cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

Today's DD 1/22/18

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Jan 22, 18 2:14 PM
The best aspect of this game (from the only one chapter demo) is the graphics. Why this is categorized as a HOG is beyond me because it is a puzzle heavy, adventure game with few hos put in. I counted 7 puzzles (which you can skip) and 3 hos..one was interactive....small box ones very lacking.

You spend a great deal of your time collective inventory and they accumulate in your inventory. You encounter many things that require an inventory item, often times more than one item is needed ...your inventory is full...and you don't have the item or enough items needed...you acquire it or them later on in many cases...not fun and becomes very frustrating. Inventory is also required and used for puzzles...and there are items you have to combine. Many times I had so many inventory items and none of the ones I needed. It is very taxing. One of the inventory items used which made no sense was a weathervane to open up a crack in the wall...what?

A medallion is used, although not very much...at least in the demo. We could do without those as well as all of the collecting of too many inventory items, going back and forth to complete tasks. This was not a well balanced game and did not flow well. I found it difficult at times and tedious. I was using the hint more than I would like and whenever you start doing that, it is a clear sign you are not enjoying a game.

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Re:Today's DD 1/22/18

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Jan 22, 18 4:18 PM
Based on the completed game: I actually enjoyed the demo for this game (CE version) enough to purchase it despite knowing in advance that there was a recurring mini-game in it that was going to be a problem for me, due to the way it was presented. Unfortunately, the game failed to hold my interest over the long haul; it took me quite a while to finish it, & I did so w/o much enthusiasm. This was probably due at least in part to my not being able to play that mini-game, but even w/ that taken into consideration, it made so little impression on me that I don't even remember how it ended. As a Daily Deal, it's probably alright, but I would definitely do the demo first to check out that mini-game, as it involves wobbling figures displayed against a rotating background, which is why I couldn't play it; it was hard enough on my eyes that it made me headachy. O.O

Go to: