Re:Your Comments and Review for Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box

[Post New]by Imsljb on May 23, 10 4:14 PM
Loved the game extras not much. Could part 2 come sooner??? want to play it now. had a great day playing it Thanks soooooooooo much. You all rock great Job.

[Post New]by vickie2281950 on May 23, 10 7:10 PM
5 STARS. This is the second best game I've played so far this year. The first was Curse of the Opera. I absolutely loved it. I can't wait for Part 2. Thank you BFG, now hurry up and get that sequel!

[Post New]by jordan102803 on May 23, 10 7:43 PM
5 stars!!!!!!!!!!! omg when is number 2 i hate when it ends like this!!!!! I do wish they would come out with a game that is really long like this and lasts a few days...... but it has an ending not a part 2 part 3 and so on. but i love this game!

[Post New]by PassionFruitErik on May 23, 10 7:55 PM
We're hoping to get part 2 out around January 2011. Waiting isn't fun, but we have to make sure we not only get it right, but we address some of the issues we've seen. We also have to maintain the bar, if not raise it. All of your feedback is very helpful!

So great to see so many responses Thanks fishies!

-Erik, PassionFruit Games

anonymiss
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by anonymiss on May 24, 10 5:55 PM
Finally found a spare half an hour to demo this game. I really wasn't expecting all that much but I'm actually enjoying it, particularly the graphics which remind me of another game on BF that I didn't think I'd enjoy and did (Find Your Own Way Home). Not a difficult game by any stretch of the imagination, but it flows nicely, there's no junk piles, the music is not irritating and it's the perfect way (for me) to wind down after a long day at work. Well worth the $6.99 price. I'm a happy camper!

[Post New]by jennydawn7405 on May 25, 10 8:24 AM
I really enjoyed playing this game, and I loved the story! Where is part 2??? Im ready to play again.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on May 25, 10 10:07 AM
A very good game. Liked many of the mini-games and the story was engaging. Very glad I bought this one.

[Post New]by duster12rusty on May 25, 10 3:54 PM
What a wonderful game - just what I'm looking for after a hard days work.
OK - the romance is a bit cheesy - but, hey fishes, what a hunk !! LOL
Can I have Hari's address, please ?
Mini games just a little bit different from normal (which is good) Hidden objects relevant to the story line.
What a long wait until Jan 2011 but, if the sequel is as good, it's going to be worth waiting for.
Congratulations to developers - I'm intrigued enough to buy the original story !!
Have a good day in the pond, fellow fishes
Can't help wondering what Poodlebear would have written about this game !

Edited on 05/26/2010 at 1:22:11 AM PST

rubyretro
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by rubyretro on May 25, 10 8:29 PM
I'M not a big fan of " romantic" games BUT I LOVED this one!Music was a nice addition and the game mix fun,LOve that Hari! Only thing.. we need part 2 asap.THANKS!
ps the HIDDEN OBJECT items take a while to appear.If you're fast like me, always play the mini games first.And really make an effort on the matching bonus games!

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on May 26, 10 9:38 AM
Alright, I can't resist my 2 cents, or maybe it's a quarter given I'm a blabbermouth:

This has some of the smallest items I've ever seen! I loved it! While small, and possibly different colors, the items of each type were the same size, so it wasn't too awful. Like when she's trying to get a hold of the law firm, when the box goes BOOM, remember then? Yeah, once you found one, you knew what size everything else was going to be. And everybody who was complaining about puzzle objects .... just scroll across the screen slowly. Your cursor becomes a hand. Hand = oh hey, this is important! And yes, it would be nice if the requirements to unlock the extras had been printed somewhere, like oh say next to the extras feature, but it was a fun little trial.

Is this an adult game? No, but if you have no sense of humor, then yes. And I must have a filthy mind cause the airplane scene had me roaring in my seat. I will not deny that I did a spit-take of Coke at the monitor. It still hasn't forgiven me.

Am I going to wait and buy part 2? You bet your sweet bippy. Am I going to go out and try to find the book? Oh heck yes. A good story is a good story and deserves support in all its forms.

If you are the type of person who wants a very easy game, go somewhere else. This one is maddening, enjoyable, sappy, sweet, and completely involving. This was one of my "Just one more chapter" games.

sassybee
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by sassybee on May 26, 10 12:00 PM
I'm the odd man out along with a few other fishies. I found the game dull and uninspiring. Didn't even finish it at first, it was so boring. I love the Dirk and Steele books but not this game. It dragged along with hidden object scenes over and over. The items are hard to find and a lot were invisibly hidden in dark areas or just completely blended with background.

The story idea is great but dragged quite a bit. Hari is slow to tell Dela about what's going on or why the villian is after him again. Why does the villain want Dela dead? Who, what and why was never very clear nor the important role that Dela and the Dirk and Steele characters do in this world to neutralize the bad guys. In fact the player still doesn't have much info on anything at the very abrupt ending. Think I'm spoiled because a writer can put so much more in a book versus bring something to life in a game that is 3 hrs long and most of that time is taken up with the H. O's. The emotions in the game seem stilted and so do the voices that are trying to convey those feelings. I guess I just expected too much from the characters portrayed. Hari came across as helpless and insipid. Dela played the role of nurturing him like a baby. They had Hari thanking Dela over and over and... Oh well. There was no fire or passion for life in him.

The graphics are just okay but there's certainly better games with much better graphics. I did like the colorful scenery but wish they had included more of the Chinese culture that was the background of the story. That was pretty much skipped in this game. Even the old woman and Dela's Deli restaurant friend spoke perfect English like it was their native language. The one-time-seen old woman was another mystery that was never explained. Why did she help Dela and why did she have to hide later. Why, what , who?

The puzzles were okay but not that inventive. The music was not intrusive, rather subdued and calming. Hated the stupidly abrupt ending.

However I'm glad that so many of you enjoyed the game and are looking forward to the sequel. It is a bit different from what we are used to and that is good.

Edited on 05/26/2010 at 12:04:37 PM PST

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on May 26, 10 1:03 PM
Not even interested in getting to whatever prompted "romantic scenes" warning pffft. I found this game to be excessively annoying & the fact that I got thru 4 levels in just 17 min didn't matter. I wanted to be done & quit. Another I have dreams that come true AND super psychic powers storyline.....yawn. I talk to metal? I want what they were smoking to come up w/ that as a talent. I've seen better artwork in comic books. The HOs scenes were barely that; don't consider it a HOG to find 10 of this or 15 of that, & everything was incredibly tiny, practically had my nose up against the screen. Despite that, stuff was pretty EZ to find since it all looked the same; a puzzle piece is a puzzle piece, etc. I HATED the constant repetition of prompts that occurred in every scene. Don't devs understand that ppl tend to sweep their mouse around in a HOG that they would insert such an irksome distraction jumping out at you? The ? for yet more tedious dialogue was lame & the puzzle sparkles were also distracting; either let me find 10 weapons 1st & then tell me where the puzzles are, or vice-versa. I'm susrprised so many ppl loved this w/ all the hand-holding it did. Having to complete more puzzles than the marginal HOs scenes was a huge turn-off for me. O joy the 1st one I hit was a Simon wannabee. I did skip one puzzle b/c I was irritated that it expected you to put 5 teeny puzzles together. That ate 3 hints b/c of the skip locks. Jeez, just let me skip if I want, who knows if I might need those hints later. Once I skipped, I hadn't! It wanted me to repeat the same kind of puzzle from the previous level, putting pix in correct order.....yawn. And no choice about if you got to skip that part b/c there weren't enough hints left to do so. I'm assuming the devs felt they were being innovative & not annoying, & that ppl agreed w/ them. I had no desire to finish the demo.

janinpa
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by janinpa on May 26, 10 7:01 PM
A great game which held my interest and I loved, loved it!!! As I was reading the comments on this page, I had to laugh as I was thinking the same thing. HARI is a hunk!!! LOL!!

The story line was very intriguing and at the end I was reminded of the movie where Crocodile Dundee comes to NYC. I will buy Part II as soon as I see it. I didn't think the HOs were hard to find and at times, I have had difficulty in a few games.

!!!!

JAN

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on May 26, 10 10:00 PM
I don't know know why, but I read that the objects were very small and didn't even bother to demo this game until today when I was bored. And, yes, some of the objects are small and blend in with the background, but I LOVE THIS GAME!

Miridau
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Miridau on May 26, 10 11:29 PM
I played the demo a few days ago and decided it was a buy with my next credit or free punch card game. Last night I found I couldn´t wait the extra few days and bought it. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I have to replay it to get the 50 points to unlock the extras. Now I also have to find another game for the freebies in a few days!

windchild
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by windchild on May 27, 10 7:38 AM
Boy, it looked like everybody liked this game except me! I thought it was all mini-games and puzzles and not much hidden object. And I disagree with the person who said you can skip the games, unless I just don't know how to do it?! There is no way to skip most of them that I could see. I did like the music, the character and the storyline. So I might change my mind if someone can tell me how to skip the mini-games and puzzles.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 27, 10 10:03 AM
windchild wrote:And I disagree with the person who said you can skip the games, unless I just don't know how to do it?! There is no way to skip most of them that I could see.

if you look at the top bar when you are in a mini-game screen, there is an option to get a hint and if you still can't figure it out, there is the option to skip - you just pay with your "hint" well...

i have to admit that i found that aspect of the game extremely helpful... you have a well that can give you give you up to five hints to start... no recharge in between just the slow refilling of all based on your gameplay... there are also ways to increase the numbers of hints you can have on hand, so that you can have the option of using ten hints in a row if you really wanted to... not that i think anyone would need to as the game itself is very simple - meaning straightforward and cleancut... the mini-games held no challenge, but were interesting and very much a part of the game itself rather than just something thrown in to make the game longer or frustrate players into quitting... the objects, likewise - finding things that pertained to the moment of the story instead of trying to reason why a rubber duck and a cheeseburger might be hanging out together in a street market filled with chinese "antiquities"... the sparkles weren't overly annoying, but i'm guessing would be helpful to first time players in this genre [the adventure part, that is].. and the purple question marks for her "psychic" reads were unique...

my biggest problem with this game was the single object animation in the still scenes... there was so much flickering around a swaying lantern or flying banner that it detracted from the actual scene, providing more of a distraction than adding to the "reality" of the game... the artwork itself felt choppy, but very much in line with the graphic novels' standards that the cut scenes leaned towards...

i do have to give kudos to the voice acting and music, though, very much on target and never irritating... i found myself looking forward to the bits of dialogue rather than dreading them as in some games...

in all, i think that if it "looked" better and was more of a challenge, i would probably buy it during this weekend's sale, but i need a game that hits all my hot spots and this one doesn't...

happy curses and riddles

[Post New]by kawaiialicia84 on May 27, 10 11:52 AM
i love this game the mini-puzzles were hard but it was worth it and i love the storyline i heard this was bask on a book im goin to find the book, cant wait for part 2 its worth the 6.99

Rkatidid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Rkatidid on May 27, 10 11:02 PM
I've got a love/dislike thing going with this one. I love some aspects, but the 'romantic' stuff is horrid and women are always depicted as 3 people, where men never have huge bulging crotches. Personally, I am tired of seeing women depicted as body parts. I love the psychic stuff, and China. The games are unusual, but I turned it off when the man said he was supposed to pleasure my body, or something like that...crud.

lushknight
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by lushknight on May 28, 10 2:38 PM
I read the book, well the series actually and enjoyed it very much, not sure how well it's going to translate to a game but I think I'll demo it soon. Used all my time looking for games & reading reviews

Go to: