Thoughts from Florida

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Thoughts from Florida

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 14, 17 9:30 AM
Still waiting to hear from Gulf Coast Guppy. I know her area has a lot of people without power.

Aynasha
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by Aynasha on Sep 14, 17 10:33 AM
Hopefully GulfCoastGuppie's avatar message saying "SW Fla Ltd Wifi" means she's OK as is wished for all our MIA's.

Edited on 09/14/2017 at 10:40:05 AM PST

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Sep 14, 17 11:20 AM
Hey y'all !!! Checking in from Charlotte County. Still no power but latest by the 22nd. Sweltering heat but I have wifi and a/c in the truck. Only just now figured out which of these ports in the truck will recharge my laptop battery but I still may not have the time to finish the challenge or give gifts.

2 trees from the lot next door fell on our roof but was suspended by the power line. Got those off ourselves today. Also no flooding.

Glad to read of everyone's safety and recovery!

Cute_Moni
Clownfish
Clownfish
501 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Sep 14, 17 12:17 PM
GulfCoastGuppy - so glad you are ok, was worried....

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Sep 14, 17 12:24 PM
So glad to hear from some of our Florida and North Carolina players ..... hoping that the damage continues to be minimal .... and if major -- that it all gets resolved soon.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 14, 17 1:27 PM
Welcome back GulfCoastGuppy

Do what you can to stay cool. With power out I'd hang out in the truck with a/c too .

Hang in there and try and stay as cool as possible.

oo
oo oo
ooooooo
oooooooo o

Sorry, not feeling great right now so this is my best attempt at an ice cube

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Sep 14, 17 4:15 PM
That's really "cool"

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 15, 17 10:24 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you to the players that have been able to check in with other players here in the forums. The Moderation Team continues to have you in our thoughts during this time and wish for everyone's safety.

I also wanted to wish you good tidings silver_hawk. Hope you feel better soon!

bfgBellerophon

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Sep 15, 17 4:18 PM
WooHoo!!! Power back at 6:30. Inside the house had cooled down to 87 degrees before coming on. Hopefully will catch up on the CC.

Thank you, thank you ALL for all the friendship and prayers during this time. My prayers still going out to all of us affected by Harvey and Irma. Long roads still ahead to recovery and order.

And thank you silver_hawk for the ice cube. It's the only one I've seen in 9 days LOL!

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Sep 15, 17 4:54 PM
Hey Silverhawk !

Really cool Ice Cube. Well done.

Glad the worst is over from Irma. Best wishes during recovery to all affected by the hurricane.

datsalotta

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Sep 17, 17 6:49 PM
It's great to see so many from Florida showing their Merlin Avatar.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 17, 17 7:11 PM
mdpetdoc wrote:It's great to see so many from Florida showing their Merlin Avatar.

I agree !

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Sep 18, 17 2:53 AM
norry6 wrote:
Has anyone heard from Nell/Penweb? Her avatar still shows Irma is coming.

Her game icon also shows red.
I know that she wrote earlier in this thread that she had to move off her island and in with her son. Hoping all is well and that her absence merely means that there is still a lack of power to her region or some such easily explainable reason.

Dot

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Sep 18, 17 5:21 AM
aussie_Dot wrote:norry6 wrote:
Has anyone heard from Nell/Penweb? Her avatar still shows Irma is coming.

Her game icon also shows red.
I know that she wrote earlier in this thread that she had to move off her island and in with her son. Hoping all is well and that her absence merely means that there is still a lack of power to her region or some such easily explainable reason.

Dot

She said she is in Lee County which is where I am. Overall 18% are still without power. Most are expected back by 9/19 but there are some areas that are even harder hit which are not expected to have power restored until 9/22. If she was on Marco Island it's pretty much destroyed and it could be 4 to 6 months before everyone can even access what remains of their properties. This was one of the original nine counties eligible for FEMA funds so it is a mess.

Most of the county has power from LCEC so you can check social media for updates.

norry6
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by norry6 on Sep 18, 17 9:45 AM
Thanks Dot
Her games show red to me as well now but knowing there are still places without power hopefully explains why and she will be able to contact us soon.

And thank you mdpetdoc for the updates. I'm glad you and your family stayed safe.

Norry

PenWeb
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by PenWeb on Sep 18, 17 3:59 PM
Thank y'all for your concern, and glad to see most everyone else is OK.

Finally got power back Thursday night, but no internet. Comcast finally got to our neighborhood by 6 pm today , but not soon enough to complete 8 days of challenge. Darn! I wanted Merlin.

I succumbed to the pleas of my grandson, and went to the shelter Sat noon, and stayed with him and 2 other EMTs in a quiet room. Was able to take the dog, but the 4 cats stayed home with lots of food and water available. Home by Mon noon, house in great shape, limbs from Poinciana tree down, but no other damage. Generator worked to save food in 2 refrigerators, but no a/c until Thurs night, so have lucked out this one.

Neighbor across the street had canal water onto their back porch, but not in their house. My house is several feet higher than his.

Hope that anyone else we haven't heard from is OK.

Nell / Nell2 and One Cent

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Sep 18, 17 4:06 PM
Welcome back PenWeb! Glad everything at the house was in as good a shape as it was.

Too bad about Merlin, but there will be others . The most important thing is your safety.

katie2050
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
421 Posts

[Post New]by katie2050 on Sep 18, 17 4:47 PM
Just got cable back Power came back Thursday Boy that was a rough ride Hard to believe that when I signed back in this afternoon the Castle Challenge was still up and running I was able to finish it all. I will Say one thing the power companies are working hard to get us up I know they are still working hard in Texas They got it worse than we did.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Sep 18, 17 5:43 PM
Welcome back to you too katie2050! And congrats on Merlin

[Post New]by Thewerecatqueen on Sep 19, 17 7:49 AM
I don't pray, being an atheist and all, but I still wish everyone in Florida to stay safe!

Go to: