Level 19 - Walkthrough

djjeny
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Level 19 - Walkthrough

[Post New]by djjeny on Jun 10, 10 3:57 AM
1) Plant two lots of carrot seeds in the available plots. Whilst you're waiting for them to grow, make sure you have the following pattern on the full plot thawed by the irrigator:

Row 1 & 6: dig 3, leave a space, dig 4 leave a space, dig 3
Row 2 & 5: leave a space, dig 12, leave a space
Row 3 & 4: leave 2 spaces, dig 4, leave 2 spaces (generator), dig 4, leave 2 spaces,

Your plot should now look like this: (# is space, x is dig)

xxx#xxxx#xxx
#xxxxxxxxxxxx#
##xxxx##xxxx##
##xxxx##xxxx##
#xxxxxxxxxxxx#
xxx#xxx#xxx

2) The gaps at the top and bottom are going to be for sprinklers later, whilst the gaps at the sides are for lights you will add later.

3) Plant 1 bag of beets, 1 bag of corn and 1 more bag of carrots on the remaining dug spots. If you followed my instructions, you should have exactly enough spots for 5 full bags of seeds.

djjeny
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Level 19 - Walkthrough

[Post New]by djjeny on Jun 10, 10 4:01 AM
4) Concentrate on your carrots (as these give you the most money), and make sure to water your crops and keep them fertilized.

5) Buy sprinklers when you can afford them, and put in the gaps at the top and bottom. These should take care of your crops. Also hire 1 picker to assist with your picking. It may take quite a while to get to this step but don't worry, you've got plenty of time.

6) Concentrate on picking your crops and keeping them watered and fertilized. You can hire a fertilizer if you like, or buy bags of fertilizer. Do NOT hire a waterer as they are costly and not needed. Bizarrely, it works out cheaper to buy sprinklers (I'll explain this in another thread).

7) When you've got four sprinklers in the gaps and employed a picker and a fertilizer, buy two lamps to put one either side of the crops. Try and get them as close to the crops as possible and as central as you can to maximise the area they light up. Don't worry about getting a generator yet.

8) Next, save for a cow and upgrade when possible. Whilst your picker and fertilizer take care of your crops, focus on feeding the cow, upgrading, and selling her milk.

9) When you can afford it, buy another cow.

10) Now you can buy a generator. Put it as far to the right of the screen as possible... you won't need to go near it after now.

djjeny
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by djjeny on Jun 10, 10 4:04 AM
11) Money should slowly start coming in now. If you want, you can hire another picker and an animal keeper (although neither is necessary).

12) Purchase a pig when you can afford it, and then save up for a second one. Make sure you upgrade when possible. I know that it is costly to buy animals and their upgrades but I promise you it's worth it.

By this point, I was half-way through my time and my farm consisted of:
- 1 irrigator
- 3 plots of carrots, 1 plot of beets, 1 plot of corn
- 2 pickers
- 1 fertilizer
- 4 sprinklers
- 2 cows
- 2 pigs

13) Wait for the money to slowly drip through. When you've upgraded your 4 animals and you've got 3,000 buy another irrigator and place directly below the first one so that the plots of land touch.

djjeny
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by djjeny on Jun 10, 10 4:09 AM
14) Dig the following pattern:

Row 1: dig whole row
Row 2: leave 2 spaces at either end, dig rest
Row 3: as Row 2 but with the generator in the middle
Row 4: leave 1 space at either end, dig rest
Row 5: leave 1 space, dig 3, leave 1 space, dig 4, leave 1 space, dig 3, leave 1 space
Row 6: dig whole row

It should look like this:

xxxxxxxxxxxx
#xxxxxxxxxxxx#
##xxxx##xxxx##
##xxxx##xxxx##
#xxx#xxxx#xxx#
#xxxxxxxxxxxx#
xxxxxxxxxxxx

djjeny
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by djjeny on Jun 10, 10 4:14 AM
15) Yep, you guessed it, the gaps are for more sprinklers and lights! Plant more carrot seeds (2-3 bags) and 1 bag of whatever you like on dug plots and leave 12 spaces (you're going to plant tulips on these later).

16) Save up for sprinklers and put these in the two gaps near the bottom of your new plot.

17) Save up for more pickers and help out your workers where possible. Now would be a good time to hire an animal worker or two if you haven't already.

18) Buy two sheep and upgrade. You can also choose to buy either 2 more cows or 2 more pigs or one of each so that you have 8 animals in total.

19) Wait for the money to come in: it should take about 10 minutes to get the 10,000 you need. My time meter was about 3/4 gone by the time I could afford the cloth factory.

20) Once you can afford the factory, buy it and then plant your tulip bulbs in the gaps. Also buy a greenhouse. Now... make sure you pick the tulip flowers personally, otherwise your workers will get there first and stand around like morons until they've got a full box, at which point they will dump it in the greenhouse and not the factory. If you don't buy a greenhouse, you risk your workers getting stuck with a half-full (or full) box of tulips and nowhere to put it, so I suggest you get a greenhouse even though it seems counterintuitive.

21) Make sure you fill the factory personally with tulips and keep it stocked up. Your animal workers will automatically fill it with sheep and pigs for you.

djjeny
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by djjeny on Jun 10, 10 4:18 AM
With the factor operational and income from surplus milk, pigs and wool, you should be earning a steady trickle. Don't worry about your time meter, it may well be 1/8th gone but you're almost there!

There is absolutely no point in wasting money on buying more animals at this point. You should have 2 sheep, 2-4 cows and 2-4 pigs. There is no need to buy any more, you need now to start saving.

22) Hire a manager if you haven't already, as well as maxing out your available pickers. Your staff should consist of:

4 pickers
1 animal worker (2 if you like)
1 fertilizer (there is no need for any more)
1 manager

23) Make sure you keep the factory stocked and help out your workers picking and feeding animals. It will take another 10-15 minutes to save up for the next factory.

24) Buy 2 chickens and upgrade.

25) When you can afford to, buy the sausage factory and sit back until the level completes.

Time for completion: I finished this level in about 56 minutes following the method above. I don't see any reason why you can't do the same!

Edited on 06/10/2010 at 4:22:12 AM PST

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Jun 10, 10 2:14 PM
Thanks for this! I'm getting ready to give it a go now! :-)

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

Level 19 - Walkthrough

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Jun 10, 10 2:49 PM
djjeny wrote:1) Plant two lots of carrot seeds in the available plots. Whilst you're waiting for them to grow, make sure you have the following pattern on the full plot thawed by the irrigator:

Row 1 & 6: dig 3, leave a space, dig 4 leave a space, dig 3
Row 2 & 5: leave a space, dig 12, leave a space
Row 3 & 4: leave 2 spaces, dig 4, leave 2 spaces (generator), dig 4, leave 2 spaces,

Your plot should now look like this: (# is space, x is dig)

xxx#xxxx#xxx
#xxxxxxxxxxxx#
##xxxx##xxxx##
##xxxx##xxxx##
#xxxxxxxxxxxx#
xxx#xxx#xxx

2) The gaps at the top and bottom are going to be for sprinklers later, whilst the gaps at the sides are for lights you will add later.

3) Plant 1 bag of beets, 1 bag of corn and 1 more bag of carrots on the remaining dug spots. If you followed my instructions, you should have exactly enough spots for 5 full bags of seeds.

Ok. Are you saying that I need to set another plot via the irrigation system IN ADDITION to the two plots already present? Just asking for clarification.

djjeny
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Level 19 - Walkthrough

[Post New]by djjeny on Jun 10, 10 3:48 PM
Taltam1 wrote:Ok. Are you saying that I need to set another plot via the irrigation system IN ADDITION to the two plots already present? Just asking for clarification.

Hi Taltam1. The instructions you quoted were for the first irrigation plot. If you dig the plots of land according to the instructions just for the area thawed by the irrigation machine already provided at the start of the level, you'll have sufficient space for 5 full bags of seeds to be planted, plus 4 gaps for sprinklers, and space at either side for the lights to be placed later.

Picture here:
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/521/farmcraftlevel19a.png

Edited on 06/10/2010 at 3:50:14 PM PST

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Jun 11, 10 4:09 PM
I love your walkthroughs, djjeny. The walkthrough for this level really helped me. I was playing this for a couple of days and was getting no where fast. Of course, I did not play it fast enough to earn the trophy but if I replay it, I'm sure I can. Thanks!

julesy

djjeny
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by djjeny on Jun 13, 10 4:32 AM
julesyhedgehog wrote:I love your walkthroughs, djjeny. The walkthrough for this level really helped me. I was playing this for a couple of days and was getting no where fast. Of course, I did not play it fast enough to earn the trophy but if I replay it, I'm sure I can. Thanks!

julesy

Thanks, julesy, it's a pleasure to help A lot of the levels you need to play once or twice just to get your head around what you need to do, and then replay in order to try and beat the time and get the all-important trophies so don't worry if you're playing levels several times, god knows I have! Good luck!

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Jun 13, 10 5:18 AM
Sigh.... I'm still working on this level. I'm down to about 2 minutes beyond the trophy time. At the last attempt the animal worker kept taking the pigs to the textile factory instead of the sausage factory.

djjeny
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by djjeny on Jun 13, 10 11:56 AM
Taltam1 wrote:Sigh.... I'm still working on this level. I'm down to about 2 minutes beyond the trophy time. At the last attempt the animal worker kept taking the pigs to the textile factory instead of the sausage factory.

Sometimes you have to dive in there and grab 'em before the workers do... I had a similar problem on a later level where my workers kept taking tulips to the barn instead of the textile factory, so I had to intercept the tulips so I could nab them for the factory.

Shame this game is so buggy!

NutMeg1987
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NutMeg1987 on Jun 14, 10 1:53 PM
I'm still trying to get the trophy on this level...missed it by 20 seconds. Anyway, I did a few things different and I thought they might help someone else. (Not meaning to step on your toes, Djjeny, just offering some suggestions).

Step 3) Instead of planting a bag of corn, I planted 2 more bags of carrots. I think my math is correct that doing so, earns you 75 coins more per 12.

Step 5) I only bought 2 sprinklers and craned them back and forth until I could buy and fully upgrade 2 cows. I did this because sprinklers earn you zero money, while selling 2 cow milk earns you the cash for the two more sprinklers you need. After that, you're getting milk profit sooner. And, one milk pays for a generator for your lamps. I added that and two lamps at this point.

Step 15) I planted one beet, one corn, one tulip, and two carrots. I went ahead and planted the tulips so I wouldn't have to remember them later. I also started picking the tulips myself and stockpiling them for the clothes factory. I use this same strategy with corn for the chickens. Also, once in a while, I try to beat the worker to collecting a piglet and stockpile those for the sausage.

Step 18) I always buy 2 more pigs and fully upgrade since you need pigs for 2 factories. This als helps with my piglet stealing strategy in Step 15.

Step 20) It has been my experience that if you don't have a greenhouse, the pickers don't pick your tulips until the clothing factory is built. Therefore, I do not buy a greenhouse. I do, however, pick tulips myself and stockpile.

Almost everything else, I did exactly by the walkthrough with the following exceptions:

I only hire two pickers because with four, it is really hard to keep the animals fed.

I don't hire a manager because sometimes I give my workers a "timeout." What I mean is, sometimes I'll let my pickers wait to get paid so the animal handlers can catch up on feeding the animals, or so I can stockpile some myself. I also let the animal handlers have a timeout when I'm trying to collect piglets or eggs, or a product to save for the factories.

One other thing that may be just my imagination, and I'm totally willing to be shot down about. A la Farm Frenzy, I'll click the sausage factory repeatedly to try to speed it up. I don't know that I actually speed up the machine, but it seems like I do, and if not, at least I feel like I'm doing something besides sitting there.

NutMeg1987
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NutMeg1987 on Jun 14, 10 1:54 PM
Also wanted to say a big thank you to djjeny. Without your help, I'd have given up before now.

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Jun 14, 10 5:20 PM
Hi, NutMeg1987, I've been doing some of the same things you've noted. I'm still working on the level.... I'll get it soon!

And djjeny, I wouldn't have gotten so far without you! Thanks!

ETA: I just got the trophy for this level! 1:07:12 out of 1:08:20.... I followed djjeny's walkthrough and incorporated switching the sprinklers but that got a bit annoying but still doable. I also planted more carrots and stockpiled eggs. It was that last pig that I almost didn't get on time but I did so I suggest stockpiling pigs, too....

Whewwwww! :-)

Edited on 06/14/2010 at 6:35:57 PM PST

djjeny
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by djjeny on Jun 15, 10 3:48 AM
Hi NutMeg1987, thanks for your kind words about my tips for people (and in other threads). I thought your suggestions were really sensible. At the end of the day, this walkthrough is just the way that *I* managed to do it, it isn't necessarily the best way! I think that I tweaked it a little after replaying a couple of times myself, so y'know! I did notice though that in my game, the workers tried to pick the tulips when there was no greenhouse, so rather than have 4 workers standing around with nothing to do, I put a greenhouse in so they could at least be useful. This game seems quite buggy I guess! Giving your workers a timeout is a great idea: I hadn't thought of it, as I'm always so busy trying to get some cash to put towards the upgrades or factories. There's also nothing to stop you helping out the animal keepers, although giving them a chance to 'do their thing' uninterrupted seems like a good strategy.

Taltam1, glad to hear you made it! These later levels are quite difficult (with 23 the exception - although it's the one that requires you to do the most it has the most generous time limit).

Good luck fellow Farmers!

[Post New]by mrsdbldiamond on Jun 20, 10 2:00 PM
di,
I have tried your walk thru for this level 19 and have tried it like 8 times and I still can not finish in trophy time.
My best was 1hr 17 min . Do you have any other suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. This is only level I can not seem to make trophy on. And thank you for taking time to put walkthroughs for people like me that get stuck sometimes. lol
Thank you,

Schmootoo
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Schmootoo on Jun 29, 10 1:22 PM
Thanks Djjeny - managed to beat the trophy time on my first attempt at using your walkthru' (having tried many times before and failing) 8 seconds to spare! Phew ;P

wmtoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by wmtoo on Jul 3, 10 1:44 AM
Whew! That was a work-out and then I was looking at the time sweating it out! Made it though - thanks djjeny!

Go to: