nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Daily Deal

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Jan 23, 18 12:48 PM
Based on the demo: I'm typing this as the game is downloading after purchasing, so obviously the demo made a sufficiently good impression on me. My playtime was 82 minutes, & I estimate only about 5 of that was wasted trying to figure out how to get where I was trying to go (the map is pretty much useless in that regard, though it does show active areas). So far, there's been a nice balance of FROGs & mini-games, & I've been enjoying both. The FROGs are loaded w/ glitz, as is typical for BT's rendition of this series; the mini-games have been varied & fun. The storyline seems fine, & some interesting characters have been introduced that I find myself wanting to know more about. As far as some criticisms I've read about the various inventory items all looking alike, I personally have had no trouble so far telling them apart. If the remainder of the game doesn't hold up to the standard of the demo, I'll be back to say that , but so far, so good.

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Re:Daily Deal

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Jan 23, 18 7:39 PM
Update: Having now completed the game, I thoroughly enjoyed most aspects. It's worth noting that some of the mini-games involved a degree of "by guess & by gosh" solving, but I was able to solve them all, so they're definitely doable if you have the patience for that sort of thing. I was also able to work all the FROGs w/o having to use any hints, although there is the occasional tiny fragment to find.

The only real source of aggravation for me was the map, which made getting around much more difficult than it needed to be. You can use the hint to transport, & in future I'll do that, but the first time I play a DP game, I like to challenge myself to complete it w/o using the hint at all, so that wasn't an option this time.

With the above caveats thus given, I highly recommend doing the demo, & seeing what you think...it's fairly representative of the game overall, so you should have no problem knowing if you'll like the game or not, based on it. Happy gaming, all.

Go to: