gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

mischievous & curious ???????

[Post New]by gripes on Jan 21, 18 8:46 AM
okay....we have folks who have just started the game, we have folks who have opened their 9th hundred game..( LOL )...

how are they going to earn the avatar from previous C.C.'S ...??????

y ... because I want in on those C.C.'s where I didn't finish them and achieve the avatar .. I don't wanna switch 1 for another...

and ahhhhhhh ..... I miss the tournaments.... give us back the tournaments..

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:mischievous & curious ???????

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 21, 18 8:53 AM
If the most recent CC is an indication...... the final avatar to win offers a choice..... but, alas, that doesn't help someone get ALL of the CC avatars because they would be turning down one for a different one.

The tournaments ...... as long as they have the Wheel, I don't think the issue can be resolved. Internet connection can affect the Wheel..... that drop/load on the Internet can apparently be replicated at will for some ..... hence better Wheel scores than others ....

Without the Wheel, many players are just not fast and accurate enough to even have a chance to place ..... and it would be quite frustrating.

No....I don't see the return of the Tournaments any time soon......now.....if they could figure out how to fix the issues with the in-game messaging ...... THAT would be something!

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Jan 21, 18 9:12 AM
whoa wait what .. what does the wheel have to do with the tournaments ????

internet connections...??? when I was on dial up I had no problems with the wheel .. you all sure that having a wheel problem isn't from carrying dozens of inventory pages... the wheel could have a mind of it's own and be thinking we don't need any of it's stuff we can buy from it.. we only get one free spin..
our friends list don't fully come up.. and after several times opening for the full count I still have to open and close to see everyone appear.. could be carrying dozens of inventory pages is effecting wheel spinning

trying to get on the top one hundred of the tournaments WAS FUN... what does it matter if you place 500th your still listed as having gone for tried....

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 21, 18 9:19 AM
Annelliegram wrote:
The tournaments ...... as long as they have the Wheel, I don't think the issue can be resolved. Internet connection can affect the Wheel..... that drop/load on the Internet can apparently be replicated at will for some ..... hence better Wheel scores than others ....

The tournament "problems" have never involved the wheel. First problem, back when the wheel contained negative numbers) involved the timer on the HOS (same as what some people had during the Winter Event). If you get a perfect score every time, you don't need to spin the wheel.

Second time there was a problem, some players were able to save their old scores and use them for several tournaments in a row.

Third time involved scores not being zeroed out, so the second time a person played in the same tournament, they started with their first score and then added the scores for the 5 HOS on top of that original score, so their score consisted of points from 10 HOS. Play again, and now the player had points from 15 HOS.

Since players were getting these scores by manipulating their own computer equipment, not sure what the developers could do to solve the "problem" and make the playing field level for everybody.

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Jan 21, 18 9:33 AM
I can't stand KNOWING that CHEATS have wrecked and ruined the tournaments for the rest of us for so DARN long now... is UNFAIR...

if they can't figure out after so much time how to keep the CHEATS from cheating ... BLOCK them from the tournaments or the game...after giving them their first & final put on notice...stop your CHEATING or be thrown out of tournaments & or game..

why do bullies of every type and stripe always win and take so much away from the rest of us...

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Jan 21, 18 9:39 AM
TiramaSue wrote:
Annelliegram wrote:

The tournament "problems" have never involved the wheel. First problem, back when the wheel contained negative numbers) involved the timer on the HOS (same as what some people had during the Winter Event). If you get a perfect score every time, you don't need to spin the wheel.

Second time there was a problem, some players were able to save their old scores and use them for several tournaments in a row.

Third time involved scores not being zeroed out, so the second time a person played in the same tournament, they started with their first score and then added the scores for the 5 HOS on top of that original score, so their score consisted of points from 10 HOS. Play again, and now the player had points from 15 HOS.

Since players were getting these scores by manipulating their own computer equipment, not sure what the developers could do to solve the "problem" and make the playing field level for everybody.

Hmm. I thought the main glitches were on platforms other than pc...players with impossibly high scores gave it away.

My only personal complaint was high cost of playing again...now if they would just remove the 'play again sooner' feature.

Edited on 01/21/2018 at 9:40:10 AM PST

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 21, 18 9:43 AM
gripes wrote:I can't stand KNOWING that CHEATS have wrecked and ruined the tournaments for the rest of us for so DARN long now... is UNFAIR...

if they can't figure out after so much time how to keep the CHEATS from cheating ... BLOCK them from the tournaments or the game...after giving them their first & final put on notice...stop your CHEATING or be thrown out of tournaments & or game..

why do bullies of every type and stripe always win and take so much away from the rest of us...

That final time they tried the tournaments, there was that notice sent to everyone, that if someone was caught, they would be blocked.. BUT, the suspect had to be caught in the act... Players were asked to take screen shots of suspect scores and send to mods, just saying someone was doing something wrong wasn't enough, you had to have proof....

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Jan 21, 18 9:55 AM
you'll just have to excuse me...

I personally find it... beyond a minor annoyance.. that these CHEATS have held the tournaments hostage and in limbo for so long...

lets be reminded in our here and now we are speaking of a facet to much beloved WORLD WIDE PLAYED GAME...

a facet I personally miss...

why should I have to prove that a person is cheating and concoct that how & why .. that's the DEVELOPER and HIS/HERS STAFF place & position to SAVE US FROM THE CHEATS I think it was wrong to take a facet of this game away from us... what the heck......

damn bullies of every stripe & type always win...what a shame

Edited on 01/21/2018 at 10:27:51 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 21, 18 9:57 AM
susiewastaken wrote:

Hmm. I thought the main glitches were on platforms other than pc...players with impossibly high scores gave it away.

My only personal complaint was high cost of playing again...now if they would just remove the 'play again sooner' feature.

Same problems across all platforms. The PC manipulators apparently were a bit more savvy and just "manipulated" enough to get a winning, but theoretically possible score. On iOS, they didn't take into consideration what the max score could realistically be. And yet it still took several tournaments worth of impossible scores before the tournaments were shut down.

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Jan 21, 18 11:10 AM
Perhaps the best answer for any competition is that the players don't play against each other but rather play for a predetermined score. If players want to cheat, they are only cheating themselves out of some fun.

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

mischievous & curious ???????

[Post New]by Luckypool on Jan 21, 18 12:33 PM
gripes wrote:okay....we have folks who have just started the game, we have folks who have opened their 9th hundred game..( LOL )...

how are they going to earn the avatar from previous C.C.'S ...??????

y ... because I want in on those C.C.'s where I didn't finish them and achieve the avatar .. I don't wanna switch 1 for another...

and ahhhhhhh ..... I miss the tournaments.... give us back the tournaments..

Funny post, and a reason I keep posting on here!

Edited on 01/21/2018 at 12:33:30 PM PST

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Jan 21, 18 12:57 PM
we deserve a solution

I like seeing where I stood in the ranking when the tournament ended.. and looking around at who else played.....

I suspect because we could use our diamonds to change our standings in the rankings so we win diamonds is why the CHEATS ended up costing us the feature...

I get y there were serious complaints... if we can't beat the cheats and some of us really would like the feature brought back.. perhaps the way to get us our prizes for taking part could change..along with changing the y for getting the avatars..

i'm willing to accept just about anything to have the feature back..it was fun to see who was on line amongst us while we all took part...

Edited on 01/21/2018 at 2:05:18 PM PST

Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Howdah on Jan 21, 18 5:01 PM
mdpetdoc wrote:Perhaps the best answer for any competition is that the players don't play against each other but rather play for a predetermined score. If players want to cheat, they are only cheating themselves out of some fun.

This is my opinion as well. The tournaments were impossible for people like me with slow eye hand coordination. I was always in the bottom 25%. I still played whenever there was one during a time I could do it. Many were at times like 3 am my time. So they required people to be logged in at a certain time besides being fast and coordinated. All the other achievements we are competing against ourselves. The tournaments has us competing against thousands of other players.

Aurora378
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Aurora378 on Jan 22, 18 5:27 AM
Perhaps the developers could limit the number of diamonds per month or per quarter that a player could win. After that, they would only be able to play for bragging rights for the remainder of the period.

Imamama
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Imamama on Jan 22, 18 8:32 AM
The “tab” in our games that was for tournaments doesn’t even say tournaments anymore. The devs are probably trying some other games of chance for us to be occupied with.
I personally miss the tournaments. One time I could be in top 10 then next time I could be in the 1100’s. And for me that was ok. It was a great challenge and distraction from endless rounds of the same rooms.

Go to: