bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 10, 10 1:27 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole Collector's Edition

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jun 10, 10 2:24 AM
the story starts with a recap of the flux family secrets ripple effect. when you go in and start the game you come face to face with yourself as a child and you must find grandpa so you can return to the future. this is a frog with a mixture of hog. you will find pieces of items then find where they belong, you will also search hidden object scenes. in the rooms you will also see little badges with f/f on them click on them and they will be added to your collection and each one shows how many there are total to get. you have hints that replenish but you can also click on the item and you can see a silhouette of the item, if you need more help you can click on your little girl self and she will also help. there is also a built in strategy guide so you don't have to get out of the game.

graphics are excellent, music actually pretty good. i haven't used a hint as i used the free silhouette hint. mini games so far have been putting together a puzzle, musical where you have to do the color in order, also a slider. so far, mini games not bad. this is an excellent game. besides having a built in strategy guide and the badges, this game also has desktop backgrounds, screen saver, mp3 music, and a 6 mission, 20 screens extra bonus content.

i give this game 5 out of 5.

Edited on 06/10/2010 at 2:25:24 AM PST

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Dee_H on Jun 10, 10 2:57 AM
I beta-tested this game but had tech issues so I didn't get very far. I am thrilled to say I just finished the demo and everything worked great! I did have to change the cursor to custom cursor in order to see it, but while in options mode, I clicked the 'HD' mode and WOW! The graphics were good before, but please, if your laptop or computer screen has HD capabilities, go into the options section and play this game in HD. Just beautiful graphics!

On another note, I think I accidently clicked on a symbol and discovered medals (?) you can collect throughout the game! Reminds me of the morphing objects in Dire Grove. Just an FYI to be on the lookout. I purchased the game, but it must either be very popular or my laptop is running a background security scan because it is taking a very, very long time!

Love the 'free' hints of a silouette of the item you are looking for, that helped me a few times and, so far, has eliminated any need for a real hint. Hit the ? button for the puzzles/minigames if you want instructions. I know it's a great game when I am so immersed that I get booted out of game when the hour expires and I couldn't believe it had been a whole hour! So far, I really like this game and give a big thumbs up!!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jun 10, 10 3:02 AM
OK, I'm sold. It sounds like it has enough extra play for me. Tough to spend this much though, especially when I have two coupons that can't be used for it.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jun 10, 10 3:09 AM
Thanks amj0963 and Dee H. You two have said what I would love to say but don't have the right way to put it. I agree with all you have said. I love these CE's. I think it is taking a long time to install because it is such a large file game. I have fast Internet service but it is still taking a while to download.

Edited on 06/10/2010 at 3:11:53 AM PST

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Jun 10, 10 3:40 AM
Oh dear. I've encountered some tech issues (noted on that thread) but I was finding the game not as challenging as the first one. It may be that the game hasn't 'got going' yet but the puzzles and H.O scenes seemed pretty easy.

I'll try again with the cheaper version when, hopefully, any play problems will have been resolved.

Bboo2
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Bboo2 on Jun 10, 10 3:58 AM
I played demo for a little while and loved what I was seeing. When I downloaded the demo did not take long but it is taking much longer when you purchase the game. I also have fast internet service but find when I have to re=download after purchase it always takes much longer. I just hold my breath till it finishes hoping nothing happens to stop it.
This is one really kool game. Those who have not tried it should at least do the demo.
Good luck and enjoy while you can,,,, It could be later than you think.

xirone
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by xirone on Jun 10, 10 5:37 AM
Played the demo and loved it.
I love frogs and ihogs so this is a must have for me.
Don´t know about the playtime but it look like a good length since the demo stops just before the time traveling beginns and there seem to be a lot of places to visit, or so I hope

[Post New]by carolprint1 on Jun 10, 10 5:46 AM
WHAT A GREAT GAME TO WAKE UP 2!!!!!
one the plus side this game is WONDERFUL. graphics are great the story picks up right where the first one ends. items are blended well into the artwork which is also excellent.

i agree with reviews....they beat me 2 it....no sense in repeating....played 40 min so far & was surprised how quickly the time went.

i didnt notice any pentalies for random clicking and i used a couple of hints only to see how fast the recharged....FAST...not sure if i like the silhouette feature only because it gives you the outline of what needs to go there...would have been better to use a "sparkle"....i need/like to think more when playing games.

i try not to use the guides/walkthroughs...but having them in the game is so NICE...i hate to exit a game to go "cheat" (say duh after looking) and restarting game.

THANKS BF & DEVELOPERS

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Jun 10, 10 6:20 AM
I agree with what Carol said about the silhouette, it would have been more fun to place the object yourself instead of being shown.

gentlegirl
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gentlegirl on Jun 10, 10 7:20 AM
I think the game is great. I am having some problems with that the display change is failing and the specified mode is not supported on this device.

[Post New]by sarge464646 on Jun 10, 10 7:32 AM
I quit the demo after about 30 minutes. It COULD be a great game, but I got tired of the cursor flashing from regular mouse cursor to game cursor in the area with the valves and steam. Lots of lagging and "choppiness", and I have a new laptop, so it's not me
Lately there hasn't been a single game I'd want to use my game credit for.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jun 10, 10 7:58 AM
It could be you. If you don't have the right video card for playing games then it very well could be your machine. Just because we buy a new computer doesn't mean it will work the way we want it to. I have always had my computers built from scratch so I get exactly what I want in them. It may cost allot more money than a store bought one but I don't get all the issues I read about on this game forum. Don't get me wrong, I have had games that have issues and BF fixes them after allot of players complain about them. I'm just saying we can't always assume the game is the problem everytime.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Jun 10, 10 8:03 AM
A really fun game, excellent graphics, good minis, lot's of interaction,lively sound track, some voice overs, good story and an HD option,,,all the ingredients for a great game. Length looks good as well. I like the CE's mainly because the guide is built in. Leaving a game to check out the walkthrough is sorta irritating. To me anyway

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Jun 10, 10 8:17 AM
I agree grabbinbugs! I played the demo and got part way through chapter 2. There is lots to do in this game. Very well put together as far as I got. I closed out and went back in with no problem. The sound effects are optional and personal choice for most of us. The music is hard for me to judge because I was very busy! lol...I'm already intrigued by the story line. So I would keep playing to find out what happened. This series gives you every advantage to help finding your items. There is a magnifier, a silhouette of the item hint and a straight out and out hint finder! Some items are obvious and some well hidden a nice mixture of both.
I personally like the CE's however these developers did such a great job on their regular game waiting is probably fine too.
Paying this price has to be a personal decision.
If you wait I don't think you will be disappointed at all.
Have fun!
Sally

edited for typo

Edited on 06/10/2010 at 8:18:45 AM PST

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Jun 10, 10 8:56 AM
I also Beta tested this and have been impatiently waiting for it's final arrival! Very excited for the HD. Graphics in this game are beautiful. No demo for me...straight to buy!
Woohoo....garden will have to wait....off to play....have a great day fellow fishies.

As a web designer let me add:
multiple involved graphics= large file= longer download.
Patience is it's own reward!

Edited on 06/10/2010 at 9:13:24 AM PST

[Post New]by sarge464646 on Jun 10, 10 9:29 AM
hannah57 wrote:It could be you. If you don't have the right video card for playing games then it very well could be your machine. Just because we buy a new computer doesn't mean it will work the way we want it to. I have always had my computers built from scratch so I get exactly what I want in them. It may cost allot more money than a store bought one but I don't get all the issues I read about on this game forum. Don't get me wrong, I have had games that have issues and BF fixes them after allot of players complain about them. I'm just saying we can't always assume the game is the problem everytime.

I'm not the only one having technical issues with this game and every other game works perfect on my laptop. Some of us don't feel like spending a fortune on their computers, nor should we have to.

[Post New]by Snakey_poo on Jun 10, 10 9:53 AM
I don't normally leave reviews but I do think this game deserves to be an exception.

BTW I do appreciate those people who do leave reviews (I always read them before buying a game).

I enjoyed every minute of this game and will certainly be playing it again. As a fan of the first Flux game I was keen to try this game out and after playing 50 minutes of the demo I just couldn't resist not playing on. The extra 6 levels at the end are great fun and overall I believe the game is very good value for money. The graphics are crisp and the developers have clearly put a lot of work into this game. There's not been much for me to buy on BF lately but today I got this game as well as the CE edition of Puppet Show. I am normally very dubious of CEs and have to be convinced of their value before parting with my cash - in this case, I have not been disappointed. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoyed the first Flux

JeannieO
Catfish
Catfish
1,663 Posts

[Post New]by JeannieO on Jun 10, 10 1:02 PM
Jumping on my soap box just a minute I so wish people would use the corrent links as in for technical issue's or complaints about CE'S or help with certain area's etc. It would make it so nice to open a review thread and just get reviews ...just my opinion LOL Ok Climbing off my soap box hoping I don't fall and break something Earlier I came here and was so diappointed but seems it has been cleaned up some

PRO'S: I loved the first one and this one so far is NOT disappointing me.
Sound matches the game.
Art fantastic (always an issue for me)
The mini games I have played have been different and I have enjoyed them not too hard just right for me. (everyone is different on that)
My hour passed by so fast I could NOT believe time was up, I knew then I had to have it always a sign of a great game for me.
I liked the fact they included a magnifing glass which did help at times.
Loved the little girl help feature a huge ^5 on that one.
I also enjoyed having to collect the award things something extra to look for and a nice addition.
Also LOVED the fact that they included instructions in the mini games as many don't and the fact
that you could click the little girl for extra info during mini games.
Loved the break away **** scene's

CON'S: My trial is over so off to buy just can't wait LOL
It does have a penalty for extra clicking but it is so minor I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet so (sshhhhhh) I want as that means everyone will know I am a clicker

It seems to me they have incorporated a lot of great things with this game I can't wait to get back to playing.

Looks to be a nice LONG game like the first one that is always an issue I am pleased, nothing like a wonderful game you can sink you teeth into and get lost from everyday problems.
Kudo's to the maker they have done a super job with this game.

PS: I thank YOU to all the people who leave reviews as it makes life so much easier up front, I always test for myself but I love to read what other's think also 10-4.

Happy Gaming fishes
Just one little fishes opionion!!
A Winner On This One

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Jun 10, 10 2:26 PM
I am quite sure that the reviewers before me said the same things
as i would.
In brief:
Story interesting, although , maybe I should have replayed
the first game to understand various notes in the Flux House.
Graphics great.
Objecrs hidden cleverly as they should be, no "velcro cheap tricks"
Minigames playable.

The first CE where I have no regrets spending the extra $$.

Go to: