SMNZ
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Roads of Rome: New Generation 2 here.

[Post New]by SMNZ on Nov 18, 17 3:33 PM
Crashes near the end of Level 13 ... very frustrating as I cant move onto other levels ... you need to get this fixed .... it is obviously a program error ... need a fix!

DBlueChri
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by DBlueChri on Nov 19, 17 5:28 AM
I had the same problem at Level 17. I don't know if it has to do with it, but after I uninstalled Facebook Gameroom, I was able do finish it.

Edited on 11/19/2017 at 5:29:06 AM PST

[Post New]by basilea71 on Nov 19, 17 5:40 AM
Hello

Is there a possibility to return the game an get the money or the game credit back, i can't play the game without crashing.

Thanks Dominique

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 19, 17 9:11 AM
Hello Everyone,

We apologize for any inconvenience some of our players have experienced with crashing in this game. If the previously mentioned troubleshooting tips have not resolved the issue, please contact our Technical Support Team for additional assistance, including a replacement game if that would be helpful in any way. Please know that we've passed along the reports from this thread and will gladly provide more information about what's happening if or when those details become available.

If there are questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators at any time. We're always happy to assist in the ways we can.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 11/26/2017 at 11:19:54 AM PST

tamk42
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by tamk42 on Nov 19, 17 1:57 PM
Grrr,,, mine played fine for the first 6 or so levels, then when I went back in to play today it loads and then kicks me out as soon as I click the level to play....wth

[Post New]by misslorry on Nov 21, 17 4:30 AM
Is there a fix going to be applied to this game anytime in the near future? I'm really frustrated. I've tried all the recommended steps, and from what I'm reading, it's not a computer issue. This game is horrendous! After many, many miserable tries, I finally managed to make it to level 14. Of course, at this point, the game is not cooperating at all! Won't even load. I've been a BF member for over 10 years, and have never encountered the issues I'm having now. Guess I should count myself lucky. I have enjoyed all the "Road to" games in the past, and was excited when the new one came out. Should have saved my credit for a game that actually worked like it was supposed to. So disappointed.

zephyr369
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by zephyr369 on Nov 22, 17 4:11 AM
Downloaded the demo and the upper and lower portions of the screen keep blinking. Looking at this thread, maybe I shouldn't buy the full version. Which is unfortunate because I have all the Roads to Rome games.

TxTJ
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

Level 35 & 36

[Post New]by TxTJ on Nov 22, 17 10:41 AM
Some of the obstacles aren't showing up on levels 35 & 36 (possibly 34). When I try to clear an obstacle or build, it will say the way is blocked, but there is nothing in the way that I can. So I run my mouse along the path and there will be hint (over an area that just looks like road) that shows what I need to clear the obstacle. I can clear it fine, it's just that it seems to be invisible.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 22, 17 2:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

We don't have any new information at this time about possible updates for Roads of Rome: New Generation 2, although we have passed along all of these reports so that the appropriate teams are aware of the issues our players have experienced. If new information becomes available, our Moderator team will relay that information to our players right away. We really appreciate your patience.

As for what you've noticed, TxTJ, it sounds like the display of those items isn't working as it should. This could be due to a couple of things that we can troubleshoot, so I'd recommend running the game as an Administrator and checking for video card driver updates just to see if those things help correct the problem.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team so we can collect information needed to report such issues. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator whenever you'd like. We'll be happy to provide whatever answers we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by heartcat99 on Nov 22, 17 3:01 PM
This game is addictive BUT this one is also EXTREMELY glitchy. I bought and have played all the way through, but many problems all along the way: game shutting down abruptly is one thing, but ALSO sometimes objects in the game go screwy: I've had art (purple flowers, rocks, etc.) disappear -- possibly merely sparkling lights instead of image -- but if I remember where they were I can still collect them. Other glitches cause failure: ROAD will stop building and there are no more arrows appearing to continue, level cannot be completed. Can usually restart (or reopen game in case of shut down), but sometimes other problems then appear, or shut down repeats. Take that as a sign that maybe I've been at the PC too long, need to take a break!
I have an older PC but am operating all the latest video card & system updates, OS etc. But these glitches make this game highly annoying and aggravating. (Don't have these problems with previous versions... only other game I can think of with similar issues is Gardens Inc. series, but that happens FAR less frequently.)

bfglgp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bfglgp on Nov 25, 17 6:32 PM
Windows 8.1.

I can't demolish a building to rebuild it. This becomes critical on Level 22. I hover over the building, get lots of good information, I try right-click, left-click, hover, everything, but I still can't demolish the building.

Refrenz
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Refrenz on Nov 26, 17 3:30 PM
I have lost count of the number of times this game has crashed. So far it has crashed [1] Once loading the game [2] Once loading a level [3] A few times during a level [4] A few more times at the end of a level.

Out of the hundreds of games I've bought on Big Fish over the past several years (including all previous Roads of Rome games), this game is the most unstable and bug-ridden I have experienced by quite a margin.

On the plus side, when it works, the game is (as always with the Roads of Rome series), excellent.

Edited on 11/26/2017 at 3:31:58 PM PST

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Nov 27, 17 1:33 PM
bfglgp wrote:Windows 8.1.

I can't demolish a building to rebuild it. This becomes critical on Level 22. I hover over the building, get lots of good information, I try right-click, left-click, hover, everything, but I still can't demolish the building.

Hello
Demolishing is done using a button, you can see it at the top of the screen to the right - it has an image of an exploding house on it.
Click the button, you see your cursor changes. Then click the building you wish to demolish. Now wait for one of your workers to run up with a bomb to demolish it.

[Post New]by GamerGirl_31 on Nov 29, 17 1:27 AM
I too have experienced the game crashing. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and managed to make it to level 27 before the game decided to crash. I can't even start the level. I'm running Windows 10 with all updates. Very frustrating as I like this game. I hope there's a fix soon.

[Post New]by misslorry on Nov 29, 17 6:07 AM
Are they ever going to issue a fix for this game? I'm really tired of fighting with it! Running Windows 10. I've taken every step that was suggested, and still can't play.

[Post New]by nanawarren13 on Dec 1, 17 2:33 PM
DeepPool wrote:I've made it to level 22 using Windows 10 with quite frequent crashes (I have persisted), but now I can't seem to continue at all. I have tried all the fixes posted by the technical team and none seem to make a difference.

I am stuck on level 22 I can't get to the guy in the middle of the island

[Post New]by francesmount on Dec 2, 17 6:44 PM
I am having problems with being kicked off this game the system i am Windows 7 Home premium 32-bit. Do i need to upgrade to Windows 10 as i paid for this game only not to be able to play it. not good enough.

[Post New]by lemurg on Dec 3, 17 9:05 AM
I am having the exact same issue that others are having. I have Windows 10 also. All my divers are up to date. I cannot get the game to even load in compatibility mode. Everything in my system is up to date. I cannot get past level 17--just crashes after a few minutes.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 3, 17 9:46 AM
Hello Everyone,

We deeply apologize for any troubles experienced while playing the game in regards to crashing or trouble progressing. As of this time, we have no new information about when or if an update may be available for the game, but please know that we have passed along all the reports from this thread. Should new details become available, our Forum Moderators will post an announcement right away to let our players know. Thank you for your continued patience.

For now, the best course to take if the aforementioned troubleshooting steps haven't resolved the issues is to send a message to our Technical Support Team, as they can provide a replacement game. Please feel free to PM me or another Moderator if there are additional questions about this. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

NokomisVT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by NokomisVT on Dec 12, 17 4:55 PM
Still no update?

Go to: