relzzup
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Post any Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by relzzup on Jun 15, 10 8:09 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:Once you get the wallpapers and music etc at the end of the bonus level, you have finished.
If you want the extra hour or so of gameplay, you have to start again. This isn't a bug. It's the way the game is written.

Re:Post any Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by cll675 on Jun 15, 10 9:55 AM
cannot get the extra content for extra play to work at the end of the game. paid the 20. it has let me play it once in about 6 or more plays , finishing the game. i go to the main menu , hit extra content and it goes to the music download. what is happening here?

[Post New]by cll675 on Jun 15, 10 10:17 AM
cannot get the extra content for extra play to work at the end of the game. paid the 20. it has let me play it once in about 6 or more plays , finishing the game. i go to the main menu , hit extra content and it goes to the music download. what is happening here?

[Post New]by cll675 on Jun 15, 10 10:18 AM
thanks . didn't know you had to change players each time for the extra game play. will try this next time.

sagefever
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by sagefever on Jun 16, 10 2:33 PM
sagefever wrote: I am having a problem with the strategy guide~ the screen goes slightly dark and nothing happens ,as others have reported.

Any fix for this?

Otherwise a great game!

Here it is June 16 th and still no fix for the SG...I've tried the suggestion to stop, restart my PC , my flash is working everywhere else ( checks out fine at their site also) and nothing for $20.00... this maybe my last CE purchase.

[Post New]by bluevervain on Jun 20, 10 4:51 PM
Got ALMOST to the end of the game without encountering any technical problems. Overall, I'd say it runs great, and the strategy guide is very helpful when you get stuck. (I didn't get the object of the domino puzzle AT ALL, and the guide was a real lifesaver there.)

However, I have run into one major problem involving the final rune you need to access the area with the crystal - I keyed in the code on the owl statue and the bookcase/secret door opened, but I didn't get the rune the guide says is at the base of it. Now the door is open and I can no longer access the owl statue - clicking the area just takes me through the doorway to the lobby, and attempting to go back puts me in front of the elevator outside.

This seems like rather poor planning, and I'm not sure if it's a glitch or intentional - why allow an area containing a item crucial to completing the game to become permanently inaccessible without incorporating some sort of failsafe to ensure the item is retrieved before the player is permitted to continue? I'm sure I'm not the only person who's ever missed an item the first time through and had to backtrack to get it! Sure, if I'd followed the strategy guide step by step I could have avoided this pitfall, but that defeats the purpose of playing the game - I prefer to try and solve the puzzles myself first, and only resort to the guide when I get stuck.

I guess my only option now is to start over, since I've been effectively locked out of the final area. This is extremely frustrating after the many hours of gameplay I put in to get to this point. It's a poor game that permits the player to do something in the course of playing it that renders the game unwinnable, so I'm left wondering - is this how the game is intended to function, or have I stumbled onto a bug?

Thanks for your time.

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Jun 22, 10 6:35 AM
I seem to be having the same problem quite a few are having...cant open Strategy Guide...when I try to open...Error access violation message...click OK..dumps me out of game.........I've contacted CS and upgraded Adobe Flash as suggested ..still no Joy ...

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 22, 10 6:39 AM
I keyed in the code on the owl statue and the bookcase/secret door opened, but I didn't get the rune the guide says is at the base of it.
I can't remember exactly but I have a feeling that you get the rune automatically. The one that most peope miss is the first one at the elevator.

[Post New]by bbbooboo on Jun 22, 10 12:31 PM
I can't get the last ruin from the owl. I input the 6 characters per the blog walkthru as found on the book page, but nothing happens. I've done this several times.

6 in order are circle, square, circle w dot, verticle bar, diamond, and askterisk symbols.

What am I doing wrong...or is this broken.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 22, 10 1:47 PM
Each time you do this, are you pressing the buttons to turn them off first?

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Jun 23, 10 6:55 AM
bbbooboo wrote:I can't get the last ruin from the owl. I input the 6 characters per the blog walkthru as found on the book page, but nothing happens. I've done this several times.

6 in order are circle, square, circle w dot, verticle bar, diamond, and askterisk symbols.

What am I doing wrong...or is this broken.

I got the code from the book on the table and only had to put in 5 symbols in owl...then he gave me the ruin..so it may change from walkthough........( have you put both torn pieces into book yet? )

sagefever
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by sagefever on Jun 23, 10 12:29 PM
sagefever wrote:
sagefever wrote: I am having a problem with the strategy guide~ the screen goes slightly dark and nothing happens ,as others have reported.

Any fix for this?

Otherwise a great game!

Here it is June 16 th and still no fix for the SG...I've tried the suggestion to stop, restart my PC , my flash is working everywhere else ( checks out fine at their site also) and nothing for $20.00... this maybe my last CE purchase.

June 23rd.....still no fix for the strategy guide
Otherwise I like the game,having to close down the game open my browser and use the walk thru here is a hassle.
Thanks for that walkthru~ without it I'd be in a world of hurt.

maunic2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by maunic2 on Jun 23, 10 7:51 PM
spiritdog51 wrote:For me the game is "lagging" every time I want to change scenes, I have dead time switching. When I go to use an item, it lags or freezes for a bit, enough to be bothersome and takes some of the fun out of a good game. I am hoping it was this download? Or is anyone else having this trouble?

maunic2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by maunic2 on Jun 23, 10 8:02 PM
spiritdog51 wrote:For me the game is "lagging" every time I want to change scenes, I have dead time switching. When I go to use an item, it lags or freezes for a bit, enough to be bothersome and takes some of the fun out of a good game. I am hoping it was this download? Or is anyone else having this trouble?

I also have the same problem of "lagging", dead time switching, and dead time before an action is finally done!. I managed to get to the end of the game anyway, twice now, and both times when I started the extra levels, I only got past the door with the animals. Got the puzzle, the door opens then, both times I got this message "The save game file was corruted. Please create a new profile. Sign in for you case, detective." I did, and of course, I'm back at the beginning of the game with the extra levels locked again! I am more than pissed to have spent $20.00, a little more in canadian money, and not to be able to play it correctly!

[Post New]by kannu62 on Jun 24, 10 10:36 AM
I finally comtinued to play this today and needed the strategy guide..but got nothing but a blank screen??? I paid for the CE and still have to come here to look through the walkthrough. Frustrating to say the least

DaCook7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by DaCook7 on Jun 27, 10 10:35 PM
I am confused. What is the difference between Souls of the innocent and the collectors edition? I just downloaded the Collectors Edition Demo and it picked up my name and my position that I was in on my second time around in Souls of the Innocent, which I had downloaded and played first. What is the advantage of buying the Collector's Edition if it is the same game?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 1, 10 5:50 AM
The differences are one extra level at the end of the game and the additional non-game parts (strategy guide, wallpaper, screensaver, soundtrack).

You won't see anything different from the two demos.

sagefever
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by sagefever on Jul 15, 10 7:46 AM
sagefever wrote:
sagefever wrote:

Any fix for this?

Otherwise a great game!

June 23rd.....still no fix for the strategy guide
Otherwise I like the game,having to close down the game open my browser and use the walk thru here is a hassle.
Thanks for that walkthru~ without it I'd be in a world of hurt.

I still love this game. It is now July 15 th and still no fix for the strategy guide. I am not alone in having problems with this.That was my only reason for buying the collectors edition. I will not be buying anymore $20.00 games from this site. I give up.
Otherwise I enjoy the games here.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 5, 10 1:52 AM
I am a Mac user --

This may or may not be a technical issue -- While playing the demo, clicking on "strategy guide" in the lower right corner, the game window goes away and I am taken to my browser and the BFG site walk through for the game.

I'm thinking possibly I need to purchase the game to have access to the integrated strategy guide -- I'm really not very confident that is the answer but I'm hoping it is.

Obviously I need confirmation of that before I purchase this CE. Even more so, I would like to know I am not the only Mac player experiencing this oddity. I see a lot of the PC players had problems accessing the SG. And I know Macs and PC's may have the same problem for completely different reasons. Still, it is an interesting coincidence.

Hope somebody reads this, or the moderators start making Mac tech issues threads in the All game forums threads where a game is available for each platform.

terih
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by terih on Aug 5, 10 8:19 AM
I'm on a Mac and having the same issue with strategy guide... after purchase and activation, very irritating! If I wanted to use the walk through, I could have waited and saved some money....... Please fix this!

Go to: