gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Charma: The Land of Enchantment - today's DD - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 11, 10 12:34 AM
I played the heck out of Zuma when it first came out, and haven't been into marble poppers much at all since then. All I could think of when I saw the game video was "Who turned the Chuzzles loose?" .

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

Re:Charma: The Land of Enchantment - today's DD - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by patnsky on Jun 11, 10 6:52 AM
Charma is a Charming game. I did not think I would like it at first, but after playing for a while, at 2.99 it is a buy for me. I know I will not finish it to the end as my hand-eye is not that fast, but when it gets to that point, I will start a new game. Hey that is the way when you are almost 73.

pat

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jun 11, 10 1:52 PM
The screen shots are so beautiful, I don't think I can pass this up even though I'm really awful at these kind of games.

karolyneb
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,459 Posts

[Post New]by karolyneb on Jun 11, 10 3:04 PM
Charma Review

Charma is an interesting game to try and categorize since it has both ball shooter and M3 elements to it. As in an M3, the player swaps pieces to make matches but the pieces are moving towards a sink and must be removed before they arrive (as in a ball shooter).

The Good:
Relaxing gameplay
Really, really cute
Difficulty ramps up very gradually
Nice graphics

The Bad:
On the easy side
Some players might find the noises the Charma make to be annoying
No minigames or anything like that

Who will like this:
Folks who like M3s
Folks who play games to relax
Folks who enjoy ball shooters
Older children

Who will hate this:
Folks who don't like 'cute' games
Folks who like really challenging games

Karolyneb's notes:
The Charma look awfully like Chuzzles but I don't think they explode if you irritate them enough (not that I've even done that to the Chuzzles - it just seemed too mean to me ).

Edited on 06/11/2010 at 3:05:06 PM PST

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Jun 11, 10 8:07 PM
I just finished this game. I didn't lose any lives, even on the last levels, where there were two chains converging on the sink holes. I got all the trophies except one. It was a pleasant, relaxing game except for those last levels (for me, anyway).

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jul 19, 10 1:01 PM

Last spring -- after my hard drive crash -- a couple of friends of mine let me use their computer and I purchased (later downloaded on my computer) several DD games -- never trialed before purchasing.

Last night I started this game and I could NOT stop -- I kept saying just 1 more level and before I knew it, it was 3 in the morning. Finished the game just now and only lost it 1x because I didn't pay attention to the fact that I now had 2 drains to worry about.

This game is so cute -- sorry, can't do that Montezuma one, NOT good at it AT ALL This game, however, was actually quite relaxing though I could've done without the oh, ohs and the watch-out comments.

Took a chance and

MEnr56

sslay
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by sslay on Jul 19, 10 2:24 PM
Where is this game the DD? I can't find it as the DD on any BFG site.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jul 26, 10 9:54 AM
sslay wrote:Where is this game the DD? I can't find it as the DD on any BFG site.

This game was a DD last spring; had computer crash end of April and didn't get it back until a couple of weeks into May -- so someplace between mid-April to mid-May.

MEnr56

GaCorolla
Shark
Shark
13,397 Posts

[Post New]by GaCorolla on Nov 27, 10 9:01 AM
Another fish suggested this game to me last night, and I have to admit I had my doubts at first. I like what I have found about it, and just may buy it since it is a holiday sale at $2.99.

Go to: