waguhs123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post any Hotel technical issues here only

[Post New]by waguhs123 on Jun 1, 10 12:22 PM
I sent an email to customer service over the problem most of us were having, about clicking on new game and then the game just crashing, and I asked them if there were any more suggestions on getting it to work, and she ran this Dr. Felix thing on my computer, and when I sent the results of it back to her, she told me that my Video Card didn't have enough memory on it, and that I had the latest version of the video card that there was so there pretty much wasn't anything that I could do ....So some of you guys might have the same problem, or you might be able to get some results with the Dr. Felix thing too.

[Post New]by VeneciaFantasia on Jun 2, 10 9:47 AM
for me the game ran smootly up to the labyrinth, then it just stopped, she goes in and i have full image, the dark smoke, the ring on the right, the girl on the left, on the lower side the directions chooser, but alas the only thing that works is to move her left out of the maze, up, down or to the right she does nothing, am i doing something wrong ?

mzlamb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mzlamb on Jun 2, 10 6:20 PM
I have made it as far as the labyrinth and am unable to enter.The walk through says that there should be a sword stuck in the floor near Mark Anthony but I do have one there.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Jun 3, 10 1:06 AM
mzlamb wrote:I have made it as far as the labyrinth and am unable to enter.The walk through says that there should be a sword stuck in the floor near Mark Anthony but I do have one there.

the sword is near King Arthur ,not Mark Anthony.

[Post New]by richie7119 on Jun 3, 10 8:28 AM
richie7119 wrote:reloaded game 3 times and still get teck issues wont even load up

[Post New]by richie7119 on Jun 3, 10 8:36 AM
richie7119 wrote:
richie7119 wrote:reloaded game 3 times and still get teck issues wont even load up

said invalid literal for () with base 10: what dose that meen can some one help? or did i just waste $7.00 ?

mzlamb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mzlamb on Jun 4, 10 10:48 AM
ivanbral wrote:
mzlamb wrote:I have made it as far as the labyrinth and am unable to enter.The walk through says that there should be a sword stuck in the floor near Mark Anthony but I do have one there.

the sword is near King Arthur ,not Mark Anthony.

Oh for goodness sakes thank you so much duh

born2camp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by born2camp on Jun 5, 10 12:29 PM
PS: I downloaded the trial game to see if I would continue playing, but the gliches started immediately, the loading screen is not working, distorted screen, and as soon as you enter the castle and go to the fountain the game crashes, then it takes you back to game manager and you have to start all over again. WHAT?

[Post New]by Theodora53 on Jun 8, 10 10:43 AM
I purchased this game June 7th and I was enjoying it when BAM! it went black I hit esc. and went out then I tried going back on it did the same thing at the place where the detective meets her at the office and tells her to come with him to the Ball room so he can meet with everyone and reveal who the thief is. I read your post about making sure you have the upgraded version of Direct X so I did that tried again and it did the same what do I do I like the game but this is getting frustrating it will not let me progress.

suehorse
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by suehorse on Jun 9, 10 3:13 PM
After I talk with Mr. Greenleaf he leaves the room and I can't do anything. My things on the bottom of my screen are gone to so I can't click hint or anything. Help.

jbrecken
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jbrecken on Jun 9, 10 6:26 PM
I'm having some weird issues with rendering textures. At one point the character was walking around with one shoe and one arm covered in armor. It was after she'd had the dream about the armored ghost, so I thought it was part of the story, but I couldn't get her to notice it, and when I exited the game and came back later she was back to normal.

Now I'm at the point where I have to put the marbles on the plate and they're being drawn with brown stripes instead of colors, so I'm having difficulty telling them apart.

[Post New]by preciado5 on Jun 12, 10 11:04 PM
First of all, I have enjoyed the game and loved the story line. But I have encountered a few issues. Most of them I figured out but this one......I'm stuck. I am on the last part of the game and I can't end it!!!! I went and looked on the "walkthrough" and followed what it said.........HELP!!!

I am at the end, where she goes thru the bookcase and sees the mummy laying down and Mr. Greenleaf, I go back out to the boiler room and then turn the gauges. As soon as I turn the middle set of lights, the top ones go off. I have tried all different ways............I cannot do the boiler. I have read walkthroughs on different sites and its all the same. I want to finish what I started!!!!!

Edited on 06/12/2010 at 11:06:15 PM PST

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Jun 13, 10 2:34 AM
preciado5 wrote:First of all, I have enjoyed the game and loved the story line. But I have encountered a few issues. Most of them I figured out but this one......I'm stuck. I am on the last part of the game and I can't end it!!!! I went and looked on the "walkthrough" and followed what it said.........HELP!!!

I am at the end, where she goes thru the bookcase and sees the mummy laying down and Mr. Greenleaf, I go back out to the boiler room and then turn the gauges. As soon as I turn the middle set of lights, the top ones go off. I have tried all different ways............I cannot do the boiler. I have read walkthroughs on different sites and its all the same. I want to finish what I started!!!!!

you need to turn on the boiler. all lights must go green. you just need to find the right combination.

[Post New]by allyn_1 on Jun 13, 10 7:19 AM
I put in the first eye, but the butler never comes to the front desk.

[Post New]by lexylo24 on Jun 21, 10 4:49 AM
The game keeps freezing at the fountain in the first few minutes of the game! very annoying i've tried reinstalling the game twise now and it still freezes at the same place and an error message pops up.
" Error: Access location at 0x680E1F43 (tried to read from 0x000000L8), Program terminated.

Help please!!!

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Jun 26, 10 4:26 AM
The old version worked fine for me. I updated and now she won't use her cell phone, no matter how or where I click. Does she just not need it anymore? Usually in these games it is a source of help.

I wrote to CS but really want to play this weekend. Please help. Thank you!

58bemb
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by 58bemb on Jun 26, 10 8:51 AM
strilf wrote:The game will not start. I click on new game, and straight away it takes me back to the game manager with a minute of my demo time.
I noticed another fishie had the same problem as well.

Any suggestions?

/strilf, over and out.

weirdgrrl
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by weirdgrrl on Jul 10, 10 6:30 PM
I am having the same problem as so many others... click "New Game", briefly see the "loading location please wait" screen then get kicked out to the game manager showing me that I now have 59 minutes of play left.

My computer meets all of the system requirements and I'm obviously not the only one experiencing this problem, so why hasn't Big Fish addressed the fact that a new version needs to address more than the game freeze in the Templar Cemetery. If I appeared to be in the minority, I would happily send in the Dr. Felix report to customer service, but surely they have more than enough reports to know how to deal with this problem by now. So why hasn't it been addressed yet?

melonrind
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by melonrind on Jul 12, 10 10:31 AM
I haven't seen anyone else with the problem I'm having. I've barely started the game, it's still day one, and I've done everything the walkthrough says I should have done. In order to progress, I need to speak with Matisse in the lobby and fix the fax machine. Well, I go to the lobby, go over by the fireplace and pick up the matches, but Matisse isn't there. Since he hasn't told me about the fax machine, I can't do anything to it, and I can't pick up the fax paper on the bridge. I've reloaded the game three times, and I'm just stuck.

[Post New]by Paleohippo on Jul 27, 10 3:38 PM
Having some problems with this game. Double clicking on the cell phone at the very start of the game causes the game to quit. However, if I single click I get the call. Now, however, I've tried every which way to Sunday to get Matisse to show up on the sofa next to the fireplace. I've been able to pick up everything and I've tried to start the game twice using the exact prescribed guide to Day 1 in the walkthrough, but still no Matisse. Looks like I can't get any further until I'm able to do something about Matisse and the fax. Any suggestions?

Go to: