rheadamom
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Moai V: New Generation Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by rheadamom on Oct 1, 17 7:36 PM
I have notified the tech team,so maybe this issue can be resolved soon!!!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Moai V: New Generation Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by baytobiano on Oct 2, 17 12:29 AM
I worked around this "virus"

I have Malwarebytes and went into the quarantined files and restored them.
Then I went to settings and exceptions and made the game folder an exception.
Restarted the computer and the game is back.

I suppose I am taking a chance with this, but I know they update the definitions all the time and have had problems in the past like this. The maleware is then too strict.

Hope this may help someone, GL

rheadamom
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by rheadamom on Oct 2, 17 4:19 AM
baytobiano wrote:I worked around this "virus"

I have Malwarebytes and went into the quarantined files and restored them.
Then I went to settings and exceptions and made the game folder an exception.
Restarted the computer and the game is back.

I suppose I am taking a chance with this, but I know they update the definitions all the time and have had problems in the past like this. The maleware is then too strict.

Hope this may help someone, GL

Thank you baytobiano. I hope it is just a case of them being too cautious. I am a bit afraid to try it now though, just in case it truly is a virus, lol.

barmoodie
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by barmoodie on Oct 2, 17 7:41 AM
Hi I have been happily playing this for a while when today it wouldn't open! I have uninstalled and re installed but it will still not open! I have restarted my PC several times
I am using Windows 10

Grateful for some help please

rheadamom
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by rheadamom on Oct 2, 17 7:52 AM
barmoodie wrote:Hi I have been happily playing this for a while when today it wouldn't open! I have uninstalled and re installed but it will still not open! I have restarted my PC several times
I am using Windows 10

Check your files for your virus files. Chances are, you are having the same issues we have mentioned on this site. I have Mcaffee, and they won't let me play the game due to a suspicious finding. Others on here have also run into the same issue. I bought and played this game September 1st, and started to get the Mcaffee popups about a trojan found, yesterday. So, this trojan or virus scare started the end of September.

barmoodie
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by barmoodie on Oct 2, 17 9:09 AM
rheadamom wrote:
barmoodie wrote:Hi I have been happily playing this for a while when today it wouldn't open! I have uninstalled and re installed but it will still not open! I have restarted my PC several times
I am using Windows 10

Check your files for your virus files. Chances are, you are having the same issues we have mentioned on this site. I have Mcaffee, and they won't let me play the game due to a suspicious finding. Others on here have also run into the same issue. I bought and played this game September 1st, and started to get the Mcaffee popups about a trojan found, yesterday. So, this trojan or virus scare started the end of September.

barmoodie
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by barmoodie on Oct 2, 17 9:11 AM
Thank you for that, is there anything that can be done, or have we lost the game? I do have Mcaffee, so it must be the same issue

Edited on 10/02/2017 at 9:12:41 AM PST

rheadamom
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by rheadamom on Oct 2, 17 11:09 AM
barmoodie wrote:Thank you for that, is there anything that can be done, or have we lost the game? I do have Mcaffee, so it must be the same issue

If you click on your mcafee icon, and go into the quarantined items, it will show you the sites that they quarantined. One other person on here did over ride the quarantine, and is able to play the game. If you read her/his reply, it is shown how she/he came upon that info. Enter at your own risk, lol.
I should be hearing back from BFG tech within the next couple of days. I hope they come in this forum to state what help we can get.

mrbecker
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mrbecker on Oct 2, 17 3:51 PM
I too am having the same problem -- and I was so enjoying this game.

rheadamom
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by rheadamom on Oct 2, 17 5:20 PM
I did hear from BFG, I probably won't be able to do much until the end of October, I will be in Texas, and won't have access to my computer, so maybe this will help you, this was the email I received, most of it anyway, lol:

Removed by Moderator

Edited on 10/03/2017 at 2:38:09 PM PST

[Post New]by t_radu on Oct 3, 17 8:38 AM
Hello
Seems that i have the same problem.
My antivirus software is taggin a file from MoaiV game as a virus ( Gen Variant.Ursu.7464)

OS - Windows 10
Anitivrus Bitdefender Total Security 2018
File blocked - moai5_newgeneration_ce.exe

Regards,
RT

bfgBeruna
1,339 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 3, 17 2:46 PM
Hello Everyone,

It sounds like some antivirus software programs have identified Moai V: New Generation Collector's Edition as containing a virus. I'm so sorry to hear this and can definitely provide some more information.

Our games are rigorously tested before their release and shouldn't ever contain a virus. Occasionally, in their efforts to protect the security of their computer, antivirus software programs can mistake a game for a virus. Luckily, we have great relationships with antivirus software companies for just this purpose, and our Technical Support Team will resolve this for you as quickly as possible.

Please contact our Support Team with as much of the following information as is available for further assistance:

1. The game that is causing the issue.
2. The name of your antivirus company.
3. The message alert from the company. What have they found? (Trojan, virus, worm, for example)
4. The Big Fish Games file that was detected as being infected. (Note: the name of the file might end with .exe.)

I've also included a help page about virus messages below:

Virus Messages

Before swimming off, I'd also like to ask that everyone keep the Forum Rules in mind when posting here, especially:

Keep private matters private. Do not repost or discuss any private messages or emails you receive from other forum users, moderators, or Customer Support. Protect the privacy of other forum users by keeping real names and emails out of public posts.

We ask that communications between players and Customer Support Representatives not be discussed in the forums to protect the privacy of everyone involved. We appreciate your help with this.

Thank you for your patience, and please PM me with any further questions you might have. We're glad to be of help.

bfgBeruna

barmoodie
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by barmoodie on Oct 5, 17 3:37 AM
I have sent a message but had no response as yet, Do I get a refund as I can no longer play the game?

[Post New]by Cousinhart on Oct 12, 17 2:15 PM
during my game play Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collectors edition just shuts down for no reason, I've had another collectors edition of this game do the same thing and i uninstalled it. I have yet to finish any of these games due to them shutting down. WHY??? The makers need to figure out these bugs and fix the silly thing. I'm about ready to give up on Big Fish and go find another game spot to play in.

barmoodie
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by barmoodie on Oct 14, 17 6:27 AM
Cousinhart wrote:during my game play Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collectors edition just shuts down for no reason, I've had another collectors edition of this game do the same thing and i uninstalled it. I have yet to finish any of these games due to them shutting down. WHY??? The makers need to figure out these bugs and fix the silly thing. I'm about ready to give up on Big Fish and go find another game spot to play in.

barmoodie
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by barmoodie on Oct 14, 17 6:28 AM
Still Had NO response to my message sent to you on OCTOBER 5th!!!

jackidance
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by jackidance on Oct 19, 17 3:33 AM
I found the same problem, however you can get past it if you go to the MAP and click on the next level .. the flag will move to that level and click again on that level and it wiil now play that level...
this happens once in awhile in the Kao-Ri levels.
Hope this works well for you. Also the game has level solutions in YouTube. If you should choose to view one there, be sure you have chosen the example that has a timer up in the left top corner.
Have Fun!!!!

tnt1192
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by tnt1192 on Oct 19, 17 8:57 AM
Mmnrn79 wrote:Every time I get half way through hika-ri level 12 I get an "technical error, please contact support" it shuts the whole program off

This is happening to me also. It seems to be happening to lots of people. Is there a way around this that anyone knows of or do we just not play the game until a fix is released for this game?

Edited on 10/19/2017 at 9:14:58 AM PST

jackidance
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by jackidance on Oct 19, 17 8:56 PM
pixie30 wrote:on level 10 the windmill wont work, has anyone else had this issue?

jackidance
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by jackidance on Oct 19, 17 9:00 PM
I played through twice and had to go to UTube walkthrough to finally see where it was. Once I saw it of course, it was DUH!! Like so many things can be. Once you know, then it seems so easy.
Now then, I had to really be careful where I clicked to get it to work. Plus you have to have the required stuff first.
Just click around the bottom and see if you can get it to work.

Have Fun!!

Go to: