bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

UPDATE: New Build Posted at top of Game Forum

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jun 10, 10 5:45 PM
UPDATE: NEW BUILD POSTED CLICK HERE FOR A DIRECT LINK

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

NOTE: If your game is crashing immediately upon launch, the known solution is to download an update for your video card. For more information please see our post here.

Edited on 06/16/2010 at 12:00:24 PM PST

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Re:Post any Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Jun 10, 10 7:45 PM
I was having problems with a jerky and lagging cursor. The solution for me was NOT to select the custom cursor. I hope this helps.

mum26
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post any Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by mum26 on Jun 10, 10 8:38 PM
I downloaded the trial and can't get that to work at all, it keeps on going back to the 'play again' in the game manager, why are the new games causing so many problems, we never had these problems before, there's an old say, if it aint broke, DON'T fix it, but it seems to me that the game developers are trying to do things that don't allow games to play games anymore unless they have brand new systems, with brand new everything. My computer is totally up to date, I have sent a my system information to dr felix a few times and no new resolutions have been forthcoming. I really feel that big fish game developers need to step back and give us games that work. This is becoming too frequent and if you can play the game, good for you, but I will not be buying too many more games from here I think, so sorry to say, but the run problems are all to frequent and I am not in a position where I can just go out and by a new system or new cards, etc, etc. Please developers, consider everyone when developing games, I love hog's, but finding it harder and harder to get them to run, it's not fair.

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Jun 10, 10 8:41 PM
What I thought was the fix for a lagging cursor isn't working after all. Mum26, I totally agree with you!

jeffory
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by jeffory on Jun 10, 10 9:07 PM
I played the demo and it worked just fine but when I bought the game and it went back to where you go down the stairs in the library it will not go downstairs it will not do anything except give me the blue clouds for clicking too many times.......

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 10, 10 9:31 PM
I have HD monitor and graphics card - a resolution of 1680 x 1050 and this HD thing sure don't work for me! Even with HD turned off the menu is black and white lines.
My drivers are not going to get any more updated then they are already no matter how many times I am told to update them,

I have an ATI Radeon X1600Pro graphics card - the problem is more likely this game is not programmed compatible to my card.

So - I guess I have to get a refund to resolve this- sigh!!!

scrollingmama
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by scrollingmama on Jun 10, 10 11:49 PM
jeffory wrote:I played the demo and it worked just fine but when I bought the game and it went back to where you go down the stairs in the library it will not go downstairs it will not do anything except give me the blue clouds for clicking too many times.......

Ditto

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Jun 11, 10 12:16 AM
I had the same problem after I bought the game. It wouldn't let me go down the stairs.
I started a new game with a new profile, now it works fine.

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Jun 11, 10 12:59 AM
bf i dont how you did itso fast.my now works justwant to say great job &big big thank you i ammmmmmmmmmmm back to happy happy. hope it works all the other fishes too

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Jun 11, 10 1:34 AM
I didn't see my problem yet and wonder if I am the only one. I downloaded the trial to try before I buy and the game came to the install part and the next thing I know it was starting to download the game again. No warning came up or anything. So now I am downloading again and this time I will watch it carefully to see what is going on. I have a good graphic card Nivida 8800 so I know that is not the problem.

mum26
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by mum26 on Jun 11, 10 1:51 AM
Right, I have totally uninstalled and reinstalled this game, the demo version, followed each and every tip in the forum here from each individual heading, I went through every one of them, tried everything suggested and I still CAN'T get the game to run, when I click on the game through the game manager, nothing but nothing happens. So sad when game developers don't think of everyone, and if this game was tested on many different machines, as they say, well, mine is fairly new, all drivers are up to date and I have other games playing fine. Disappointed doesn't describe how I feel as I was so looking forward to playing this game, especially as it's been quite a while since a hog has come out, not into match three's or time management, too boring for me. Guess I have to wait again. Please Big Fish, don't ask me to again send a report of my system to Dr Felix, done that three times already, I run windows 7 and up until now everything ran well.

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Jun 11, 10 3:24 AM
I got stuck in Chapter 7 - Antiquities.

After opening the crate with the bolt cutters, a cylinder appeared. However instead of clicking the cylinder, I happened to click on the little girl. When her message window disappeared, I clicked on the cylinder, but nothing happened.

The cylinder was just floating there, not responding to clicks.

I quit the game then restarted it. But the cylinder was gone. It was not in the scene, nor in my inventory, nor in the white space. So I got stuck and couldn't do anything more.

I played with a new profile, and the glitch did not repeat.

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Jun 11, 10 3:47 AM
govegril wrote:I have HD monitor and graphics card - a resolution of 1680 x 1050 and this HD thing sure don't work for me! Even with HD turned off the menu is black and white lines.
My drivers are not going to get any more updated then they are already no matter how many times I am told to update them,

I have an ATI Radeon X1600Pro graphics card - the problem is more likely this game is not programmed compatible to my card.

Goveril, I have the same graphics card as you & have been told by Tech Support that it's not compatible with this game! Pity. BUT it seems that the developers are working on this & there may be a resolution in the future so keep your eyes open for updates, fingers crossed as it looks good.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Jun 11, 10 4:10 AM
I am back again and tried to install this on my new laptop that has Nivida Geforce 9400 video card. What is happening now I have no mouse! I can't get to the option screen only to sign in and can't even hit the check mark to approve the profile. Anyone else have the solution? Oh and I have vista 32 home premium. The other problem as stated is on the dell desk top nivida 8600 it downloaded fine but it got stuck on the setting up for 20 minutes I waited and even shut off my avast virus protection. Come on game developers there is a major flaw in this game for many of us. Please BFG get them to fix it fast. I bought the other one and wanted to buy this one also.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 11, 10 4:15 AM
tribrach wrote:
govegril wrote:I have HD monitor and graphics card - a resolution of 1680 x 1050 and this HD thing sure don't work for me! Even with HD turned off the menu is black and white lines.

Goveril, I have the same graphics card as you & have been told by Tech Support that it's not compatible with this game! Pity. BUT it seems that the developers are working on this & there may be a resolution in the future so keep your eyes open for updates, fingers crossed as it looks good.

Thanks so much for letting me know tribarch - that would be great if they could resolve it for our cards - I will hang in there for an update with you

[Post New]by cbardezbain on Jun 11, 10 5:04 AM
mum26 wrote:I downloaded the trial and can't get that to work at all, it keeps on going back to the 'play again' in the game manager, why are the new games causing so many problems, we never had these problems before, there's an old say, if it aint broke, DON'T fix it, but it seems to me that the game developers are trying to do things that don't allow games to play games anymore unless they have brand new systems, with brand new everything. My computer is totally up to date, I have sent a my system information to dr felix a few times and no new resolutions have been forthcoming. I really feel that big fish game developers need to step back and give us games that work. This is becoming too frequent and if you can play the game, good for you, but I will not be buying too many more games from here I think, so sorry to say, but the run problems are all to frequent and I am not in a position where I can just go out and by a new system or new cards, etc, etc. Please developers, consider everyone when developing games, I love hog's, but finding it harder and harder to get them to run, it's not fair.

[Post New]by cbardezbain on Jun 11, 10 5:08 AM
I am having the same problem...I clicl on play and it goes back to game manager and says i have 60 min of trial left. Shame, i really liked the last "Flux Family" game.

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Jun 11, 10 5:33 AM
OH NOOO!!! I've been waiting so long for this game and now it seems I won't be able to play it! I almost went right ahead and bought the CE but I'm glad I tried it first.

The game seemed to install normally, but when I started the game I got a box that said "Display Change Failed - The specified mode is not supported by this device". I clicked "Okay" and the game seemed to start normally. I played for 15 or 20 minutes, then decided to look at the Options menu. When I clicked out of there the game literally disappeared! When I tried to uninstall, it told me the game was running, but it didn't even show up in task manager. I had to shut down the computer to stop the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but that didn't make any difference.

My computer is a fairly ordinary Dell laptop running Vista. I can only think that somehow the HD capability is messing up computers that don't have this... I sure hope these bugs can be fixed, because I really want to play this game!

qwerty4
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by qwerty4 on Jun 11, 10 6:31 AM
I downloaded the new Flux but did not play at all. When I went to play, the game manager had shut itself down. When I opened the manager again, the message appeared that the trial period had ended. How can it have ended when I didn't even open the game? I have tried the other Flux games and have purchased one. Could that be the problem? Any suggestions?

cpurcell
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by cpurcell on Jun 11, 10 7:14 AM
CANT GET THIS TO WORK i HIT PLAY NOW AND IT CLICKS BACK TO THE SAME SCREEN ONLY THIS TIME i HAVE LESS TIME LEFT, i HAVENT EVEN STARTED SO HOW CAN i HAVE USED THE MINUTES, HAVE DOWNLOADED IT A FEW TIMES WITH NO LUCK,

Go to: