Bardens house

[Post New]by Chris2 on Jun 9, 10 1:21 AM
Hi There,
can anyone help.
I am at Bardans House in Whitehaven Hamlet and I can't get any further.
I only have devils Ivy in my inventory and Barden does not seem to want that. I have tried to skip but it does not work.
Has anybody any ideas

Re:Bardens house

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Jun 10, 10 6:23 AM
Hi Chris

I'm the programmer for Magicville: Art of Magic. Sorry for the delay in replying.

As you're likely aware, by the time you reach Whitehaven you should have a lot more items than a bit of Devil's Ivy! Specifically for you, you need to give a ragwort plant to the alchemist which, as you've said, you don't have. As a result of the correct item not being there, the skip button won't function, either.

There is good news, and not so good news.

The good news is that I've identified a problem whereby your inventory items can get erased, and I'm working on a fix for that right now.

The not so good news is that once you've installed the update, you would have to start over. The silver lining to that particular cloud, is that you can use the skip buttons to quickly bypass all the minigames so it shouldn't take you too long to get back to Whitehaven.

As I said, I'm working on an update right now - there will be a further announcement when the update is available for download.

Dave
DesktopGaming

[Post New]by Chris2 on Jun 11, 10 7:16 AM
Many thanks,
do you how everything got erased in the first place
Chris 2

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Jun 11, 10 7:43 AM
Yep, I know what causes it now. Its a pretty obscure bug which is why so few people have been affected by it (and why I missed it in the first place).

Still working on the update - I think I can make it so you won't have to start from the beginning after all.....

Go to: