woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

Is this made for a wide screen?

[Post New]by woodentot on Jun 10, 10 4:25 AM
I don't like the way I have big bands of black top & bottom of my screen. I changed the screen resolution, much smaller screen but at least I can see it all. Not for me with that problem, sorry big fish, I was looking forward to this game.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Is this made for a wide screen?

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 10, 10 4:44 AM
YES!! It fills my widescreen laptop and I got so excited I left to go buy. I have a 15.6 widescreen Toshiba, Win 7 64 bit and so far only one other game does. Most games I have a black border each side and actual game is like on a 12" diag, not 15.

This had a narrow black strip top and bottom until the game actually opened to first scene and it fills my entire screen!! On my older laptop same size some older with Vista some games would stretch and fit but not on this new one There were some slight distortions because of proportional design stretching. I haven't really noticed any distortion on FF2, it looks absolutely beautiful and objects big enough to not squint. FF1 I remember even on my pc monitor objects were hard to see.

HIGH DEF Option too if any of you have HD, there ya go.

Did you go far enough after the opening and dialogue for the main game to open? Then the top and bottom black should go away without changing any settings. I think my default is 1024x768 without changing and when I try to it won't take a change. All a mystery to me. The other that fills my laptop is Fiction Fixers which I bought just for that reason.

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Jun 10, 10 4:55 AM
Thank goodness that I'm not the only one wondering if this game is just made for wide screen, & like you I've played around with screen resolution.....to no avail
I knew this game was coming & I couldn't wait to download the trial. Luckily I tried it out first!
I'm also having problems with it playing very slowly, so I guess it's a chat with Customer Support to see if they can sort it as I can't see anybody else on the forum complaining of this

gentlegirl
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gentlegirl on Jun 10, 10 5:14 AM
I am also having a problem with the screen. It gives me an display error message: Display change failed. The spcified mode is not supported by this device.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jun 10, 10 6:56 AM
I have right clicked on my shortcut for the game and clicked on properties then found where I can change my screen size from normal window to wide screen or whatever is written there on your screen then click apply or ok, that has fixed my screen problems before.

gentlegirl
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gentlegirl on Jun 10, 10 7:29 AM
Thanks but i have tried it and it did not work.

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Jun 11, 10 8:24 AM
(the demo version) - Won't show HD on my laptop (Targa), it just doesn't offer the change, but on the Dell desktop I get offered:

1920 x 1200 True HD
1920 x 1080 True HD
1680 x 1050 Good HD *
1600 x 1200 Good HD

The * is the one I get, and it's also the maximum my GeForce 8600GTS card will handle.

Looks great though

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Jun 11, 10 9:00 AM
I have two computers that have widescreen monitors, I do not get fullscreen with the one that is running Vista. I can correct this by changing the resolution. I do get fullscreen with my other computer that is running Windows 7. I guess I will be playing the game on the Windows 7 computer as it is not worth changing the resolution on the Vista computer for one game.

annita33
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,725 Posts

[Post New]by annita33 on Jun 11, 10 2:56 PM
I am having the same problem the top and bottom are black like the widescreen movies. I hate watching movies like that I sure don't want to play games like that. I contacted CS and they said they are trying to fix the problem. I tried changing the screen resolution I got the full screen but then the whole left side is all black. I will have ti wait to hear back from CS I guess.

jkberlin
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jkberlin on Jun 11, 10 3:16 PM
I had a problem with the screen. I have 19 inch monitor and for some reason the game wants to change my resolution. I have played into the game and the top of my screen, about an inch and half is black. I tried changing resolution to a higher one and then I get items that are tall and thin. I was going to try something else today and when I clicked on the icon on my desktop, the monitor was blinking off and on, had to restart to get rid of it. Tried again and it did the same thing, can't even play it now so I deleted it. It is a shame but something is really wrong in this game. And I had set the resolution back where it normally is yesterday so this off and on stuff is new today. Major problems in this game. I will be demoing all games now before I buy. I even did a Dr. Felix yesterday.

It isn't my PC.

Edited on 06/11/2010 at 3:16:52 PM PST

[Post New]by Riverdancec2 on Jun 11, 10 6:29 PM
annita33 -

I had the same problem but fortunately I have a button on the front of my desktop that allows me to shift anything, pictures, games etc. I used that instead of changing the resolution.

What a RELIEF to discover others having the same problem.

[Post New]by lostsoulkiara on Jun 11, 10 8:00 PM
I am having the same problem ,its funny worked great for the demo then I bought it and have had nothing but troubles .I changed screen resolution ,installed ,uninstalled ,couldn't go down the stairs .I sent a file to dr fix it still nothing .

Go to: