n_7441
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions comments and reviews

[Post New]by n_7441 on May 16, 10 2:40 PM
Hints are not helpful I can not pick up the candles in the inventory? Please help. The game is good but hits are not helpful and need help. Thanks,

sheplayer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sheplayer on May 16, 10 5:28 PM
Help! I am in Chapter 2 and I can't get the marbles right. Isn't there a skip button or something to get thru these puzzles when you don't understand them or can't figure them out??? Please tell me there is a skip button I missed....

kickenbass
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by kickenbass on May 17, 10 5:41 PM
I enjoyed this gameplay and the music was nice, I usually turn off on other games. It is worth your time, money and effort.

Happy gaming

[Post New]by franciebrady on May 20, 10 11:39 AM

Unspectacular graphics, way too easy puzzles, another game for little children

[Post New]by wonderfl on May 21, 10 12:40 AM
Just finished the trial version and really like it. Will buy..

[Post New]by cutlass_fish on May 21, 10 1:00 AM
Sorry, but this game is stupid.. graphic is not good, this girl looks like scarecrow besides the game is stuck on underwater level so I can't finished it

[Post New]by fish_shelly on May 21, 10 1:06 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. goooood!

[Post New]by Meri1852 on May 21, 10 1:26 AM
Loved the game!! Great gaphics every scene. This one will be hard to top!

Ms4wheels
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Ms4wheels on May 23, 10 8:39 PM
I really liked this game.

Graphics: were great, really animated and colorful.

The storyline: was interesting and made since. Needing the glasses to see the illusion fit right into the plot.

Length: I wish it had been a little longer. It only took me two days to complete, with stops to do everyday living things, LOL.

Puzzles: Not realy hard at all but enough to keep me interested.

I know some people complained about having to use the glasses because of the way the screen would look but it didn't bother me at all.

I have played all 3 encylopedia games and have never been disappointed in them! I give this game 4 stars.

Pindusa
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Pindusa on May 25, 10 10:32 AM
This game stinks. The artwork is too elaborate and confusing. It's almost impossible to find all the pieces parts of the items you have to find. Like a piece of mop. The amount of time you need to invest to find all the little bits and bobs of things just totally outweighs the satisfaction of finding them. The help button is pretty much useless.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jun 1, 10 11:57 AM
Thank you Annatar

I was confused about the meaning of having the think differently in locating the hidden objects and your explanation clarified things for me so with that in mind, I've decided to demo this game and decided whether it's for me or not.

I appreciate everyone's time in writing their reviews -- pro and con -- because it gives me a heads up on things, whether good or bad, and allows me to have more of an open mind as to whether or not I'll even demo a game as to whether or not I'll purchase it.

MEnr56

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Jun 9, 10 7:54 PM
I loved this game! colorful, charming, with challenging ****. Thank you for yet again another enchanting chapter in this series.

[Post New]by allcats on Jun 12, 10 2:23 PM
[i]I'm in the midst (fourth screen) of Chapter 1 and this game is REALLY challenging. To all of you who are deciding whether to buy it, be advised that you need a great deal of patience and very good eyesight--not to mention the ability to try many different avenues to a solution. I was stuck outside the boat trying to find the last piece of the scissors; also needed the last pieces of the mop and handle. The problem was I didn't know which piece I needed first and for which one I was searching in vain. That situation is very frustrating (as all the posts are showing). Finally, I found the last piece of the mop on the edge of the sail on the boat (and by the way I never would have found it without the walkthru because it didn't look like the piece I needed). Then I wet the mop and used it to clean the inkstain, etc. Maybe all this will help someone else to avoid going bananas!!!

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Jul 10, 10 6:16 PM
Just finished. Good game! out of 5.

At first I didn't like this one because I got stuck (at the beginning w/ the boat). That was during the demo which I got elsewhere, so when BF got this game I wasn't even going to bother. But I gave the demo another shot and somehow managed to get past the part I was stuck on. It DOES get easier as you go along. The beginning is the hardest! Stick it out and it gets better.

I like cartoon graphics so that was fine. I don't generally like FROGs that much and this one, like the other magic ency. games, was tough (lots of tiny and skinny pieces to find). But hints recharge fast. I used them when I had to.

I played with music off as usual.

At first the illusion bit was confusing but as I already said, it gets easier (after you find the glasses). Then I really enjoyed the idea of looking through the scenes two ways.

But, it is rough on the eyes and the game is hard. There's some back tracking and moving around. I found I had fun if I played in increments, maybe 1 hour at a time. It took a long time to finish (didn't time it, but I'll guess 6 hrs anyway) because each section is pretty long and I didn't rush. I'd start to get stressed and slightly headachey or eye strained if I tried to play too long. So I'd stop and pick it up again the next day or whenever. Doing it this way made it fun.

In summary--the mechanics in this are different and enjoyable but it's not a breezy game, takes concentration and thought and looking hard! But all in all highly recommended based on those criteria. Glad I bought it. Will definitely replay it again some time.

sotu
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

Need a recommendation for similar games

[Post New]by sotu on Jul 13, 10 3:59 AM
My daughter, age 8, really likes all three games of this series (and her friends too).
Do you have any recommendations on games alike, which does not require knowing English?
Many thanks in advance :-)

coolkrunch
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by coolkrunch on Aug 8, 10 9:08 PM
I really loved this game! I liked the graphics and the walking around from place to place - usually no more than 4 places per chapter, and there are buttons at the top to transport you between the scenes. It was colorful and challenging. That said, I have seen people say they can't see the pieces, during other games, and this one, you really can't. Just use the hint button, it recharges fast, and just look extra hard. I had a lot of fun with it.

margi78
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by margi78 on Aug 25, 10 5:28 PM
Why did they wreck this series? The first two were great. This one sux. The mini games are too easy, the hidden objects are no longer in proportion or even necessarily the same colour and sometimes the hints are not helpful. The graphics and storyline are also pretty lame compared to the previous two games in the series.

Roshaa
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Roshaa on Sep 5, 10 3:55 AM
What I like about this game is that is different from most. Solutions take a little more thought (but they are logical), to find Hidden Object pieces you have to look a little harder.
At first I was a bit annoyed that the pieces were harder to find, but you just have to relax, switch between two modes of seeing and keep at it.
The music is lovely.
The graphics look like nice water colors, not very sharp but I don't need every game to look as if it were photo shopped to the hilt.
I loved the idea of two modes of seeing and there were some nice surprises.
All in all a very enjoyable experience.
I give 4,5 out of 5 stars for this original game.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 23, 11 1:46 AM
Pretty good game. Very entertaining, some of the puzzles require some thinking, but nothing overly difficult. I like how they use the illusion/non-illusion scenes, much in the way a few other games have in and out of the mirror scenes. Graphics aren't omg spectacular, but they go along well with the game. Would consider this, especially if it came up as a DD.

Patz155
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Patz155 on Sep 23, 11 1:59 AM
Thumbs UP! Light fun!

Go to: