soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst

[Post New]by soymocha on Oct 27, 08 8:27 PM
mcisno1 Welcome to one of the funnest post around. I see what you mean about something on the floor. To me, from just the right angle, it looks like a face. I see hair, two eyes, a nose and the shape of a head. It will be interesting to see what others thingk it is.

Catrin72
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by Catrin72 on Oct 27, 08 9:18 PM
My eyes (or my screen resolution!) aren't good enough to make out details. I did wonder if there was something in the floor there. Then I decided it was just the reflection from the fireplace tools.
Course, then you have to wonder why that section of the floor is so nicely polished when the rest isn't!

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Oct 27, 08 9:41 PM
OH, the anticipation of being able to play RTR and have many of our speculaltions answered.

can't wait, can't wait, can't wait

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 27, 08 10:48 PM
looloo123 wrote:I could not see it either nor the old time casket,maybe just my eyes' PSSST! hey guys just a few more weeks.

*somersaults 3 times*

Catrin72
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by Catrin72 on Oct 28, 08 2:11 AM
I went and looked at the page for Return to Ravenhearst, trying to see if the photo on the MCF website was the same as the individual page and whether that matched the promo pic on the Octoberfest page. The answer is that it is the same screenshot in all three places ~ the well in the foreground was the big tip-off...
Then (cause I could!) I went to the Ravenhearst page...

Both game pages are from the same perspective ~ looking toward the front door.

It's very clear that there has been some major landscaping while we've been gone! There's a well and a marvelous fence and a rock wall... There has also been minor remodeling on the house itself. 'Kay, I'm through being silly... just wanted to share.

Any ideas on who the woman statue in the fence is? And shouldn't the dragons come first?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 28, 08 5:56 AM
Catrin72 wrote:I went and looked at the page for Return to Ravenhearst, trying to see if the photo on the MCF website was the same as the individual page and whether that matched the promo pic on the Octoberfest page. The answer is that it is the same screenshot in all three places ~ the well in the foreground was the big tip-off...
Then (cause I could!) I went to the Ravenhearst page...

Both game pages are from the same perspective ~ looking toward the front door.

It's very clear that there has been some major landscaping while we've been gone! There's a well and a marvelous fence and a rock wall... There has also been minor remodeling on the house itself. 'Kay, I'm through being silly... just wanted to share.

Any ideas on who the woman statue in the fence is? And shouldn't the dragons come first?

..ans picked all the piles of garbage off the floors

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Oct 28, 08 8:08 AM
Regarding the two urns out front with the faces. Did you notice the blooming rose bush next to the one on the left side. The face that kinda, sorta, maybe, could look like Rose. And, the bush is very healthy? Like it has been pruned and been feed. No bug damage either.

Edited on 10/28/2008 at 8:09:43 AM PST

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Oct 28, 08 8:13 AM
And for a more distinct identification....and still in the parlor of RTR:

The gold statue on the left side of the screen is Demeter, goddess of agriculture. In the mythical story, one of the most notable things that might pertain to our story is Demeter's loss of her daughter Persephone. While she mourned and searched for her daughter, the earth suffered while plants withered and died. (Apparently being upset kept her from doing her job properly!) Once her daughter was restored, life returned to the earth.

So....perhaps we are going to be asked to search for and restore something (or someone) who is "lost", in order to renew life in this desolate place.

Just a thought.

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Oct 28, 08 8:17 AM
soymocha wrote:Regarding the two urns out front with the faces. Did you notice the blooming rose bush next to the one on the left side. The face that kinda, sorta, maybe, could look like Rose. And, the bush is very healthy? Like it has been pruned and been feed. No bug damage either.

I had noticed that, soy...makes me think that maybe Rose is still about the place...or maybe someone who wants to keep the memory of Rose alive.

As I alluded to earlier, the fact that there are two urns and faces also suggests another possible set of "twins."

Lordy, we have enough material here to start our own soap opera!

Is this a great way to spend our waiting time, or what? We just need to have picman scatter a couple more clues around to keep our interest piqued.

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Oct 28, 08 8:18 AM
eleanor I love the new spins you put on RTR. Keeps us on our toes and gives us more to speculate about. Love it

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Oct 28, 08 8:19 AM
Pebblez wrote:
eleanor1183 wrote:

I agree it's a reflection of the fireplace tools, but as to why they are reflecting, I believe it is a pool of still water - note the difference in coloration of the wood in that area. That also makes for a lot of distortion in the reflections.

As for what the reflections look like...well, I think we can "see" a lot of things, because they're nice and vague. Sort of like Rorschach tests...

I thought it was water at first too, but the edges are straight lines

No, the straight lines are the floorboards. The water extends beyond them in an irregular pattern on the left side.

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Oct 28, 08 8:23 AM
[quote=eleanor1183
Is this a great way to spend our waiting time, or what? We just need to have picman scatter a couple more clues around to keep our interest piqued.

I agree, I think we need more clues to keep us going until the end of november. It seems so very, very far away.

The more I look at the two faces on the urns I think the one on the left looks like Rose and the one on the right looks like Emma.

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Oct 28, 08 9:54 AM
Hey
Okay I just had a thought. I've been saying that if BFG really wanted to make us really happy....they would bring it out now. For Oct. Fest and offer it only too members. Think how many NEW member they could get.
Okay so the US Thanksgiveing is at the end of Nov. (Way, Way too far away.)
Soooo the clues have said that Ravenhurst would be out before the hoildays. But BFG could still save face and bring it out before Halloween. Remember picman said something about guess what I am wearing for Halloween!!!! Halloween is a hoilday. Right??
Okay I know I have crossed over to crazy, but I had to share.
giggyann

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Oct 28, 08 9:56 AM
There's definitely something white in that reflection with the fireplace tools. Could be a secret passage?

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Oct 28, 08 11:11 AM
I think the face on the floor is the ghost/man that comes at the end of M.Fate. Think long nose.

Just a thought but isn't that the chair from M.Fate's ringmasters tent. The red one in the scene with the fishtank.

The light thingy on the fireplace reminded me of one of the mini games in M.Fate. Where you had to move the lights around. But if you look at it. It does look like the puzzle is missing something. There is two round spaces on the left and right middle.

Is that Emma's journal on the floor?

Every thing in the room is old and worn, but in good repair. But the ceiling has been ripped up ...with the crowbar... maybe??
giggyann

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Oct 28, 08 12:45 PM
Eleanor said =Does look like it. Of course, it also looks like a chair I have in our other house that the cats have had their way with for several years (e.g. the stuffing pulled out...)
yes eleanor the wonderful cats,just bought new furniture for my family room and a new cat tree, we shall see............................lol

I think if we look at the pictures too long we any see anything.Its going to be great just to see where we were right !

Edited on 10/28/2008 at 12:58:24 PM PST

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Oct 28, 08 1:15 PM
Has anyone mentioned the image in front of the rug?not the fireplace tool area. At first i thought it was a bloodstain. But it looks like an image of a man,Turn your head sideways.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Oct 28, 08 1:46 PM
looloo123 wrote:Has anyone mentioned the image in front of the rug?not the fireplace tool area. At first i thought it was a bloodstain. But it looks like an image of a man,Turn your head sideways.

Is that not just shadiw from the fireplace and clock? Or am I missing something?
I have just noticed the picture above the fireplace!

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Oct 28, 08 1:53 PM
mcisno1 wrote:

Actually, if you look closely.....there is a much darker shadow around it, shaped like an old-timey coffin and where the fire place's wooden flooring meets the real floor,

Now that I've got a screen that doesn't reflect everything (like the one at work), I can see this is just the shadow being thrown out by the fireplace.

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Oct 28, 08 4:20 PM
Purplerabbit wrote:
I have just noticed the picture above the fireplace!

Yes, it's the same one from the parlor in the original Ravenhearst (that's how we know it's the parlor...)

Go to: