Wait for 6.99$ version?

[Post New]by monrudee on Jun 9, 10 1:28 AM
I like this game very much and I have already finished the first one : puppet show mystery of joyville. I buy many games from this web only since I rather trust in quality and price. However I am not sure this game will have normal version? and when it will be released? I wait wait.....and just buy other game to play when I have free time,but the main and must have is this game.

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

Re:Wait for 6.99$ version?

[Post New]by poopysue on Jun 9, 10 4:47 AM
The regular edition should be out in a couple of weeks. I am waiting patiently too!

[Post New]by digitalwitch1 on Jun 11, 10 4:16 PM
i am betting these folks make scads of money as soon as the 6.99 rolls out. their server must be overstrained by me checking every couple hours to see if it is available or not. life is good, but oh how much sweeter it will be when that day comes!

troyka
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by troyka on Jun 11, 10 6:27 PM
anyone have any idea when $ 6.99 version due out? Its been about 3 weeks.... hasn't it?

Jude_Rigby
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Jude_Rigby on Jun 12, 10 10:37 AM
It's been two weeks yesterday. And come on! The Strange Cases standard edition came out two weeks after the Collector's Edition did! I want this game so badly. My free game credits are burning my fingers!

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Jun 12, 10 10:43 AM
If you want the bonus content then please do buy the collector's edition. Many people enjoy them because they come with various extras, such as a strategy guide, music, screensaver, wallpaper, and etc. ( depending on the game ). Also, welcome to the pond, everyone.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 12, 10 11:00 AM
$20 is a lot of money, especially for those of us with tight budgets. The following review explains what the extras are and why this CE was absolutely worth it to me:

First off, let me say that I positively loved Joyville. I was slightly disappointed to see that they changed the art style a bit for Souls of the Innocent, but despite the difference, the two games have the same feel to them. The game mechanics work the same way as in the first one, but this game is much longer. Adventure lovers rejoice, for there are many LFA aspects to this game. Those of you who enjoy IHOGs, but aren't entirely comfortable with the having to remember things and come back to them later, never fear! The built-in strategy guide is easy to access and straight to the point.

The artwork, as you can see from the screens, is gorgeous. This game has come closer to RTR than any other game I've tried on Big Fish, both in graphics and game play. Nice bright colors that belie the sinister plot, this game was nevertheless not as psychologically intense as the first one was for me. More sinister in some ways, and somehow less so, too. Anyone who has played both games could probably see how that's possible (won't give it away here!)

The mini-games are skippable, and the hints recharge without limits. You have two options, one for beginners (with sparkles and faster hints) and one for the advanced players. Always nice to have a choice.

As for the extras, there is concept art - some of which is quite beautiful; wallpapers - also quite lovely; the built in strategy guide - very handy and easy to access; a screen saver and plus bonus game play!

The bonus play is not just extra hidden object scenes. You move around, get lost, play mini-games and everything else you'd do in normal-play. The extra story is interesting and doesn't seem like it was just "slapped together" as an add-on.

This was my first CE, and worth every single penny! People who aren't interested in anything but the extra game play may not think so, but remember that buying a CE also keeps the game developers in business and able to put more resources into bringing us even more fabulous new games!

If ever you consider buying a Collector's Edition game, this is the one!!

Edited on 06/12/2010 at 11:01:17 AM PST

Jude_Rigby
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Jude_Rigby on Jun 12, 10 11:47 AM
Normally I would have bought the CE but money is quite tight at the moment, so I'm gonna be waiting for the standard edition. It'll help out my wallet right now.

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on Jun 15, 10 12:36 PM
17Days & counting

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 15, 10 1:01 PM
17 days 'til what, Sherrie?

Mudrock has said that the standard edition of this game will be out this week

Jude_Rigby
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Jude_Rigby on Jun 15, 10 9:41 PM
genkicoll, if you're right then I will thank you from the bottom of my heart I'm going crazy every morning I check here at BF and no Puppet Show, I'm dying to get it and asap!!

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Jun 15, 10 11:59 PM
It's nearly THREE weeks now!

Friday mebbe???

Jo

[Post New]by helrazor65 on Jun 16, 10 7:22 AM
come on BF when is this going to be out on the normal $6.99 price version ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 16, 10 7:49 AM
Patience, it's only Wednesday! We'll have it by Saturday at the latest

sung to the tune of Oh Christmas Tree aka Oh Tannenbaum
Oh PuppetShow, oh PuppetShow
Your game is so intriguing
Oh PuppetShow, oh PuppetShow
Towards the CE we're leaning

('cept I already bought it. LOVE it )

glarson56
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by glarson56 on Jun 16, 10 8:44 AM
genkicoll, you must work for BF. I personally don't care for the CE games. Paying $19.99 for a computer game is ridiculous. I have bought only one CE game, Dire Grove, and didn't see the point. I really could care less about having the concept art or screen savers. I just bout Midnight Mysteries Salem Witch Trials at the regular $6.99 price and was plenty happy with that game and even won most of the trophies and unlocked extra hidden games and won that trophy. I really wish they would stop with the CE games. That is just way too much money for not a whole lot.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 16, 10 2:53 PM
lol~ No, I don't work for Big Fish in any way.

I have never bought a CE before, and have no intention to do so again. I discuss my reasons for being happy with THIS CE, as well as what is included in the extras in the review thread, here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/160/97924.page

But I'll just copy it over so you don't have to go look

First off, let me say that I positively loved Joyville. I was slightly disappointed to see that they changed the art style a bit for Souls of the Innocent, but despite the difference, the two games have the same feel to them. The game mechanics work the same way as in the first one, but this game is much longer. Adventure lovers rejoice, for there are many LFA aspects to this game. Those of you who enjoy IHOGs, but aren't entirely comfortable with the having to remember things and come back to them later, never fear! The built-in strategy guide is easy to access and straight to the point.

The artwork, as you can see from the screens, is gorgeous. This game has come closer to RTR than any other game I've tried on Big Fish, both in graphics and game play. Nice bright colors that belie the sinister plot, this game was nevertheless not as psychologically intense as the first one was for me. More sinister in some ways, and somehow less so, too. Anyone who has played both games could probably see how that's possible (won't give it away here!)

The mini-games are skippable, and the hints recharge without limits. You have two options, one for beginners (with sparkles and faster hints) and one for the advanced players. Always nice to have a choice.

As for the extras, there is concept art - some of which is quite beautiful; wallpapers - also quite lovely; the built in strategy guide - very handy and easy to access; a screen saver and plus bonus game play!

The bonus play is not just extra hidden object scenes. You move around, get lost, play mini-games and everything else you'd do in normal-play. The extra story is interesting and doesn't seem like it was just "slapped together" as an add-on.

This was my first CE, and worth every single penny! People who aren't interested in anything but the extra game play may not think so, but remember that buying a CE also keeps the game developers in business and able to put more resources into bringing us even more fabulous new games!

If ever you consider buying a Collector's Edition game, this is the one!!

[Post New]by digitalwitch1 on Jun 16, 10 4:30 PM
i see how the 19.95 makes some money for the developers but i am betting they make a heckuva lot more off of the regular cuz so many more people can afford them. i am waiting with bated breath to leap onto the bandwagon soon as it comes out. i would love to be phat enough to afford the 20 bucks...alas i am a lowly it instructor...sigh

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 16, 10 4:56 PM
I know what you mean... but the release happened to coincide with my birthday, soooo... I treated myself

Just a day or three to wait for the SE!

[Post New]by digitalwitch1 on Jun 16, 10 7:42 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! yep...nothing nicer than a great hog for yer birthday!! hope you had a good time of it!

Jude_Rigby
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Jude_Rigby on Jun 16, 10 10:19 PM
I myself have bought 2 CE games here at BF. My first was Dire Grove, and I don't think I need to say why And the second one was the BCA Vancouver game as I adore the city of Vancouver and I couldn't wait to get back to the city I'm dying to see again, even if it was just through the game Now while I loved Joyville, the timing just wasn't right and neither is my wallet full enough, so I'm just waiting here for the standard edition.
And I def. agree with you digitalwitch1 about the standard getting more money. Now if only BF could realize they release it sooner they'll get that money sooner!!

Go to: