level 4-8 can't be completed before nightfall

[Post New]by bradhig on Jun 10, 10 5:44 AM
I got to the point of having a couple of snow drifts before the bridge and no torches were lit but no strategy ever works for me. There are times I am stuck waiting for resources to appear and fill up.

Re:level 4-8 can't be completed before nightfall

[Post New]by kitkat1978 on Jun 28, 10 1:34 PM
Same here....it's simply impossible.

[Post New]by carol48192 on Jul 3, 10 11:39 AM
it took me ten tries but i got the laterns lit is there a part 2 to this game

[Post New]by punkstammy on Jul 9, 10 9:49 AM
It can be done before nightfall. Just very hard and with absolutely no time to spare. I found a good walkthrough that helped, but you just have to be fast. Where I was going wrong was I didn't realize the ghost only blocked the two off paths, so get those rocks done. Also, build up the fishing hut as soon as possible, you will need 3 workers also and use the fast walk power up as much as you can. Man it was hard. Took me several days of nonstop play before I did it.

Grannygrim
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Grannygrim on Mar 25, 13 5:26 AM
It took me many many tries to do this but it is possible. I kept coming out of it and going back another day until surprise, surprise I did it. I cannot explain what I did apart from using the spare man in your bonus thing and upgrading all the sawmill, farm etc. Good luck

KimK27
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by KimK27 on Jun 1, 13 4:35 PM
I'm still working on this one. Seems like my biggest problem is running out of gold, but I've found that when I light a torch, more pots of gold show up where I've already collected them. So that's my current strategy, but still have to move faster. Have a feeling this will be like a couple of others - several tries and finally get it just barely before nightfall.

KimK27
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by KimK27 on Jun 7, 13 8:20 AM
It CAN be completed before nightfall, but boy, it's a tough one. I finally got to the point where I didn't actually think I could do it, so maybe that helped for a more relaxed approach. I did as someone else suggested - build up the sawmill to the max before building on anything else - then the fishing operation to level 2, then the farm to level 2, fishing all the way to 3, then the bridge (had to wait just a bit for resources), clear everything to the ghosties, then the temple, clear the 2 rock piles before the polar bear, then the barracks. I built the first upgrade to worker quarters when I had enough wood but didn't need to build the temple or barracks just yet; same for getting the farm to level 3. Probably the most important thing I found was to clear the way to the torches farthest away and not wait until all else was done before lighting those that took longer to get to. This is definitely a difficult level, so be patient with yourself and try to use your fast work, bonus worker, and quick feet wisely.

Go to: