loveelvis
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for The Heritage

[Post New]by loveelvis on Jun 13, 10 12:39 PM
hi!
well, no way! I will never buy this game!
didn't finish the demo, I was borrying.
I bored!
Music is sout.
Clues, oh my god, will you findi this lemon slice or a candle piece?
I love HOG but I would like to get more intelligent games than this one.
I think I can beat more difficult games than this one!

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Jun 15, 10 10:31 AM
Although I did enjoy this game, it had one major flaw - a pretty major one in my opinion...the graphics were quite poor, as was the artwork for the story elements. I really do enjoy the artwork and graphics in these types of games, so it is disapointing to me when they are not well done.

The game was fairly easy, but really did have a nice flow, and a somewhat intriguing storyline. Due to the grainy artwork, however, the spooky element they were trying to achieve was greatly diminished.

This is a game that would have been pretty good, though somewhat short, if it had more visual appeal.

Varley
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Varley on Jun 18, 10 5:56 AM
by BrutoMemo Entertainment and Seven Sails

This game is a fragmented hidden object game (FROG). The player is presented with a game play location that includes area sparkles, single sparkles, and silhouettes. The fragments to find are at the bottom, per scene, 5 objects each with 4 pieces. Below that are the inventory objects created once all the pieces are found. Also on the play area are menu, hint and a heart icon. The menu includes resume, options and exit with an automatic save. The icon is used to repeat storyline text. Hint refresh rate is one minute and is only indicated visually.

My computer had a hard time displaying the cutscenes and storyline text but that was after having played several demos in a row. The initial cutscene's music was too loud and the monologue was too soft to hear clearly. Options on the main menu allow adjustment to sound, music, full screen and the custom cursor, but that was too late. There was no voice other than the cutscene during the hour.

The scenes are mostly bright and most objects are easy to find by simply clicking on items that look odd in the scene. Some items are small. Some scenes are paired with another scene. After finishing the initial scene, a set of instructions are given, which seems a little on the late side. However, even one who has never played this kind of game before will find it relatively easy to figure out how to play.
Once all the fragments are found, the inventory item is placed on the corresponding silhouette to usually reveal another fragment. Random clicking is not penalized. Inventory items in the drawer are placed on silhouettes, they are small, and they may be difficult to see when white.

There are puzzles involved that required a little thinking once all the fragments are found in a scene. These can not be skipped, have no hints, but they all follow the same formula. Once a scene or pair is completed, there are mini games which are also fairly easy. These can be skipped after one minute.

The game is directed with only one or two scenes available at a time. Cursor waving is required. There are few distractions within the scenes. The storyline is advanced through text.

This game may appeal to a beginner or casual player, however, some visual acuity is required. The walkthrough is available at http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/the-heritage-walkthrough/

waguhs123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by waguhs123 on Jun 18, 10 1:17 PM
This game was a little boring to me. I mean it was okay and all,but it was just the same stuff over and over again. And the puzzles were to easy. I liked Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose better.

legalhelper
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,257 Posts

[Post New]by legalhelper on Jun 28, 10 10:11 AM
Just finished the trial and was not impressed. Unfortunately, this one doesn't keep your attention. No buy for me.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 1, 10 6:41 AM
End of the month coming, had one more game to fill my card, so after 10 minutes of the demo I bought this one. Quite stupid of me, thought 20 chapters (checked the walkthrough) would keep me nicely occupied. I was wrong, each chapter is really short and it gets boring and boring. I'm not even sure I understood the story, poisonned his wife ? murdered the baby ? married other wives to kill them ? No need for a walkthrough (when there's none for Siberya or Echo where it's greatly needed), everything is just plain and objects are way too easy to find. Just plain boring, don't waste your money. (graphics are OK though).

kickenbass
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by kickenbass on Jul 2, 10 12:55 PM
I commited a big fishy NO-NO, I bought the game without reading reviews- I got interested in the story, and then it was a quick ending without reason.
It is a boring game, but if you like FROG games, you'll love this.

HAPPY 4th,

Ms. Quinn

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Jul 9, 10 10:25 PM
Yep, well, just finished off this game. Previous reviews have pretty much told you how the game plays and their likes and dislikes. So, I'll just ramble a bit:

Remember when IHOG's first came out? They kept getting better and better all the time, and some IHOG's had a touch of adventure to them, too.

Okay, now we got the FROG's. I think it was a bad idea in the first place, and really, there is no where the developers of FROG's can take this any further!! It really does get boring after a while. This was an okay game, a good mixture of FROG's and mini-games, with the FROG's being played a little bit differently with you just finding the pieces of what you alredy know you are going to put them. Not like the old "Circle Pop Up" type of FROG. But no matter what they do, FROG's become boring and tedious after an hour or so.

So there, I said my piece. It was an okay game, short and sloppy ending. Didn't really get the story quite right, I don't believe. Doubt I'll play it again!

Have a great weekend
cg

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 11, 10 3:48 PM
I just finished playing the demo. Seriously love/hate this one.

Love the gameplay environment and the storyline.

Hate the FROG gameplay and inadequate hint system. The sparkles show you where you need to place items once they are assembled - but are so distracting while you are looking for the fragments I could scream. And if you get stuck, the hint will tell you (so helpfully ) that you've collected all the fragments but there's still "something" to do in this room - grrrrrrr...

If it becomes a DD... lord help me...

Edited on 07/11/2010 at 3:48:52 PM PST

[Post New]by theabee on Jul 13, 10 4:57 PM
Disappointing. I got messages telling me "bo more fragments' but I could see them at the bottom of the screen. Did I miss something?
Bought it but will uninstall. Thumbs down, I'm sorry to say.

sprigmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by sprigmom on Oct 5, 10 11:35 PM
This one wasn't so hot; I'm sorry I wasted my monthly game bonus on it. I usually like FROGs but this was really easy to find pieces and I didn't really like the PSST, OVER HERE! effects that told where to place the completed object. I prefer a little more subtlety at first, then if I need help, I use a hint!

The biggest thing to me was that the story fragments in the locket were all over the place. The years the entries were written by the characters seemed to jump forward, then back again. I completely lost track of what was going on. I tried near the end to backtrack and read them from the beginning, but it took forever for each set to load, so I gave up. Was it just me, or did it seem like we were supposed to unravel the time line when the game was through and didn't get the option???!

Only reason I bought it was that I didn't remember it being so easy in the trial...it'd been quite a while since I had first played it. Now I'm wishing I'd gotten the Fallen trilogy pt 2 or something instead. Sigh.

Edited on 10/05/2010 at 11:37:30 PM PST

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Oct 6, 10 11:12 AM

I had a free game from Acer, and since there isn't anything new that appeals to me, I bought this game. This is the most bizzare game I've ever played...it's really easy, but it's strangeness is keeping me intrigued enough to keep playing. Dude, WHAT is on the bed in the lady's bedroom scene?? is that a wooden what-I-THINK-it-is??? lol

I turned the sound off, so I think I may be missing some dialoge in the cutaway scenes.

Completely baffled but totally amused.

kaz24
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by kaz24 on Feb 26, 11 5:13 PM
I CANT GET PAST THE ROOM WHERE IVE TO FIND THE GRAMAPHONE NEEDLE ETC.IT SAYS IVE ONLY FOUND THREE PIECES OF THE ROUND THING FOR THE WALL AND THE THING FOR THE DRUM BUT IVE SEARCHED AND DONE THE WALKTHROUGH AND IVE DEFINATELY FOUND IT. I EVEN RESTARTED THE WHOLE GAME TO TRY AGAIN AND STILL CANT GET PAST IT. IVE FOUND THE GLASS OF WINE ETC BUT STILL TWO FRAGMENTS OF ROUND THINGS TO GET AND I CANT.SOMEONE HELP ME PEASE.IVE BOUGHT THE GAME AND DONT WANT TO QUIT IT.

kaz24
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by kaz24 on Feb 26, 11 5:16 PM
Disappointing. I got messages telling me "no more fragments' but I could see them at the bottom of the screen. Did I miss something?
Bought it and dont want to uninstall.

kaz24
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by kaz24 on Feb 26, 11 5:16 PM
Disappointing. I got messages telling me "no more fragments' but I could see them at the bottom of the screen. Did I miss something?
Bought it and dont want to uninstall.

kaz24
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by kaz24 on Feb 26, 11 5:23 PM
CHAPTER 6 IS WHERE THE PROBLEM IS.CAN SOMEONE HELP?

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Feb 26, 11 8:05 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

Kaz, you have to put the artifact, which is a little roundish thing on the vase, then it will give you the last piece of the needle. I didn't even know I had it. It sits on the left side on the bottom where the things you have collected are. Hope this helps.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Feb 26, 11 8:11 PM
I'm puzzled. the game doesn't sound at all like what the description says. I didn't get anything about a woman returning to her grandfathers house. My game started with a woman saying how she was looking forward to being married. Am I alone in this?

warmbear
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by warmbear on Feb 27, 11 9:52 AM
This was a cute little game, which was pretty easily completed in about 2.5 hours.

HOWEVER -

The broken audio controls need to be fixed, just read all the complaints about them in the forum.

There should have been subtitles available as well as the voice-overs (which you really cannot hear very well, because you cannot adjust/balance the AUDIO CONTROLS - see above)

The complete non-ending was totally inexcusable. It screams "I am tired of working on this game, so I will just stop now and release this incomplete game, no one will notice."

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Mar 17, 11 7:39 AM
Great game except I didn't understand the ending. It's like it just drops you off and says toodaloo. It's like the writers got tired of the game and ended it abruptly..

Go to: