jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 22, 11 8:09 PM
stephensol1 wrote:I like the story alot, but I get the feeling the game is very short. I'll have to skip it.

actually, the game is very long...you missed a good one....

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Jul 23, 11 12:35 AM
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!

While the graphics looked clear enough to me, things were so tiny I could hardly see them even with the hint. Some larger ones I did find were very cleverly hidden. Might have bought it as the DD if I had better glasses. Seems like a pretty standard **** game though, and I have gotten spoiled with interactive ones. Because of things being so small, I didn't get that far in the demo, so all I feel qualified to say is if your eyesight isn't great, check it out first.

NavyMom90
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by NavyMom90 on Jul 23, 11 10:10 PM
I really enjoyed this game! It was fun and engaging. It had me hooked 10 minutes into the trial! The voices were more than a little irritating at some times but tolerable. Yet, I was surprised at the many typos. Ex. On the dead girl's phone log Washington, DC is spelled WaCHington, and during the dialogue the word defense was spelling incorrectly. I expected better from this developer. Sigh.

But this is a wonderful game and one that I know I will play many times over! Thanks BFG!

NEPAT
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by NEPAT on Jul 24, 11 4:01 AM
Glad the game was available on Daily Deal for $2.99
That made it an easy choice and an easy buy!

Mini games were quite challenging - I needed to skip a few.
Took me quite awhile to complete the game - I want to say 5-6 hours, so you do get your money's worth.

Interesting story line. Would have liked it better if the objects were more closely tied in with the plot....finding feathers and balls and cats was a little silly. Some of the "camouflaged" items were very tricky to find - good job hiding them! I used hints when I was close to the end of each chapter. They reloaded at a decent rate...gave me enough time to continue looking while they charged.

Nice game for this 52 year old grandma!

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Strixi on Jul 24, 11 1:57 PM
Loved the story, great graphics, good music. Although it comes from the developers of the Womens' Murder Club series, it feels a lot like the Letters from Nowhere series, especially the music and artwork.

The only thing that really got on my nerves is the voice acting for Turino and Captain Vance. It's like they deliberately tried to make both women seem thuggish and illiterate, while Lamonte was a complete wimp. The voice acting was much better for the supporting characters.

Many of the objects are indeed small, and I mean tiny. I have excellent vision with my contacts in and I found myself leaning forward and squinting. It definitely gave me eye fatigue, so I had to keep my playing to a couple of chapters at a time.

But I didn't want to. I wanted to see whodunit! Thoroughly enjoyed the ride and am now enjoying the unlimited mode, which is always a plus.

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Jul 26, 11 4:21 PM
Hello fishies !! I tried the demo of this game when it first came out,liked it a little, but not enough to purchase it.I purchased it as a DD.and decided to finish it. The only thing I did not like about the game was the hidden objects part of the game. So if you have played the entire game you know how many HOG scenes there were. I like hidden object scenes in a game but sheeeeeeeeesh!! Every time you finished one another one was thrown at you almost like rapid fire....I became so aggravated with the abundance of them I almost just stopped playing the game but I was enjoying every tiny part that followed the HOG'S. This game almost made me HATE HOG games !! Devs, pleeeeease, next time don't CHOKE us with so many per sec. Allow us to breath and enjoy the story line and the nice graphics that were dwarfed by all the hidden objects search .Other than that it was a very nice game. As a bonus at the end you were offered a little treat.....it was an offer I gladly REFUSED !!

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Aug 9, 11 3:47 PM
I got this game as a daily deal which was super awesome but I would totally gladly pay the $6.99 for this game. I can not believe how long and engrossing it is. It is definitely worth it. I'd recommend to anybody.

[Post New]by rebeccartist on Oct 21, 11 11:48 AM
The general positives: Long game, fairly engrossing, good **** scenes. These are not junk pile **** scenes, but messy room **** scenes, with some objects hidden very well. I enjoyed the little bits of criminology testing, though there isn't alot of that. Nice graphics. I'm looking forward to the unlocked "Find All" game now that I've finished the main storyline. Game is well worth the $ or credit.

The general negatives: Some objects are really tiny, so I couldn't play the game for long stretches (neck ache / eye strain). The story is just okay, in terms of a mystery. The detectives are often rather stupid, jumping to conclusions with little to back those conclusions up. But, the designer/writer (Steven Ince) had to keep the action moving all over the place in order to keep the game going - I get that. It's too bad he couldn't figure out a way to do it that made a little bit more sense.

Biggest negative: The voice acting is terrible. I agree with the reviewer who said the minor characters aren't bad - it's true. The others are terrible. Sometimes it was so bad it was funny, like emphasis placed on the wrong part of a sentence kind of funny. But the quality of the voice acting distracted from the enjoyment of the game and story. For me, anyway.

Biggest negative that made me angry: The women characters are, as a whole, one dimensional - almost all of them are b***chy. It's the typical Strong Woman = B***ch syndrome that so many male writers seem to have. It's like an affliction or something. Or, Mr. Ince has serious issues with women. But, really, the b***chiness over the top in this game, and given that the 2 main women characters (Torino and Vance) were the worst it was hard to escape or ignore.

Biggest hilarity: The "icons" of the characters don't fit the character's emotional story. Victim's best friend is happy-smiley in her icon, and crying in the dialogue. It's true for everyone's icon - all happy-smiley. Yet nobody's happy-smiley. Weird. It would have been less distracting if they had simply given the icons a neutral countenance, IMHO.

Vaguely humorous but might be more an indication of the terrible voice acting: The actors couldn't decide how to pronounce the victim's first name. It's "CarMOdy," no, it's "CARmody," no, it's "CarMOdy," etc. ::sigh::

Edited on 10/21/2011 at 11:54:22 AM PST

[Post New]by teenytinytina on Apr 14, 12 10:13 PM
I really love this style of game! The story-line draws you in and I didn't want to stop playing once I started! I've played the Law and Order: Criminal Intent and the James Patterson games as well and this is right up my alley! I will definitely be buying/playing all the games that are put out for this series

[Post New]by teenytinytina on Apr 14, 12 10:16 PM
jkuci wrote:
stephensol1 wrote:I like the story alot, but I get the feeling the game is very short. I'll have to skip it.

actually, the game is very long...you missed a good one....

I agree! It took me forever to finish this game, and I mean that in a good way, lol

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Apr 18, 12 9:12 AM
Overall I enjoyed this game and bought it before the demo was finished.

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Sorry...no buy for me

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on May 3, 12 10:35 PM
I played the demo and enjoyed the game very much, however, the game does not respond very well.

I click and click on an item that is supposed to be available and nothing happens.

When I got to the manhole cover during the demo and the can of silicone spray would not empty out, that was it for me.

Game is sluggish and not responsive in several areas.

Sad because I was enjoying the story and would have bought this had it run properly.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jul 1, 12 7:29 PM
Having purchased and completed this game, I can safely say that the story line is icky. No spoiler here, just a hint that the plot was disappointing and the murder outcome disgusting. It would have been even worse if the voice acting had been the least bit convincing, but it was fake and unconvincing and sounded like an old radio play. Words were mispronounced - even the name of a main character - and there were a number of annoying spelling errors.

The music was repetitive and annoying as well.

The HOG scenes were mildly amusing and some of the puzzles were a mild challenge. I couldn't complete some of the puzzles on my Mac -- right- and left-click doesn't happen on a laptop and there was no obvious option to do anything else -- but the skip option helped me escape.

Save your money on this one.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 7, 13 6:44 PM
Wow, lots of comments and reviews here! I really enjoyed this game...a great take on the ole detective series...all 12 chapters kept you thinking. Basically a standard HOS game but THE ITEMS WERE SO SMALL! Good grief, I mean if it said look for a paperclip...you needed to look for a paperclip...not something 2" tall but true to size. All items were like this...very small and this made the game long. Good thing the hint was a quick refresher. However, graphics were clear and crisp so after a few of the HOS, you got used to looking for smaller items and it does become a BIT easier to find things...but not much. Looking for a rectal syringe....LOL. Loved it.

A lot of different things to do, and a lot of dialog which you actually find yourself reading because the story is quite good and you need it to make the game fun.

Find it funny they seem to need to make the women detectives so "tough", but make sure they have large exposed bustlines...LOL. Guy was kind of cute though.

This game is definately worth playing, but because there were so many HOS and the items so small I had to play in a few sittings. I give this game a 4 out of 5. HOS fans will love it....but watch for the little things.

Edited on 05/07/2013 at 6:45:31 PM PST

Go to: