Yanie1020
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Yanie1020 on Aug 10, 12 9:26 AM
Correction to my comments above. There are a few mini puzzles (VERY few) and they aren't much fun.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Sprattie on Apr 8, 13 6:27 PM
I purchased this game on half-price sale and completed it purely out of spite at myself for having spent the money. I had enjoyed the Faces of Vengeance game that so few people seemed to have liked, and thought I'd give the Lighthouse Mystery a try.

Sigh. It was old, old, old, and as soon as I started it I remembered demoing it a few years ago and hating it then. My opinion hasn't changed any.

Good points:
-- hint button recharges quickly
-- crisp and clear graphics
-- OK music during the last half of game
-- puzzles fairly easy to understand; a few new ones I hadn't seen before

Bad points:
-- cursor penalty
-- horrible, repetitive music in the beginning chapters
-- non-locking inventory
-- very, very slow loading - it even had to load to exit
-- dark HOs
-- simplistic story with good guys and bad guys - same old plot
-- constant tech problems especially toward the end of the game - it quit completely and shut down 6 times without saving during the 40-minute bonus game
-- skip button didn't work for a few of the puzzles
-- bonus game was brief and had no meaningful ending
-- game was Mac-friendly only up to a point, so most of the puzzles required some draggy mousepad work that left me with blisters on my index fingers

Not worth the half price in any way.

Aquarist
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Aquarist on Aug 7, 13 2:19 AM
I was really enjoying this game, playing it most evenings on holiday. Then suddenly it would not boot up. I had got to where the heroine is in the basement beneath the burning building, so quite a long way into the story. Now, when I click the Play button, I am dumped back to my iPad's desktop! I really do not want to delete and reinstall after so much gameplay. Is there a cheat to get me past this blockage?

Go to: