Welcome to Casebook forum

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Casebook forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 27, 08 11:00 PM
Welcome to Casebook forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Casebook players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

becca0111
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Welcome to Casebook forum

[Post New]by becca0111 on Oct 28, 08 3:11 AM
how long does this take to download the art of murder took like 5 hours and this 1 is bigger

solarsarah
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by solarsarah on Oct 28, 08 3:20 AM
Downloaded yesterday and installed. Couldn't launch game. I am awaiting tech support response.

Catrin72
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by Catrin72 on Oct 28, 08 3:30 AM
Re:Casebook

[Post New]by bfgErie on Oct 27, 08 9:47 AM
For Windows XP users experiencing the WIC Component error, you can download and install the WIC Component from Microsoft and it should take care of this problem. The file you want to download and install is called "wic_x86_enu.exe" You can find this program here:

Windows Imaging Component

If your virus protection program states that it has detected a virus in the program, please note that all of our games are completely virus free. You can find more information about what to do in this case by going to this help page article:

Virus messages

If you find that these fixes to not correct the problem. Please contact our technical support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "Need Tech Support" link at the right of this page.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/27/2008 09:48:04

This was the post by bfgErie. The original post is in the 'Casebook' thread in Chit-Chat corner. The links work there.

Edited on 10/28/2008 at 3:32:11 AM PST

icaz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by icaz on Oct 28, 08 6:23 AM
from where i can download the game casebook?

[Post New]by Tatianna_1 on Oct 28, 08 6:51 AM
You can DL it here under large file adventure. My question is how do you get the the info bout where the kidnappers going next? I've taken pics of everything but a few bricks that it constantly says are too far away. :/

[Post New]by Figgie on Oct 28, 08 2:00 PM
Anyone know if the new build is ready to download yet? The one that will take care of the WIC problem with service pack 3?
I don't want to waste bandwidth on another download that will still have issues. Thanks

cyndisa
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by cyndisa on Oct 28, 08 3:48 PM
BF says they will post the info in the Casebook forum, when the patched version is available. So keep an eye on this forum!

krissnook
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by krissnook on Oct 28, 08 4:47 PM
I'm consfused when the new patch is released which forum exactly will that be in
Forums Home, All Game Forums or the Chit Chat corner. There are posts in each tab, so I want to make sure I check the right one. I have dial-up available only to me, I hope to be able to get this before the Octoberfest ends and it could take until the 31st to download.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Oct 28, 08 6:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

We are still working on getting a new build for this game to fix the WIC Compenent errors some users are experiencing. Once we have a new version available, we will post a notice on the Casebook forum. We apologize for the trouble and we hope to have a new version available very soon.

bfgErie

montysgirl
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by montysgirl on Oct 28, 08 9:37 PM
I had the very same problem with the WIC component, got that sorted out now when I try to launch it I get a message saying I need directX 9.0 and some graphic card update that apparently cant be downloaded, it needs to be changed by getting a upgraded graphics card! Arrrrrgh its been days trying to get to play this game

taraddt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by taraddt on Oct 28, 08 10:04 PM
I brough the game and I also need the wic_x86_enu.exe installer where can I get it I went to Microsoft and looked for it and got something like it but when I downlorded it and restarted my computer and tred the game it still did not work....HELP

[Post New]by Figgie on Oct 29, 08 5:35 AM
Someone on another forum posted...
For the tech savvy amongst us, I found a fix for the WIC problem on another forum (MS XPS team blog). Just delete the following files from c:\windows\system32

WindowsCodecs.dll
WindowsCodecsExt.dll
WMPhoto.dll
PhotoMetadataHandler.dll

Then run the wic_x86_enu.exe

Worked for me as the game wouldn't run on my machine with XP service pack 3. Now working & looks great can't wait to get stuck into it

So.. I decided to try it
Results..

IT WORKED FLAWLESSLY!! Only I did not delete the files, but cut & pasted them to a temp folder on another drive to replace later if needed. (I hate deleting dll files since I never know what program needs/uses them). Yes, the wic_x86_enu.exe backed up the registry, created a restore point, installed and replaced the missing files I removed, and all is working just fine for me after I redownloaded the game again overnight and installed this morning. I played it for at least 30 mins with absolutely no problems. Thanks poster for the fix !!!!

[Post New]by queenblaize007 on Oct 29, 08 12:36 PM
This is so frustrating.

I want to play this game so badly and it will still not work.

[Post New]by Jen_100 on Oct 29, 08 3:26 PM
Figgie wrote:Someone on another forum posted...
For the tech savvy amongst us, I found a fix for the WIC problem on another forum (MS XPS team blog). Just delete the following files from c:\windows\system32

WindowsCodecs.dll
WindowsCodecsExt.dll
WMPhoto.dll
PhotoMetadataHandler.dll

Then run the wic_x86_enu.exe

Worked for me as the game wouldn't run on my machine with XP service pack 3. Now working & looks great can't wait to get stuck into it

So.. I decided to try it
Results..

IT WORKED FLAWLESSLY!! Only I did not delete the files, but cut & pasted them to a temp folder on another drive to replace later if needed. (I hate deleting dll files since I never know what program needs/uses them). Yes, the wic_x86_enu.exe backed up the registry, created a restore point, installed and replaced the missing files I removed, and all is working just fine for me after I redownloaded the game again overnight and installed this morning. I played it for at least 30 mins with absolutely no problems. Thanks poster for the fix !!!!

Does this resolution fix the issue with the Directx and Shade error? Because i KNOW that's not the case with my system. I play WoW online and have up to date Vid Card and Shader. I never had the WIC issue; just the aforementioned. Thanks in advance

I NEED HELP !!! PLEASE :)

[Post New]by spacystacy66 on Oct 30, 08 8:37 AM
I AM PLAYING THE GAME CASEBOOK AND I HAVE ALL THE PHOTOS AND BEEN EVERYWHERE AND I THINK I HAVE LINKED ALL OF THE PHOTOS, IF THE BOMB SHELTER IS THE LAST PLACE, THEN ALL I NEED TO DO IS SOLVE IT BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW...................CAN ANYONE HELP ME ????????????

THANK YOU

Edited on 10/30/2008 at 8:38:51 AM PST

I NEED HELP !!! PLEASE :)

[Post New]by linzi2008 on Oct 30, 08 9:02 AM
could u please tell me how to get out of the refinery

[Post New]by maxwell013 on Oct 31, 08 5:09 PM
how long has the WIC problem been going on. I don't want to uninstall the dang game again. IT TAKES SO LONG TO DOWNLOAD

Edited on 10/31/2008 at 5:12:20 PM PST

[Post New]by Betty1640 on Nov 1, 08 9:45 AM
Hi everyone, I tried the fix from "Figgie" via Jen 100 and I didn't even have to delete or reload the game Casebook, It worked beautifully. I have not experienced any problems with this game.

inkblots
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by inkblots on Nov 1, 08 10:27 AM
Betty1640 wrote:Hi everyone, I tried the fix from "Figgie" via Jen 100 and I didn't even have to delete or reload the game Casebook, It worked beautifully. I have not experienced any problems with this game.

What fix was that?

Go to: