FlashKnockOut
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

Game wont open--get up error message

[Post New]by FlashKnockOut on Oct 28, 08 2:43 AM
When I try to open the downloaded game I only get up an error message.
" The WIC component must be installed before the game will run. Try running one of the installers that came with the game."
Then the game closes.
I will try to download the game again and see if the same thing happens.
I wonder if anyone else had the same problem.

becca0111
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Game wont open--get up error message

[Post New]by becca0111 on Oct 28, 08 2:48 AM
how long does this game take to download cos the art of murder took like 5 hours for me to download it and this 1 is bigger then that

Muam
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Muam on Oct 28, 08 3:01 AM
" The WIC component must be installed before the game will run. Try running one of the installers that came with the game."

I got the same message.

Catrin72
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by Catrin72 on Oct 28, 08 3:26 AM
There are a couple other Casebook threads that address the WIC issue in Chit-Chat Corner.
Some people were able to update that and then successfully run the game.

deelberger
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by deelberger on Oct 28, 08 3:56 AM
My game won't open at all! Nothing happens when I click on it. I even uninstalled and then reinstalled the darned thing and it still does nothing when I try to play it. I don't even get an error message. This is the 3rd game I've had trouble with in the last few days. The others, Neptunia and Green Valley: Fun on the Farm have different issues. Neptunia gives me an access error (which is strange since I've played it before on this same computer) and the other runs but the screen is all jumbled up. I can't even get in touch with tech support - when I try to do a live chat, it just sits there, searching for rep. Very frustrating...anybody have the same issues??? If so, were they resolved???

Dee

FlashKnockOut
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by FlashKnockOut on Oct 28, 08 4:11 AM
deelberger wrote:My game won't open at all! Nothing happens when I click on it. I even uninstalled and then reinstalled the darned thing and it still does nothing when I try to play it. I don't even get an error message. This is the 3rd game I've had trouble with in the last few days. The others, Neptunia and Green Valley: Fun on the Farm have different issues. Neptunia gives me an access error (which is strange since I've played it before on this same computer) and the other runs but the screen is all jumbled up. I can't even get in touch with tech support - when I try to do a live chat, it just sits there, searching for rep. Very frustrating...anybody have the same issues??? If so, were they resolved???

Dee

Go to " Need Tech Support?" on right side of this forum and then click "Contact Customer Support" also on right side. Then fill inn whats the problem and send it to BF.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 28, 08 4:42 AM
deelberger wrote:My game won't open at all! Nothing happens when I click on it. I even uninstalled and then reinstalled the darned thing and it still does nothing when I try to play it. I don't even get an error message. This is the 3rd game I've had trouble with in the last few days. The others, Neptunia and Green Valley: Fun on the Farm have different issues. Neptunia gives me an access error (which is strange since I've played it before on this same computer) and the other runs but the screen is all jumbled up. I can't even get in touch with tech support - when I try to do a live chat, it just sits there, searching for rep. Very frustrating...anybody have the same issues??? If so, were they resolved???

Dee

Hi Dee

When you go into live chat mode you will get a rep. I got them when I needed them and they were fantastic. Yes it may take awhile, I have waited a half hour 45 minutes before you get one but it's well worth the wait. You will notice that in the top left corner like you said it says "Searching for Rep" but if you look in the middle part of your screen you will if I remember correctly something about being qued and a number beside it. Well that number is the number of people Big Fish has to serve before they get to you. Tech support like I said is fantastic here. I got a man by the name of Gunnar the last time and he not only served my problem but sent me an email where you can contact them back if the issue is still persisting. My friend got another one by the name of Jacob who was the same way. Big Fish really does care about their customers. I have been with them when they were under a different name. So just be patient and it will work out with tech support I promise. They are serving a very high volume of customers and doing a fantastic job. I really applaud them for the wonderful job they're doing. Their tech support is friendly and they love to joke with ya which really makes it nice. Just give them a chance and you will see what I mean. Take care and God bless

Sassy

Soifeas
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Soifeas on Oct 28, 08 6:17 AM
I've downloaded this game twice now and I get nothing. When I click to start/launch the game it does absolutely nothing.

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Oct 28, 08 4:29 PM
Oh good.... now I just hope the game is worth the wait.... !

[Post New]by CRAFTYLADY98 on Oct 29, 08 8:47 AM
first game froze, then get some 0-0000000 error and game closes

msLin
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by msLin on Aug 13, 09 3:23 PM
same with me! after it starts up the window error comes on and closes my game....

[Post New]by beth_myangel07 on Oct 6, 09 6:47 PM
my husband just bought me this game at wal-mart,casebook episode 1 and it installs and then it says it cant find or cant read and that i need some kind of hardware to play it, but i need help cause i have a game the store will not exchange or give our money back for.can someone help and explain the details to me

cwy2009
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by cwy2009 on Aug 19, 10 11:03 AM
I went to the developer's site and downloaded and installed the trial, and I also got the error "The WIC component must be installed before this game will run." But when I reinstalled it to the default directory (c:\program files\...), there was no error. Looks like a bug when the game doesn't let you install to another drive and directory.

Go to: