I think I give up

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

I think I give up

[Post New]by ajuma on Jun 10, 10 9:27 AM
I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for FS2. I check this forum and their site regularly. I check my email and my spam. After 5 months, I give UP!!!

I LOVE FS, but I'm getting tired of waiting.

I KNOW that Brian has been very helpful and communicative in the past, but after 4+ months of nothing, I'm kind of wondering if they've all abandoned ship and are leaving us waiting and hoping.

Subsoap: If you can't seem to reach a deal with other developers, why the HECK can't you just release it yourself???????

Re:I think I give up

[Post New]by lillyalex2003 on Jun 10, 10 3:09 PM
I kinda feel the same way right now-I mean we haven't heard anything in almost 3 months-and the last thing they said was that it would be released "very soon." I have just accepted it will never be released at this point.

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jun 10, 10 7:02 PM
He told me there have been many things holding the game up and I think the agreement with other sites has been reached already. It now has something to do with them changing the way they are releasing the game.

I suppose that means they arent releasing 1 Chapter each month now. Not sure if that is correct or not but it is my assumption on the matter since they said they changed the way they are releasing it.

I am pretty sure they still have all the Chapters but not sure what the hold up is now. I was told on April 4th it would be very soon, another person said they were told at the beginning of May it would be very soon.

I have had to just find other things and games to occupy my time. I still check Big Fish boards, my email and Subsoaps site daily, but I just have accepted it will be out when its out and me being impatient wont make it go faster.

I do understand everyones impatientness because it is an awesome game, but Brain told me there were many things that held it up and he didnt want to come on here making tons of excuses by listing all the many reasons.

He said the wait would be well worth it so I am taking him at his word and still will get it when its out.

Edited on 06/10/2010 at 9:49:12 PM PST

mistybear
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by mistybear on Jun 21, 10 2:07 PM
Is there still no word about the release of the game or the newsletter giving us information? I haven't given up but am beginning to wonder if there really is a second game or not, we have been waiting for 4 months now.
Really would like to get the game, as it would give us something different to play.

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jun 22, 10 3:54 AM
If the game is many more months away and the newsletter is ready to be read, I would like to at least see the updated newsletter in my email. Only if the newsletter is finished. If it is not thats ok, but if at least the newsletter is finished, that would be a great thing to have right about now.

I was told in the beginning of April it would be very soon, that was close to 3 months. I dont know if thats very soon, maybe soon but not very soon. I have no problem waiting longer for FS2 if I had the newsletter to read. If they are finished with the newsletter I dont see what it would hurt to at least email the newsletter but I guess they have their reasons. Doesnt make it any easier waiting for FS2 when there is no news at all for so many months.

Even if FS2 was a Christmas 2010 release I could wait, but the not knowing anything new for 3-4 months is the hard thing.

I will just keep checking the Big Fish Forum, Subsoaps site for any new info and my email daily for the newsletter, with my fingers crossed. If Subsoap members are reading this, Thanks for FS , FS2 and any game you make in the future.

Edited on 06/22/2010 at 3:56:18 AM PST

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jun 24, 10 1:10 PM
Subsoap shouldn't have said anything to "tease" us about an upcoming FS2 and then leaving us all thinking about it and waiting for it. I believe it's been 3/4 of a year since we first heard about FS2 coming. Now that's just cruel...

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jun 24, 10 10:15 PM
carolinacat

They originally intended in having it come out Dec 2009 but some things made it push to Feb 2010, then March 2010 and then they keep saying very soon.

First it was issues with Big Fish financial team and Subsoaps financial team coming to an agreement before they could legally release the game. All other websites had agreements made a long time before Big Fish Games financial team made their agreement with Subsoaps financial team.

Then Subsoap said there were technical issues stopping the release, then they said there were several more issues that popped up unexpectedly but they didnt want to name all of the reasons for the hold up because they didnt want it to seem like they were making tons of excuses.

My husband emailed them the other day and they told him they hoped to get the game and a detailed newsletter up in the next week or so. But remember they told my husband they "hope" so it isnt definite.

They were releasing 1 Chapter a month, and they said the last reason for the hold up was they were changing the way they were releasing the game and the changes would be worth the wait.

Edited on 06/24/2010 at 10:16:06 PM PST

[Post New]by starbaby0025 on Jun 25, 10 12:19 PM
I emailed Subsoap the other day and was told the newsletter would be out in the next couple of days. I specifically asked if it was coming out this year or not. My fingers are crossed...

~starbaby~

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jun 25, 10 5:54 PM
starbaby0025

My husband emailed them a couple days ago and they told him they were hoping to get the game and a detailed newsletter released by next week. Fingers crossed it will be before July.

[Post New]by lillyalex2003 on Jun 25, 10 10:06 PM
At this point I have heard them say "in the next...., soon, very soon, really soon etc so many times I am not holding my breath that it will be released any time soon. I have decided I am not even going to mess with it anymore-if it comes out that's great and if it doesn't oh well.

Subsoap
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Subsoap on Jun 28, 10 6:30 AM
Hi Everyone,

I apologize for my absence in these forums for so very long.

We have been working very hard for more than a year now on the next FS game. I hope that what we are planning to do won't disappoint. The first version of the next FS game will be out very "soon." I know I've said soon a lot... but I meant it! It's just that things get delayed and plans get changed and then what I once thought would be soon turns out to be later. Now honestly I can say absolutely soon (fingers crossed) we'll have something out in the next few days and a newsletter to cover it all.

Best,
Brian

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jun 28, 10 11:19 AM
I am so glad to hear the news. If the game is out this week, I will have to wait until July 3rd to buy it because that is when we get paid. But even if its out before I can buy it thats fine.

This is very exciting news, I am so looking forward to this and any game you make.
Thanks for taking the time to make these games and thanks for putting up with my and everyone's impatience.

Its just such an awesome game,

Thanks again.

Amanda.

[Post New]by lillyalex2003 on Jun 28, 10 5:24 PM
I hope nothing else happens to delay it and that this time " a couple of days" really means a couple of days.

Thank you for giving us an update!

[Post New]by sunbeam163 on Jun 28, 10 11:35 PM
YEAH!

[Post New]by lillyalex2003 on Jul 3, 10 2:35 PM
Has anyone got the newsletter? I know Brian said on Monday or Tuesday that it would be coming out in a couple of days but I haven't seen it or anything.

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jul 3, 10 6:01 PM
It's been 5 days, but I would give them a little longer. They said they hoped to get it out in the next couple of days. Plus it is around the 4th, they all may have plans to have a BBQ with family and friends, fireworks and they may be gone a couple days to friends and family for the holiday.

[Post New]by lillyalex2003 on Jul 3, 10 8:57 PM
That's what I was thinking-just wanted to make sure it wasn't something with my email-I have been having problems with nonspam stuff going to my spam folder-which then deletes them automatically.

Hope it is soon-I will start working a lot of ot at my office soon so won't have time to play if it doesn't come out here soon.

Subsoap
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Subsoap on Jul 5, 10 10:15 AM
Please accept my apologies for the delay. It will be a few more days. Independence day was yesterday, and the two days before were my sibling's birthdays.

Brian

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jul 5, 10 9:55 PM
Thats ok, as long as we hear from you thats great. Hope you had a happy 4th.

If its out by the 9th I will be able to get it. If its before the 9th, I will just have to wait a couple more days.

I am so excited.

lidybel
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by lidybel on Jul 10, 10 7:21 AM
I hope tomorrow

Go to: