. I get a runtime error. I use a PC with Windows 7

Same issue Max OS x

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Sep 18, 17 6:20 AM
debopaints wrote:
fevis1 wrote:the game crashes when I go to the tree near the well with the horse after I attached the hook to the chain and throw it in. I get a runtime error. I use a PC with Windows 7

Same issue Max OS x

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by scs2 on Sep 18, 17 6:23 AM
scs2 wrote:
debopaints wrote:

Same issue Max OS x

Tomorrow it will be a full month since I paid you for the Mac version of this game. The PC version has been fixed. Is someone even working on the Mac fix. (Yes, I know that the tech group doesn't let you know when fixes will be released, but it seems reasonable that they could at least confirm whether someone's working on it.

[Post New]by meganinky on Sep 19, 17 2:05 PM
I have a MAC with 10.12 and my game also crashes when I go to the tree at the well. I have tried deleting the game and re-installing and I get the same crash at the tree by the well.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 22, 17 12:51 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm really sorry to hear that Mac players are still having trouble with this game. Please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to pass this information along to the developers to ensure they're aware of the matter. The Moderation Team is unable to provide more information about when a fix for Mac players might be released as we're not involved in those decisions. As soon as we receive new information, we'll announce it here.

As always, I'm available via PM, as are my fellow moderators. Please don't hesitate to reach out if the need arises.

bfgBeruna

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Sep 23, 17 3:59 PM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Everyone,

I'm really sorry to hear that Mac players are still having trouble with this game. Please contact our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000093788">Technical Support Team</a>. They'll be able to pass this information along to the developers to ensure they're aware of the matter. The Moderation Team is unable to provide more information about when a fix for Mac players might be released as we're not involved in those decisions. As soon as we receive new information, we'll announce it here.

As always, I'm available via PM, as are my fellow moderators. Please don't hesitate to reach out if the need arises.

bfgBeruna

I followed your link and filed a report. Got a quick response offering to look into it, which would be good, But here's what else she said (cut and paste, so verbatim):

"Since the Customer Support department doesn't receive specific information about the release dates of specific games or their updates, the best way to find out about possible updates is to check out the Big Fish Games Forums."

So if they don't know and you don't know, who IS responsible for being certain that the developers put a priority on fixing unusable games that we've paid for rather than putting the effort into new games (as in the new game that AMAX put out for Mac today??)

daggy_k
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by daggy_k on Oct 8, 17 9:58 AM
The game crashes on my Mac, too at the tree by the well.
It's amazing that after almost two months there is no fix for Mac. As you got one for Windows, I'm wondering why not the other one as well. The error is obviously the same, and so the fix should be.

Go to: