VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Escape the Lost Kingdom

[Post New]by VTCT on Jun 25, 10 2:39 PM
The answer to the question is that you really don't listen to the customers? What the fact that outher sites get both the Premium Edition plus 3D glasses are we entitled to this to? What good is having a membership with you when have to ask over & over again about the same problems., Look at the question Is this story complete. The Answer is NO NO NO!!!! How bout stepping up and fixing the problem.

Akenta
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by Akenta on Jul 18, 10 10:19 AM
I also tried this in beta and thought it would be a good game to get when it came out, so I did. I really like how you get to play one character and then go back to play the others. Makes the game seem longer, but I have to agree with the other people this game did not last very long. When the game was over I still had one piece left in my inventory, but don't really have the desire to go back and figure out what it's for.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 25, 10 11:33 AM
Hey Akenta:

The thing about the leftover "Staff" - you aren't able to collect that piece until very near the game end. So the natural progression is (for me anyway) collect the Staff and the stone piece you need for the boat scene, use your inventory and tools to launch the boat. Right? That's what I did and BOOM boat launches, family floating in boat talking, GAME OVER! If I would have wanted to go back and see if that Staff went somewhere, I couldn't have because the game was over. Pretty strange way to end a game, in my opinion. There is talk in other threads that, in fact, part of this game is missing. I don't know ??? A bit baffled here

[Post New]by guzylak115 on Aug 2, 10 9:23 AM
Like so many other reviews I have read, I got hooked during the 60 minute trial and decided to purchase. I'm sorry to say that I was disappointed. I finished my first play through in two sessions, approximately 2 1/2 to 3 hours total, only to get to the end and say "What?????". The scenes are good, the dialogue and story are ok, the hidden object locations are a little too easy, but mostly the game is tooooooo
short. I played a second time looking for those things that are only available if you have the premium edition, so that was a waste of my time. On a scale of 1-5 I give it a 2. Sorry

Rose_Ann
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Rose_Ann on Aug 11, 10 12:25 PM
I really enjoyed the game. It didn't bother me that there were gaps in the story line - most games of this genre have far-fetched stories. The biggest negative for me is that the game was too short - it took about 2 1/2 hours to finish it.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Sep 22, 10 7:25 AM
I really liked this game. The graphics were very nice and clear on my pc. It's not too hard, I could figure most stuff out by myself which in some games is hard for me....that lack of patience... I didn't play the characters "in order" according to the walk through but it doesn't seem to make any difference for the game itself.
So this is a buy for me.

Edit:
So...as stated I bought it and went on my merry way only to find out...I overlooked a flail somewhere. And since you can't go back after all the inventories are combined I had to start over again. I also kept missing paper bits....So what I've learned: Make sure it says completed in every scene BeFORE you move on, otherwise you'll have to shlopp back and try to find things and I did a lot of shlopping lol
Altogether I liked the game, just found the ending a bit abrupt and lame. But like some one else earlier wrote maybe there will be one day a sequel. Otherwise that end would seriously stink.

Edited on 09/22/2010 at 2:58:24 PM PST

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Dec 13, 10 12:23 PM
This game was actually pretty cool with the 3D glasses...I had a pair laying around from one of my daughters movies..so I lucked out! I was very surprised how well they did with the graphics in 3D...very impressive...well worth the $$.. I strongly suggest to experiencing this game IF you have 3D glasses!!

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 8, 11 12:54 PM
Hi all, Came across this game from my collection and can't remember if I actually finished it. I did have a pair of 3D glasses to wear in some scenes but recall becoming rather frustrated at having to keep taking them off then putting them back on again. I started to replay the game but can't yet make up my mind if I want to keep it or delete it. The graphics are pretty good and the game play varied but don't know if it's for me. I will ponder a little longer. **** hum!
Love Pat_ric_ia x

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 27, 11 9:50 AM
About 10 min into the demo and those whiney kids just about put me over the edge. Turned off the dialog, but then found the game wasn't all that smooth. No buy for me even at $2.99.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Oct 27, 11 7:27 PM
Well, I really enjoyed this game. The fact that I've had a love of anything Egypt since I was a little girl had everything to do with this game. To me it was like a walk in the past..like I was there with the family, exploring and solving puzzles to make passages open. Wonderous is all I can say, so I give this a 5 .

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Oct 28, 11 9:45 AM
Surprise to me, I had no idea this game could be played in 3D. Unfortunately I don't have the 3D glasses but could tell how much better the graphics would be. I actually liked the game. One downfall is the shortness of the game. Oh well I still enjoyed it.

3.5 (I would have given it 4 but like I mentioned a bit short on the game play).

Does anyone out there know if there is a part II? It sure did leave room for one.

Edited on 10/28/2011 at 9:48:23 AM PST

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Nov 29, 11 11:10 AM
Have been on the prowl for new and unique games and this one surely fits the bill. Thank you BF for the updated version because I passed on it from another website and had to give up in frustration because I couldn't get around from scene to scene and had no idea how to play it. This updated version is terrific. A very imaginative, challenging game that had me hooked from the very start. Just finished it yesterday without the 3D glasses and now I can't wait to buy a pair and play it in 3D mode. A great game that was a little short compared to some HOG/adventure games today but it was well worth a credit. I hope the developers come back with a sequel. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us next!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 3, 12 4:30 PM
I bought this game on a sale, It was worth it, the game has very nice looking graphics and is a good game to play, I like that you have to move on and around to be able to progress finding objects to finish scenes.

timbermoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by timbermoon on Jan 19, 13 8:02 AM

I really didn't enjoy this one. More than anything, I found it to be annoying, both in interface and in content. This is a small thing, but it bothered me: first the cat was a female, and then it was a male. I find it distracting when the details are not consistent. Also, when you click on something which triggers speech from one of the characters, if you click it again, the character repeats that speech, whether it was completed the first time or not. So, if you accidentally click on something more than once, the character's words will be repeated and overlaid, so you will hear it multiple times, but out of sync.

These aren't huge issues, but they were irritating enough to prevent my buying the game.

[Post New]by LadyJewell on Jan 22, 13 12:39 PM
I liked the game a lot, with a few caveats (minor spoiler):

It was a bit short. If they'd dealt with the forgotten pharaoh aspects, it probably would have made for a long enough game. That said what there was of it was well written, well designed, and entertaining. Most of the puzzles were very appropriate for the theme with only a few out of place &/or time items overall.

I felt like there should have been something that explained how Emily 'saw' the forgotten pharaoh and where, as well as a scene actually 'showing' the pharaoh getting free or the family freeing him. My guess is that it was supposed to be a teaser for the next installment, but it didn't really grab as a teaser finale should.

Some of the text didn't fit/flow well, and there were a couple of typos. That said, there were fewer of them in this game than in 90% of the games I've seen recently, so BRAVO on that score.

Good voice actors and animated scenes--they worked really well, not too long, enough content to be worth watching, etc. The mom's power was fairly useless, but the others worked well.

Go to: