littykat04941
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Faded Reality

[Post New]by littykat04941 on Jun 11, 10 3:36 PM
I like the game. the graphics are good. I have to wonder if the artist used a model for the main character { the pretty girl} or do they just dream them up. I wonder if they get the pictures from a compilation of pictures like lay out artists do. Do you know Big Fish?

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Jun 11, 10 7:01 PM
Was enjoying, and purchased. At the end of a location, I couldn't find the last thing and the hint was useless. Finally exited.

Not surprised - saved to the beginning of the location. Looked anyway and there were even the same things to find.

No desire to redo that location. And if there was one like that, there will be others. Regret the purchase. Should have read the forum more closely.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jun 12, 10 4:42 PM
For me, this game was a bit of a disappoinment. I was really looking forward to it from the pictue of the game and thought it was going to be just as good. I found the music annoying and the objects hard to find. If a game doesn't grip me immediately, I will stop as there are soooo many good games out there.

Varley
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Varley on Jun 16, 10 7:58 PM
faded reality by PuzzleLab

Options on this game include music, sound, fullscreen and credits. This is not a timed game.

The music is a range depending on location. Syncopated percussion on one, soothing piano on another.

Locations come in pairs. Waving the cursor over a location will direct you to the match.

Game play on hidden objects is a mix. Most locations are clear and bright with not too cleverly hidden objects. However, there is hiding that includes concealed objects, color on color, and small objects. Some locations include distractions, some are merely cluttered.

There was no audible or visual clue to an incorrect click. Random, rapid clicking resulted in a black POW! spot on the location for a few seconds.

The object list includes 6 items: a mixture of objects and letters. Some items in the list are greyed and unavailable until another object or letter has been found. There are about 30 items to be found between the two locations. Once a letter is found, it can be used in either location. Item names are shown on the location and one places the letter from the tools area to within the item name. The item moves to reveal a hidden object.

Hints are freely given. Hint refresh is about 30 seconds. There is an audible and a visual indication. Also, if there is no cursor selection within about 90 seconds, an item is hilighted on the location.

Mini games occur after locations and can be skipped. Pair matching and fill in the missing letters were both extremely easy. Incorrect selections are visually recognizable. A more challenging puzzle involved moving lamps to pre-set locations to light up an area.

Monolog occurs on and between locations. Intro can be skipped or quickly clicked through.

This game might appeal to experienced beginners or casual intermediate players.

[Post New]by dizzydame281 on Jun 17, 10 4:56 PM
extremely boring and slow game. almost quit before demo ended but I stuck it out. won't be buying this one. too much repetition of finding items and no story line whatsoever. BFG please don't get any more of these games. thanks.

keely1
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by keely1 on Jun 19, 10 10:15 AM
ok big fish you asked for it...... i hated the endin it just stopped and before i kew it i was starting over. thought that sucked. i buy a lot of games and this one was interesting but hated the ending.hope it gets better i there is a part 2

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jul 12, 10 7:23 AM
I really enjoyed this game. It seemed more of a kid's game, but sometime that is very relaxing. Not too challenging can be good! Overall a big

Elnea
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Elnea on Jul 22, 10 8:49 PM
Just a note about a glitch: I'm playing on an older MacBook Pro and I found a few screens where I couldn't click on the "hidden" letters unless I switched to windowed mode. Then it worked fine. Then switching back to fullscreen on the next puzzle there wasn't a problem.

[Post New]by JustDontTryIt on Sep 15, 10 2:43 PM
Here it is several months since this game came out....today is September 15th, but I'm bored. I've played all the good games and am looking for something worth playing. I have discovered that a lot of games that most people do not like, are the ones I like the most. So, I think I will at least try the demo.

njstitch
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by njstitch on Sep 23, 10 10:44 AM
my review: NO STARS for game concept. I am a woman with a donated cornea. I haven't played this game and I would never play it. I had cornea damage so severe that my choices were lose my eye, or have a corneal transplant. I can't tell you how disturbing it was to be #1 on the list for 4 states. I spent 5 long days knowing that a person in their teens to thirties was going to die over the weekend (most likely in car accident) right before my Monday 8 am operation time. (My doctor needed the youngest cornea possible for me.) I don't know who previously used my cornea and I don't know their very generous family. I do know that an 18 yr old died in the city where I lived on that Saturday night in an accident near their high school. I was freaked out just getting part of an eye. I can't imagine how a heart lung transplant recipient feels. There are never enough organ donors in our world. To say that I am appalled by this game concept is an understatement. I encourage you to donate your organs and to promote organ donation. I am so thankful for my eyesight. Joan

Edited on 09/27/2010 at 11:04:14 AM PST

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Oct 9, 10 5:21 PM
I bought this game because it was on a list of games someone whose opinion I respect says he replays regularly.

While it has some interesting twists (like finding numbers, which you apply to items which then move away and may give you access to other items which were previously grayed out), what I could not get over were the terrible drawings!

I didn't even mind the language, since i have read enough British novels to understand British English.

But honestly, when a smoking pipe is a little squinched up object that looks more like a ****, something is wrong.

And this isn't unusual. Many of the items are extremely tiny and oddly drawn to the point I would never recognize them. A "hose" could be a coil of green, which is fairly reasonable, or it could be a tiny swirl of brown that I could swear had a head and tail -- at least, I took it for a snake. To the extent I could see it, which was barely.

Anyway, regardless of all the other issues, it was the graphics that put me off. I did like finding the letters, and several other aspects, but ultimately the graphics were just unbearable.

Definitely feel like I wasted a coupon code on this one!

suzyoz
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by suzyoz on May 3, 11 10:58 PM
the ending was awfully sudden OR i missed something!

Grnmeadow
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Grnmeadow on May 22, 11 6:26 PM
I, too, should have read the reviews before I bought. This game is great for teenagers with excellent eyesight. Some of the items were so tiny, you had to use the hint button.

The graffics were attractive, but the story line did not match the game at all. It seemed like the game was more of a fairy tale type not like the actual story. It was too mixed up for me and the ending was a too abrupt.

The game lasted a long time so that was a plus. I am sorry I used my credit for this game when there are so many others that are better.

Kassy9
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Kassy9 on May 25, 11 1:07 PM
Luckily this was a $2.99 deal. This was truly a boring game. The mini games were repetitious and boring. The same match the shape and light the lights over and over again. Serves me right for buying without trying. I would definitely give this giant thumbs down.

Boring

[Post New]by blondee10 on Jun 4, 11 5:14 AM
Each chapter, which only saves what you've done at the end of each, consists of 2 search areas (you must find all objects highlighted before finding the unhighlighted ones) and 2 matching games. End of each chapter has 'commentary' from the character on her confusion about the mystery.

PROS:

- Beautiful illustrations
- Creative search idea; find the 'highlighted' objects first
- Beautiful music (by far one of the better game 'soundtracks')
- Pleasant chime when object is found

CONS:

- Only two kinds of matching games; cards and shapes (this got VERY boring)
- Story was not engaging; many times I got lost in what the story was behind the chapter I was in
- Was hoping for more variety; it was the same thing from chapter to chapter (nothing new to make you think)

OVERALL:

Would not purchase this game again. It was a waste of my time because I became bored QUICKLY (and I felt so strongly about this that I had to find the review section of Big Fish Games and leave one - haven't done so before). Kudos to the artists for the work put into the illustrations.

Edited on 06/04/2011 at 5:16:04 AM PST

[Post New]by wllccm25 on Jun 4, 11 8:20 PM
This game is great. I love the graphics and the story. I hope they come out with a sequel to this game. So, for those of us that like playing this game can find out why the "clinic" is doing these organ transplants.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jul 9, 11 7:20 PM
I found the gameplay great for a lazy afternoon. Although it was different and interesting with the letters and words, the 2 match games got very tedious after so many times. The music was nice and relaxibng. The story concept would have been interesting, had it ever been developed into a real complete story with an ending.

What happened Devs? Get tired??

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 10:07 AM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 4 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jul 31, 11 7:08 PM
i bought this game last year...have been finishing up a lot of games lately since game choices are not in my 'genre'...but am patient so no problem...BUT...luv this game when i first bought it, played several levels, then bored and went fishing for newer games...i can always finish this later?...yes....well went to play today...OH H3LL NO!...started from beginning...WHAT?....then seen that there was an update last year..oooopsee!...so got all up to the 'little hut in the forest' level...AND...the 'items' window below showed me 'NOTHING'....now am a little P.O...not sure if i want to pursue the C/S as my puter has had the 'routine' repair dr.felix...so am just wondering if this has happened to others?...now i look at game forum and its not a game that has been on 'top seller'...so guess this is just a 'vent' on the soapbox for me...but gave the game an overall

btw...grandkid thought is was fun!

eta: decided to go back and check if all was saved as to where i had left off...oh yes!..was at leve 14 and it saved...AND...the 'items' showed up...woooowhooo!...guess the puter and game had to have some 'time out' to see if they really wanted to let me play!...

Edited on 07/31/2011 at 7:59:40 PM PST

[Post New]by SabrinaV on Jan 5, 12 10:20 PM
I really didn't like the game it was way to short. It only took an hour and a half to finish. I wish I wouldn't have bought it. I mean the game its self was alright but it was short it was over before I knew it.

Go to: