Re:Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by RedFireCastle on Nov 6, 17 11:03 AM
Good morning technical support, when I went to get back into my game the screen states "checking Cloud, setting characters" over and over again, my game just will not load. Would you please check my account A906374, I play as Redfire on my Kindle. My Biggish account is RedFireCastle. Thank you!

bfgIlinalta
3,207 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 6, 17 4:09 PM
Hello RedFireCastle,

I'm sorry to hear that the game isn't loading. The first thing I want to do is provide some recommendations which may assist in this particular case, as well as how to contact our Support Team should more assistance prove to be necessary.

I recommend seeing if these preliminary troubleshooting steps for an Android device not loading the game can assist in quickly resolving that issue:

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Android)

If the issue continues after trying some of those suggestions, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with the Friend Code you have mentioned, the steps you've tried to resolve the issue, the type and model of device you are seeing the issue on, as well as a description of what you are experiencing. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they are able to do so.

Thank you for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Kimball321
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Kimball321 on Nov 15, 17 11:32 AM
Once again I am having problems with the game crashing I have to keep doing the same tasks over and over losing progress and losing diamonds it is getting beyond a joke now how many times do I have to complain I have been in touch with customer services time and time again this problems only startedsince the last Easter update before that I had no problems I have been playing since the game started though I lost my original game on level 38 and had to start again after 4years of playing I think it is about time these issues should be sorted regards Chris

bfgIlinalta
3,207 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 15, 17 2:15 PM
Hello Kimball321,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still seeing the game crash while playing on Android. After checking in with the Support Team, it sounds like we were able to previously assist and provided a suggestion to ensure that your game is fully up to date and received no response that this didn't assist. If the issue has started up again after that update, then I recommend seeing if the following suggested steps are able to assist:

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Android)

If those steps don't seem to help with the game crashing, then I recommend getting back in touch with our Midnight Castle Support Team to provide them the details regarding this issue as well as what has happened in regards to those suggested steps. I also recommend contacting them if you've lost progress or currency, as they have the tools necessary to assist with lost progress or currency. Our Reps will be certain to follow up as soon as they are able to do so.

If this issue continues after talking with our Reps or trying their suggestions, please follow up by replying directly to the last response you received. Following up with our Reps directly allows you to also retain your place in the request queue, and helps provide more information regarding the issue to the right teams. Thanks for helping us get to the bottom of this by following up with our Reps when an issue persists or if you need further assistance after receiving a response from our Support Team.

Thank you for your patience and I hope this helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

gyspy51
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by gyspy51 on Nov 21, 17 12:44 PM
My tablet is breaking down so I brought a new one.so how do I move my game to the new tablet! Please help

gyspy51
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by gyspy51 on Nov 21, 17 1:42 PM
This is gypsy51-2 how do i movr my game gypsy51 to this new tablet.my old id is a531654-gypsy51 my new game is gypsp51-2 and new id is a922194. Please help

gyspy51
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by gyspy51 on Nov 21, 17 4:06 PM
will not let me subit request one what

bfgIlinalta
3,207 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 21, 17 4:15 PM
Hello gypsy51,

Thank you for your patience and for snagging both of those Friend Codes. What you can do now is contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with both of those Friend Codes and a description of which Friend Code contains the progress you would like moved and which Friend Code you would like that progress transferred to. Our Reps will follow up as soon as they can to assist.

Thank you for your patience. If there are any further questions or are having trouble using the above contact us link, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by ukheather on Nov 22, 17 7:21 PM
Please my game froze and I had to hard reboot my kindle. This has happened before and I hard rebooted no problem. Now all my progress is gone and the game has started at level 1 from level 56. Can you please restore my progress. I had over 1,100 purple gems. My friend code is a627987.

I tried to submit a request to customer support but I can't get any further than pick your issue. I chose account issue and nothing happened. Just a blank screen.

Thanks,
UKRemi

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
331 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Nov 24, 17 1:30 PM
Curious .... Has anyone found a lasting solution to the constant crashing, loss of progress, bogged-down performance for the Android? It seems like a vast number of people are experiencing the same issues. I, myself, continue to have all these problems on a daily basis and even with technical support's help, nothing ever works. It's not a particular brand (Kindle, Samsung, Verizon, etc.) or other open programs. It isn't a storage or memory problem. It's not something that can be fixed by uninstall/re-installing, nor is it an outdated OS.

I know this is a game and that's why I just shrug it off when I have to do 3 hard re-boots per hour, but by this time, someone should have made progress into determining the underlying problem with the Android operating system.

I almost bought a new tablet, but realized it wouldn't matter.

Thoughts?

bfgBeruna
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 24, 17 2:16 PM
Hello ukheather and kdreetz,

I'm swimming by to provide answers and troubleshooting guidance. Thank you so much for your patience!

ukheather: I'm so sorry to hear your game's progress has been lost. Our Midnight Castle Support Team will be able to help restore lost progress. Please contact them and include your new game's Friend Code (as well as the old game's code if it's available). They'll provide all the help they can.

kdreetz: The developers are aware that something has been causing Midnight Castle to crash, and they're working diligently to fix it. When the Moderation Team receives new information about this issue, we'll announce it here in the forum. Until then, if the help articles below haven't been viewed, I'd suggest following the instructions in them.

Update Your Device (Kindle)
Uninstalling & Reinstalling (Kindle Fire)

Should any questions remain, please PM me or another moderator. We'll be glad to be of service.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by amphibiouswords on Nov 28, 17 5:54 PM
I am so frustrated. I was really excited about the latest challenge avatars, especially the Gorgon, and I made a point of keeping up with each day's quest. Unfortunately, I've been having the crashing issues others have mentioned, and after losing progress and having to recapture 17 red ghosts all over again, I could only play the game for a few minutes at a time. As a result, despite my best efforts, I appear to have just missed the window on completing the challenge. This isn't the first time I've had to make up lost progress, by any means, but it's certainly the most frustrating, and it makes me concerned about participating in whatever's planned for December/January.

bfgIlinalta
3,207 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 29, 17 5:13 PM
Hello amphibiouswords,

I'm sorry to hear that this has impacted your ability to participate in the Castle Challenge. We definitely don't want technical issues to impede that progress, and since it sounds like there have been consistent crashes and losses of progress, I wanted to provide what to provide to our Support Team so this can be looked into further.

I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code, the type and model of device this is occurring on, as well as what version of operating system it is running.

If you could also describe any moments that seem to make the game crash, and how often the game seems to be crashing, that can help the investigation. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

susiepuma
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by susiepuma on Dec 6, 17 12:24 PM
when is the update for Android users???? I keep checking the app store for an update but so far, nothing. Help??

bfgIlinalta
3,207 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 6, 17 5:36 PM
Hello susiepuma,

I'm happy to say that the Android update has arrived for most of our players across most Android devices. For more information about this, please see our announcement below:

NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle (Android) - December 6, 2017

This update has appeared for most players in the app store they've downloaded the game from, but players are encouraged to check back later if they're not seeing the update as available.

Players seeing trouble with the update after installing it are encouraged to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with a description of what has occurred and the Friend Code of the affected profile. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can to assist.

Thank you all for your time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Clairelle
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Clairelle on Dec 10, 17 8:55 AM
There was on Dec 6th an update for android. I made the update and I was surprised there ist no christmas update. Is this correct that there hasn't been a christmas update?

[Post New]by _CEEG_ on Dec 11, 17 11:05 AM
For those of you dealing with crashing issues here is my experience:

Last year (November 2016) I updated from a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 to a Kindle Fire HD 10. This update was because the HD 8.9 wasn't charging correctly (getting old).

I did not have game crashing issues on the HD 8.9. The Christmas event update (December 2016) on the HD 10 - Major crashing issues! I could not complete the event tasks, gathering snow globes or snowflakes, because the game was crashing every 10 minutes and not saving anything! So had to redo lots of stuff.

Game crashing continued even after the Christmas event ended. None of the future game updates seemed to solve the crashing issues. I would lose items sent by friends, or won from puzzles or the wheel. The castle challenges for avatars were impossible for me to complete because of crashing.

I kept checking back on this board to see if anyone had solved the issue yet. Nothing.

So a year goes by and I'm in the middle of the Fall 2017 event trying to get the Gorgon avatar, and collect al the new ghosts. Having crashing issues and repeating tasks over and over again. I had all the yellow ghost and collected the Avatar for the achievement - THREE TIMES before it finally saved before crashing!

The day after Thanksgiving was my birthday and my husband bought me a new tablet, simply because of me complaining about this game crashing all the time.
The new tablet is still Android based so I wasn't sure it was going to help. But I liked the new tablet better than my last one for other reasons anyway so I went to the trouble of contacting support to move my game to the new device.

AND..... No more crashing! I couldn't believe it! I have not had a single game crash (lost item or save error) with the new tablet. Galaxy Tab A with S Pen model #SM-P580 Running Android 7.0

Not sure if this helps anyone else but for me - - I can't tell you how glad I am to not have to deal with the constant crashing!

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
546 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Dec 12, 17 8:37 AM
Well, last night I was playing my Christmas rooms on my HD10 and got carried away playing friend after friend. I did 68 friends' Christmas rooms without crashing. I was like "WooHoo they finally fixed the problem after 2 years. Yay!"

So I went to the castle and played 5 daily quests, got my first level on each of the new tree/stocking/snowman for 3 diamonds each. Felt good enough to purchase some wands and see what more I could do around the castle. This was so great....playing without crashing.
Got all the way around the castle areas and was feeling happy for the first time in 2 years while playing a Kindle game of MC.

Then I went in to see how close I was to craft one of the new pets as I got lots of turkey feathers/red birds and fox brush... I was in the 30's on each of the new pets with these new items. I figured 2 more days and I might have a new pet.
Closed out my lab...went to the castle gates and...blackout!
I thought "Noooo! I thought you were fixed..."

I was so disappointed. I had played from about 8pm to 10:55pm. I know 10:55 because my cat interrupted me and I looked at the clock. I rebooted my game and sure enough all that progress was gone. The Christmas private rooms show I wasn't there, lost all the castle areas, and the 5 daily quests....

So, Kindle players. Make sure you are closing out your game, after about 8 to 10 HOSs that you do, going into settings; manage all apps; clear the cache and do a force stop. (Do not clear the data) Then reboot your MC game. This is what I've been doing for almost 2 years now on advice from a CS tech. I have less issues this way and rarely lose what I've done.
Don't be fooled if you are being able to do lots of HOSs....the crash problem is still with us.

Janet

Edited to say this was posted on the main forum, but I also posted it here because anytime tech things come up someone comes on and says post in tech issues. I just wanted kindle players to know that they cam be fooled into feeling it's "safe" to play on for long periods without stopping periodically, clearing and restarting.

Edited on 12/12/2017 at 1:49:45 PM PST

bfgBeruna
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 12, 17 10:53 AM
Hello Everyone!

_CEEG_, I'm so glad to hear that Midnight Castle doesn't crash on your new tablet. Thank you so much for your patience and perseverance over the past year.

kthreads, please see my response to you in the thread below:

Fooled by Kindle game

Please PM me or another moderator if further questions arise. We're always happy to be of help.

bfgBeruna

Go to: