Senior Citizens sign in!!

gardenbird
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by gardenbird on Aug 24, 17 10:25 AM
Why are our experiences of Gummy Drop so different. I finally completed the Everest challenge this morning. Normally I manage to complete it within about 2 to 3 starts. This time, I must have started about 50 times before I managed to complete. When I finished I didn’t get an end page to tell me what I had won, although I know my coins were added to and I did get the infinite lives for 2 hours. What a waste they turned out to be. I needed to get 82 MB and 84 A. in LA. I played each for an hour to no avail. This afternoon I tackled them again in normal play and both went straight away. Why is this, This is the second time I have played infinite lives after an Everest Challenge and not managed to win anything.
Gripe - While playing infinite lives, 3 times I clicked on extra time by mistake. That is 450 coins wasted. There should really be a confirm button here because it’s very annoying when this happens. Know it's my own fault, should be more careful but it is easy to do. Developers - confirm button please.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Aug 24, 17 10:31 AM
Gardenbird: Love your name, but we have been practically begging for a confirm button for many months. Many, most, users have the same problem. I have purchased 18 earthquakes two times by accident. So....don't hold your breath.

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Aug 24, 17 1:24 PM
OM! @ Snow, GardenB I just purchased 18 "Winds of Change " this morn! Ugh! It's more like 2 years of constant, persistent, unrelenting begging for a confirm button! It'll never happen..it's that kinda day-daycation! I need rest of day off, will start Tomrw... BTW in Capetown, am also working on Episode 1 of GD newest SR-Capers... you guys def have to help by adding content etc. b/c I am not a writer... forums & research papers-my literary works...(My Gummy Grey grandiose ideas, I can get myself into such a fix!) Now, OFF to TRY to churn out coins and a bit of fun...

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Aug 24, 17 1:58 PM
Just sold my six resources and got 53 coins which is not so good, I have never had more than 110 in total for a six sale the daily deal was TIN in Sydney and I don't usually bother there as I can't earn coins but I was filling in time got all 3 straight away and the bonus was two of those sunshine things which clear a layer of ice so I guess they will come in handy! I don't bother with any other games though my granddaughter likes me to play Simons cat with her. I used to play bubble witch but got to a level I just could not do and the same with candy crush but those were over 2 years ago when I started with GD.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 24, 17 4:43 PM
Yep, as I thought might happen, got it out first thing this morning. Always the way, sleep on it or post on here and it will work out. so daily event done for today.

gardenbird, re: your extra lives you clicked on 3 times, am not sure if you are aware, but each time you click on it, it doesn't cost you 150 coins. To have spent 450 coins on those, you would have had to click on extra moves/lives 9 times as one purchase of 150 coins gets you three lots of 5 extra moves, not one. When you click on it the time it costs 150 coins, that gives you the first lot of 5 extra moves that time, then the next two times you use another 5 extra moves, its not costing anything. I look at it as each lot of 5 costs 50 coins, so when I choose to spend the 150, I know that I will get three different levels out for that spend, (well, at least I hope its enough to get me out). Hope that helps?

I do agree with you, a confirm button would be GREAT please GD team! A lot of people get caught accidentally clicking on stuff they don't want (I have done it myself in GD), especially seniors who often have issues with arthritis etc etc etc. After all, I have in app purchases deliberately turned off on my ipad for the reason that I do not want to accidentally make purchases (REAL money) whilst playing ANY game so why can't we also have the option to CHOOSE to have a confirm button. Its the same sort of thing. If I decide to deliberately spend real money, I go to settings and turn my in app purchases on, GD should be the same principle.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Aug 27, 17 11:28 AM
Anyone else find those comments when you run out of moves idiotic? I was playing an earlier master builder level in Lisbon for the daily deal, ran out of moves and up it comes "SO CLOSE" and when I took notice I only needed another 149800 points!! Not exactly close I would have thought

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Aug 27, 17 12:52 PM
Okay guys, I have been polite and well behaved for the nearly two years I have been playing GD, but today just really steamed my clams! My gold fever is in New Orleans and for the first time I have seven letters, 3 mb levels and 4 architects, so what do they do? I got three of the toughest timed levels in the city, that is so not amusing!!
Arrgg!! Trav, I agree 100%, that "so close" thing is really dumb and neena I've had that happen twice, both times it was the wind boost for 18!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 27, 17 4:05 PM
GamingGrampa, I wasn't going to post anything about the gold fever that happened yesterday to me, but SAME thing as you. I got a 6 letter word, in KL, I played everyone of them to see what they were like. I lost the first 5 in a row in a very short time, they were ALL horrendously hard, some architect, some MB. Waited for lives to regenerate, did the 6th one, it was hard but could see I would be able to do it with the right start, so got that one in a couple of goes. Had a go over the next few hours at all the others again, waiting each time for a good board to play, NOT ONCE did I come even remotely close to getting even one of the 5 out so I just gave up. I was SO frustrated, it was unfair how hard they were. No wonder I never did those particular levels past intern. Luckily, after Amsterdam you do not need to do the ten item missions to progress, nor buy HHs, thats why they hadn't been done. Hope next gold fever next sunday is better. I think this time also for me was the hardest gold fever I have encountered too.

And I too think that banner thing with so close is silly. It must be a blanket same thing across the board for every game when you don't get it out regardless of how close you actually are. I reckon they should just get rid of it altogether. Its ridiculous.

Edited on 08/27/2017 at 4:08:46 PM PST

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Aug 27, 17 8:55 PM
Hey jules, I got a little confused when you said yesterday's gold fever, then I remembered that you're over there in the land down under, so I imagine there's a number of hours between you and the U.S. west coast where I am. I can't believe how frustrated I was today after my gold fever rant I managed to get myself killed a batch of times and then finally gave up. It was actually relaxing to get on here and chat with you for a bit. Oh well tomorrow is another day.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 27, 17 8:59 PM
Yes, its another day here in Australia. Its currently 1.54pm monday, on the West Coast of the USA, its now 8.56pm, sunday evening. So my gold fever is well and truly over with now. Have got nearly all of todays daily event out, that was early this morning, haven't had time to play at all since then. Will be some hours before I can play again. Got a busy rest of the day.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Aug 28, 17 1:32 AM
Must have been my lucky day. My Gold Fever was just 4 letters and every one completed on the first attempt.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 28, 17 3:14 AM
Keith, the daily events and gold fevers are more often that not like that for me too, its just sometimes, you get a really super tough one that seems almost every level is impassable, and thats what I had on sunday as did GamingGranpa too. Just a shame it was on the sunday gold fever rather than a normal one. Not to worry though, there will be plenty more, and many in the past have been a walk in the park, its probably a bit much to expect them all to be that easy.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 28, 17 4:46 AM
I just turned my ipad on again, the Everest challenge is back again. That was pretty quick since the last one ended only a few days ago. Hope this is going to be a weekly thing now? I could find good uses for the extra two hours per week of unlimited lives. It really helps for getting through really tough levels and timed ones too. So, save them up for when you have the two hours, its amazing how many you can knock off in that time if you work hard at them knowing you can just reload the board endlessly in that time. Even if you only get through half a doz hard levels in that two hours, its still worth it. Please GD, can we have it every week???????

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Aug 28, 17 7:43 AM
My Everest Challenge is sitting at level 5 waiting for me to have a couple of hours to dedicate to the annoying timed levels.

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Aug 28, 17 9:05 AM
I am amused at this. If I leave a level, even one I am actively playing, for a minute the game reboots. I've put my iphone down to blow my nose, and the current game is wiped. If I am patient enough to wait 5 minutes to see i get extra moves on the roulette wheel, I have to toggle back and forth between screens to not be kicked out of the game.

The idea of playing to the 5th level and waiting....hours? days? to push the button to get free lives seems impossible to me. I have to wait until I have time to play before I even open Everest.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Aug 29, 17 6:47 AM
Lima is open. Next up is Vladivostok.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 29, 17 8:04 AM
Thanks for the heads up on LIma, Snowman, however, due to my game constantly crashing whenever I am on wifi, I can't get it right now. Just got into the game, which is a miracle, whilst connected, and built the last monument in Boston to close it off, but the update has not got to me yet. I checked general updates, also not there, shut the ipad down completely and rebooted, still not there. Oh well, I was about to go to bed anyway, so hoping it will be there waiting for me in the morning. If its not there, will have to get back to tech help as been having some wifi and scratch ticket issues for a while now, it might be part of this issue too. I am sure will get LIma eventually.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Aug 29, 17 9:08 AM
Hi famvir3. I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I meant I completed level 4 and then left the Everest Challenge at the point where I'm ready to tackle level 5. I will only tackle level 5 when I have 2 hours free so I can make use of the free play time. I'm not suggesting completing level 5 and leaving it there for hours / days before collecting the win.

[Post New]by dkatie on Aug 29, 17 12:12 PM
I'm currently playing Singapore have really enjoyed it till this last update, I play on android tablet now everything is large and cities no longer open where I left them, auggh, since I open the finished ones to retrieve resources and ship regularly would rather screens open where I am when I exit. And yes I can shrink each city when I open it but don't want to have to do that to over 25 cities every couple of hours

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Aug 29, 17 12:30 PM
I haven't got the Lima update yet and I am also sitting on level 4 of Everest waiting for time to use the extra free lives. Just did the daily deal, 5 letters in Bogota, all mb levels but easy so 300 coins and 2 quake boosts for no outlay!

Go to: