gabrielsmom
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Re:Updated! New version of The Heritage available now!

[Post New]by gabrielsmom on May 26, 10 7:46 PM
I downloaded the "NEW VERSION" and its worse than the other two versions. Instead of taking me back to the begining after the chapter 1 locket it just totally freezed at the locket all together. What a joke.

RUN-DO NOT WALK-AWAY FROM THIS GAME! It seems that folks at BFG can't get this one right/

[Post New]by annacee on May 26, 10 8:58 PM
I would feel better if BFG would admit that the game is flawed, and it is not our computers at fault. I have never seen such a huge number of tech issues and the inability to fix it with SO MANY updates. It seems to me that ethically BFG should withdraw the game so it can be fixed comprehensively by the developers, and give buyers a credit for another game (that works).

I did not appreciate getting a canned response to my email, which included the files they requested - given the overwhelming number of complaints, we all should have got personal replies. It really is a matter of BFG taking corporate responsibility for a bad product.

[Post New]by Misskitty1989 on May 26, 10 9:47 PM
I bought this game since i had no problems with the trail. I thought everything was fix but now i am having the same problems as everyone else. I really don't know what is going on with BF. This is the first game that i am having a problem on. Its amazing how many problems this one game has. I really like this game and all but there are just too many bugs. Either they give refund the game that people buy or something. Too bad there is not like a return policy on a bad game.

[Post New]by school_teacher on May 26, 10 10:23 PM
I downloaded the latest update and still have the same problem with the game ending after going through the locked door in chapter 20. If this is the actual end of the game, then the game is a total waste of time. The story is not finished and nothing indicates that the game is actually complete, you just end up at the logo screen like you do when you first launch the game.

[Post New]by tarsh1970 on May 26, 10 10:40 PM
i updated the new version also and uninstalled and reinstalled only like everyone else my game freezes at the locket. hope you sort out this problem soon. would like to get passed the 1st chapter am looking forward to playing this game when it is fixed. thanks

[Post New]by WetFlyers on May 27, 10 9:05 AM
I am beyond annoyed - I have followed every "fix" listed and still cannot get past the first chapter. Please help us because your quality tested guarantee is seriously questionable on this game. How much longer do we have to wait?

taigood
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by taigood on May 27, 10 9:14 AM
I liked the game so I bought it and now I have the same problems as everyone else.

But I guess this game will probably have to be re-done from scratch... and this takes time.

Meanwhile, I'm quite pleased with the way Big Fish handled my complaint.

sunsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by sunsh on May 27, 10 10:03 AM
I haven't been successful at getting this game to work either ..even with all the suggestions that BF has given...It looks like they need to send it back to the drawing board and refund my credit....I sent them DrFelix and still no response...which is not like BF at all....I am still hoping again hope they can fix this game because it really does "look" like a good game...but this time looks were deceiving......PLEASE FIX THIS GAME SO IT CAN BE PLAYED.....I know it's not my computer because it's not even a year old....

sunsh

brutomemo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by brutomemo on May 27, 10 11:06 AM
This is a problem that seems to be happening on some specific machines and on Vista only. It would help very much if players who are finding locked at the locket could contact CS describing the problem and using the Dr. Felix tool.

For those who are having this problem: Do the smoke plays? Do the button flashes when you point the mouse over "menu" or "close" or "help", play the sound etc?

Thanks

[Post New]by MurphtheSquirt on May 27, 10 1:11 PM
I went ahead and just bought it. I skipped the demo completely. It worked fine for me.

Murph

[Post New]by chris122049 on May 27, 10 1:14 PM
I was wondering which machines are having trouble with it. I have a compaq Presario with Vista.............

brutomemo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by brutomemo on May 27, 10 1:31 PM
chris122049 wrote:I was wondering which machines are having trouble with it. I have a compaq Presario with Vista.............

Yes, it looks like it is Vista only.
If you don't mind saying, what is the chapter number it shows when you are stuck? It is showing the chapter you should be at? And the mouse over "menu" or "close" actually produce some sound or graphic effect (like flashing)?

terri88
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by terri88 on May 27, 10 1:35 PM
in response to brutomemo, the game sticks at the end of level one and it actually shows level 1 at the end , the only button that actually works now is the help button , you have to close it by using task manager

please get this sorted soon as i really want to play another chapter

lol

[Post New]by chris122049 on May 27, 10 1:37 PM
I haven't downloaded it yet because I knew Vista was having problems with it. I know that in the past when I try to uninstall a game and then install it again, the machine goes right back to the place in the game I uninstalled..........so somehow it isn't really taking the game fully off my machine so I can reinstall it completely new.

I've been wondering if that's the problem with getting the fixes to work. So my machine is still totally free of Heritage at this point. And so when I do download it maybe I won't have the problems the other users are having.

Does that make any sense? I think it's that Vista doesn't really fully remove the games when you uninstall?

brutomemo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by brutomemo on May 27, 10 3:39 PM
Apparently the game is having a problem saving on Vista on some machines. We're verifying this at the moment.. thank you for your patience and understanding.

[Post New]by chris122049 on May 27, 10 3:42 PM
No problem............just hope you can fix it!!!

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on May 27, 10 6:34 PM
Sorry, guys,

It isn't just Vista the game is causing problems with. I have Windows 7 on my 6 month old Acer, and when I got to to the locket,it just froze - no picture in it, and the only thing working was Help. I also had to use Task Manager to get out of the game.

I have deleted it, and unless the bugs are REALLY fixed, won't bother trying it again, which is a shame as it was looking quite interesting.

Jen.

[Post New]by fancyfce7789 on May 27, 10 6:41 PM
Same for me on Chapter 13. The hint tells me I've gotten all the pieces but there is something else to do. I've got the big yellow/golden arrow over the portrait above the fireplace and a lamp that's "needed" (even though I see one sitting there) but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. Clicking the arrow for the portrait does nothing.
Help!!

twin_mom
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by twin_mom on May 27, 10 7:00 PM
Same problem as everyone else. Game hangs at the locket for Chapter 1. I'm on Vista too.

brutomemo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by brutomemo on May 27, 10 7:07 PM
mamajay wrote:Sorry, guys,

It isn't just Vista the game is causing problems with. I have Windows 7 on my 6 month old Acer, and when I got to to the locket,it just froze - no picture in it, and the only thing working was Help. I also had to use Task Manager to get out of the game.

I have deleted it, and unless the bugs are REALLY fixed, won't bother trying it again, which is a shame as it was looking quite interesting.

Jen.

Yes, it may be possible that it can happen in Windows 7 machines. We remember seeing cursor Vista bug in another game that could be reproduced on Windows 7 and once it was fixed, it was fixed for Windows Vista and 7 at the same time.

Go to: