Casebook

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Re:Casebook

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 18, 08 5:59 PM
HI Aitchy,

We have not received any new builds that have passed our testing process yet. We wont release an update until we know that the version we have corrects the problems our users are experiencing.

[Post New]by ecernan on Dec 18, 08 12:16 PM
Yes. I downloaded it no problems.

deliag
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by deliag on Dec 18, 08 12:30 PM
I got it just fine too! And it's fantastic! like MCF but with video ... amazing. The story's great, and you can explore ALL of the rooms ...
Is there a Detective Burton fanclub?

jachern
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by jachern on Dec 29, 08 1:43 PM
I downloaded Casebook again right before Christmas and I still get the error message about the WIC. I have a Vista computer. So is the casebook on the BFG website a new one that is supposed to fix that error or still the same one from back in October when I downloaded it the first time with that error? I would like to play this game, but I do not feel comfortable deleting files suggested by a past post for Windows XP on a Vista computer. Any information about a fix for this game or if it will ever run on my computer would be appreciated.

In a side note, when I told BFG about this problem in October, I was given a coupon for a free game. This is a great games company. In the past I have bought game software that would crash and never work and receive absolutely nothing from the game manufacturers or sellers.

[Post New]by aliceven on Jan 4, 09 2:53 PM
jachern wrote:I downloaded Casebook again right before Christmas and I still get the error message about the WIC. I have a Vista computer. So is the casebook on the BFG website a new one that is supposed to fix that error or still the same one from back in October when I downloaded it the first time with that error? I would like to play this game, but I do not feel comfortable deleting files suggested by a past post for Windows XP on a Vista computer. Any information about a fix for this game or if it will ever run on my computer would be appreciated.

In a side note, when I told BFG about this problem in October, I was given a coupon for a free game. This is a great games company. In the past I have bought game software that would crash and never work and receive absolutely nothing from the game manufacturers or sellers.

Hey jachern - you're right, BFG really look after you if something goes wrong. I had that same issue on my XP machine and downloaded a free new version just before christmas too. It worked fine, a little slow in places, but i think that's my graphics card - it's got full video in it, which is why it;s so big i guess. Maybe you should download it again? My husband said when the thing happened on XP that it wouldn;t happen on Vista - so that's strange.

jachern
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by jachern on Jan 5, 09 1:53 PM
Thanks for the reply, Aliceven. Now that the holidays are over, maybe I will try BFG customer service chat. But before I do that I will try your suggestion of downloading it again.

suzybank
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by suzybank on Jan 15, 09 6:01 PM
I had to download it twice! but it was worht it!

jpotts459
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jpotts459 on Jan 19, 09 12:05 PM
I'm playing through Casebook again and really wanted to say that I think I used 'i' too much the first time ... because it was quite easy, but if you don't use it, and follow Burton's directions it's harder, like real forensics would be, i guess, because you never know what you're looking for. It's like Ravenhearst, but different, not JUST a matter of pointing and clicking, but actually thinking about what you should be looking for ... So i think some of ralhul's comments miss the point - this isn't a game where everything's laid out for you, it's a game where you need to think a little bit. It's a MYSTERY. A real one. I love it.

[Post New]by ChloeReynolds on Jan 21, 09 12:21 PM
I download this game onto my mom's computer and installed everything it said to, but when I go to play the game, a message pops up saying I need to download DirectX9.0 and spader 2.0. I already have the DirectX but what is Spader and once I do that, what do I do if I keep getting the same message? HELP

deliag
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by deliag on Jan 22, 09 3:07 PM
There's a small thing I noticed other people writing on forums about, is that even if you've got directx9.0, it has to be directx 9.0c ... and as for spader ... are you sure it's not 'shader'?

Stick at it, I loved this game - and hopefully you will to!

[Post New]by ChloeReynolds on Jan 22, 09 3:27 PM
it was shader. i've looked it up and downloaded it. But it's still not playing.

[Post New]by Evee34 on Jan 23, 09 10:33 PM
Hi All!

I must say that this game was just great! and the guy was FINE! I can't wait for Episode 2! OK Big Fish! When are you going to bring the next Episode out?

EV

suzybank
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by suzybank on Jan 26, 09 1:14 PM
Yes! When is it coming?!!!

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Mar 14, 11 2:46 AM
I've just finished the game and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is quite different to other games, with the objective to gather evidence. The storyline, individual footage using real film is excellent as well as the actors. Very realistic. The only gripe I have is the grainy pictures which makes it difficult to locate the items of evidence. However, if you hold down control key and the 'i' key, it helps locate the next bit of evidence. Looking forward to the next installments.

Go to: