bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 10, 10 12:05 AM
Jesse is back at Flux mansion after thwarting the efforts of her nemesis, Veronica, but this time 30 years in the past!

This is a special Collector's Edition early release. The game is scheduled to be released in 2-3 weeks so, the Collector's Edition is for those who can’t wait to travel back in time. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases counts toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

Experience all the exclusive Collector’s Edition extras!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole Collector's Edition

[Post New]by BossBrat on Jun 10, 10 12:16 AM
Another collector's edition! GEE! What about the rest of us?! The last couple of collector's editions I purchased weren't really worth the money, to be honest. Not taking a chance on this one being the same way, so I'll wait for the regular edition.

And a question? Are the collector's editions we buy here the full editions we could probably buy from the creators? Just wondering, because, if they are, why not support the creator of the games when possible? Just a thought.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Jun 10, 10 12:23 AM
Can't afford to pay $20.00 US dollars for one game, that's $24.00 Australian dollars. Sorry no deal!

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jun 10, 10 12:25 AM

Ok, so I have been waiting for the regular editions so far,

but I just LOVED the first of these games!!

I have heard many say that the CE's aren't really worth the extra.

My question: Is this one??

"Extra missions"

More than one? Two? That is pretty much what I am interested in.

The other extras are not important to me.

TIA

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Jun 10, 10 12:26 AM
So let me get this straight, sequels to our favorite games are put out as CEs. Very sneaky of you BFG. I loved the first one so I hope the second one will prove to be worth the extra dollars. will play the demo and report back. Cheers to all.

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Jun 10, 10 12:41 AM
Excellent!That's 2 games I can look forward to getting in the next few weeks - Puppetshow and this one when the standard versions come out!
I can't justify almost £20 for CEs either which is sad coz I love both the first ones

Like BossBrat, I'd be interested to know if the CEs are the versions you get 'in the shops'. Sorry BFG but they would be cheaper, if that's the case.

Still gonna play the trial tho'

Edited on 06/10/2010 at 12:42:21 AM PST

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Jun 10, 10 12:41 AM
BossBrat - Nice idea to support the developer of a game. But if we drop (or minimize) the support to BFG, how long would they be able to offer us all the nice deals we get through them? So you decide

I'd say buying it through BFG is our best bet - it splits the support betweent BFG and the developer. Any other fishies have further thoughts on this that I may be missing?

KIW0612

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 10, 10 12:52 AM
I love it!

I prefer to buy a CE edition, because I am sure that it's a high quality game. If this supports BFG - I am glad to support them.

Mix of HOG, Adventure, and Fracture. Wonderful graphics, intriguing story. The resolution is very high, bright screens, and the objects visible.

Thanks developers! Thanks BF!

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Jun 10, 10 12:56 AM
Great game, Take your time,what is the rush to finish the games so fast? That is why you don't enjoy them!! Relax

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jun 10, 10 1:25 AM
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!! Got everything a game should have, and a rarity of HD settings!
Can't wait for full version to finish dowenloading. I have no prob buying the odd CE version.
I think BFG s offer us so much for a mere £5 daily; I don't mind paying more for an excellent, high quality CE edition now and again.
Cudos to the game developers; if only all the games had this much thought put into them!
In GB pounds a CE edition costs a mere £15...way less than most PC games you buy at online stores. Just compare that to the price of Xbox etc games.

Edited on 06/10/2010 at 1:28:15 AM PST

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Jun 10, 10 1:26 AM
Blackie61958 wrote:Great game, Take your time,what is the rush to finish the games so fast? That is why you don't enjoy them!! Relax

I will definitely buy this game as soon as I replenish my debit card,I only played 20 minutes of the demo, I have to then I will finish the game & buy it!!

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Jun 10, 10 1:28 AM
I've been looking forward to the next installment of Flux Family secrets. So this is another CE that I will probably want to buy. Thanks a lot, BFG!

Seriously, though... When thinking about whether the game is worth the extra, look at what you're getting. I recently bought Royal Envoy CE for $19.99. (Cant remember what that is in £.) For that I got the standard game ($6.99), walkthroughs for every level (strategy guide is another $6.99) and 30 extra levels. So the extra levels cost me $6.01. The extras have become one of my favourite parts of the game, which I have played a lot since I bought it last month.

So I'll probably wait until there's a Daily Deal that I really want before buying this one, like I did with Royal Envoy.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jun 10, 10 1:46 AM
I have waited a long time for this. I loved the first game! Sadly, I guess i will wait for the regular version. The cost is getting harder to come up with. I have no interest in screen savers, wallpapers, a Guide or concept art. That leaves a high cost for an extra mission. I am going to wait and try to forget about this until the regular version is released (sigh).

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Jun 10, 10 2:10 AM
Will definitely buy the regular version as soon as it comes out. Such clear graphics, it is a real pleasure to play. Credit is ready and waiting for this one.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Jun 10, 10 2:33 AM
I beta'd this awhile ago. While I enjoyed it immensely, and not finishing the beta, I'd buy it as regular edition but certainly not as a CE.

[Post New]by gunnhoneydew on Jun 10, 10 2:38 AM
I think $20.00 is a little to much to pay for a game when some of dont have that
kind of money.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jun 10, 10 2:41 AM
Great game. To me all the extras are worth the cost. I have liked all the CE's and have bought this one after 30 minutes play. I like supporting BigFish and rhe Devs who put out games such as this. The built in strategy guide is just great. I am not into writing reviews but I thought I would put in my 2 cents.

Very large file game but I didn't pay attention until I bought and started installing. I am in for a long game and quite some fun.

Edited on 06/10/2010 at 2:51:14 AM PST

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on Jun 10, 10 3:05 AM
Just finished the demo and I loved it! This is an awesome game IMO. Like a few others have said, I'll have to wait for the standard edition. OH! I hate waiting! Now I'm waiting on two games!

shastac2

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Jun 10, 10 4:16 AM
Good morning,

I will purchase this game when I return from work later this evening, but I have a question:

Does this game have fragmented hidden object scenes like the first one?

Thanks in advance for a response,

Don carfixer1957

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jun 10, 10 4:16 AM
I too can't afford and can't see paying the $20.00. Besides I have a Fun Pass on GH which I pay $19.99 a month for and can play all the games I want including the CE editions. "Escape the Lost Kingdom also came out with a CE edition which I am playing now on my Fun Pass. Played Jolly Rover and Fiction Fixers: Adventures in Wonderland CE edition as well on my Fun Pass. So to me the $19.99 a month is worth it since I played about $60.00 worth of games for a set price of $19.99 a month. But that does not mean I would ever give up BFG. This site rocks! All I am saying is that why spend the $20.00 if you don't have to.

Go to: