bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any World Mosaics 3 - Fairy Tales technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 11, 10 2:28 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any World Mosaics 3 - Fairy Tales technical issues here only

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on Jun 11, 10 5:31 AM
The only tech issue I had was the profile did not save after the demo was over and you buy it.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jun 11, 10 6:23 AM
I have video and gameplay problems. I had no problems with WM2, which I bought.

caraw
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by caraw on Jun 11, 10 10:23 AM
Loved the first two games but my mouse won't work when I try to play this one. Its working fine for all my other BFGs. Is anyone else having this problem or have any suggestions to resolve?

Have tried increasing mouse acceleration but that made no difference.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jun 11, 10 11:22 AM
Hi fishies,

If you are having video or game play issues, you may want to check out our help article about display issues that could prove useful! Sometimes some simple updates to video card drivers and/or Direct X will solve these problems.

Display Issues

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

[Post New]by rhythmeme on Jun 11, 10 2:14 PM
If you're having trouble with the mouse, try unchecking "custom cursors" from the Options menu. You can also press ALT+C on the keyboard if you're unable to access the Options menu.

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Jun 11, 10 4:59 PM
When I press "play" I just get a black screen. ????

[Post New]by darkchain on Jun 11, 10 7:36 PM
When I played the trial of WM the chisel worked perfectly. When I purchased the game the chisel quit working. I went into options and unchecked custom curser, as suggested. It still will not work. I also checked 'switch tool with right mouse click' under options. Still doesn't work. Any suggestions? It's very frustrating.

[Post New]by dramamama61 on Jun 11, 10 8:43 PM
This is the second game , from the same developer, that I have had to trash this week, due to the cursor going crazy.

caraw
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by caraw on Jun 12, 10 12:48 AM
Thanks for all the advice. Thought I should let you know that after I tried to play the game on one of my other PCs, I realised that I had actually caused my own problem. I always turn all the sounds off on games and hadn't noticed that the third option was for mouse acceleration and had set it to its lowest setting. Now that I have stopped being so incredibly thick, I have purchased and am thoroughly enjoying the game as much as the previous versions.

Iggy1027
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Iggy1027 on Jun 12, 10 9:49 AM
I was really looking forward to playing this game, but all I get is a black screen.

Iggy1027
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Iggy1027 on Jun 12, 10 5:38 PM
Also, when I use Ctrl+Alt+Delete (the only way to get out of the black screen), I get a "Can't find bass.dll" error message. This is very frustrating!

jagie
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by jagie on Jun 13, 10 10:12 AM
I also get can't find BASS.DLL and i have reformatted my computer, reloaded windows, bought and ran a registry cleaner.. its so frustrating!!!!! I don't know what else to do..

LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Jun 26, 10 4:16 PM
I am such a ninny. I love, love, love these puzzles. I am on of the one last sets and I have given up. Why? Cause it is like moving the mouse through syrup. I have no clue what I am doing wrong--any thoughts? Thank you in advance!!!

Blessings,
LucyMarie

Rhovannion
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Rhovannion on Jul 8, 10 9:47 AM
Downloaded, copied to Applications and clicked to open the game. Clicked on the play for 60 minutes trial, the window vanished . . then reappeared. I clicked again - the window vanished and then reappeared . . . and vanished and reappeared. You get the idea - I can't play this as it won't open.

(I'm using an iMac G5 with 10.4.11 - just in case it's relevant.)

[Post New]by ejketcham on Jul 8, 10 7:08 PM
Thank you! I'm having the same issue (keep getting sent back to the Big Fish play or pay dialog) Also having it with World Mosaics 2 and others. Using an iBook G4, OS 10.4.11, so I'm glad to see a newer machine is having the same problem.

SoozUSA
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by SoozUSA on Jul 10, 10 12:11 AM
This is the text file that comes with the game. Don't know if it will help anyone.

BigFish added their own text file. The only difference is to contact BFG instead of the publisher.

I have always found the developers/publishers to be much more helpfull than BFG. I usually get the game for the same price as BFG. Most of the problems I've had stem from BFG trying to integrate with their game manager.

World Mosaics 3 - Fairy Tales FAQ
Minimum System Requirements
Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
1 GHz CPU
512 MB RAM
DirectX 9.0c

Q: The game won’t load and\or runs very slow. What’s wrong?
A: Make sure you meet the Minimum System Requirements.

Q: I can’t see the mouse cursor! What’s wrong?
A: Try pressing ALT+C. This will turn on\off Custom Cursors. Some computers having a problem displaying the Custom Cursor and some computers having a problem displaying the Windows Cursor.

Q: The mouse cursor moves too slow in Full Screen. Is there anything I can do to speed up the mouse?

A: In the Options Screen select the box Fast Cursor. However, some monitors may not support this feature and may cause the game to display incorrectly.

Q: My game crashes or doesn't play correctly.
A: If your game has problems or crashes, check to make sure you have the latest version of DirectX.
See the following to get the latest Microsoft DirectX drivers.
www.microsoft.com/directx/

Q: I'm still having problems running the game. Who do I contact for technical support?
A: support@fugazo.com

Rhovannion
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Rhovannion on Jul 11, 10 4:08 AM
ejketcham wrote:Thank you! I'm having the same issue (keep getting sent back to the Big Fish play or pay dialog) Also having it with World Mosaics 2 and others. Using an iBook G4, OS 10.4.11, so I'm glad to see a newer machine is having the same problem.

Interesting - I've downloaded World Mosaics 3 and having the same problem. This is very odd. I haven't encountered this problem with any of the other (many) games I've downloaded form here.
I might try downloading something else today to see what happens.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jul 23, 10 7:46 PM
I meet all of the requirements but the game keeps flashing and showing big pixel spots. Also what's with the story being black on dark background so you can't even see it. I loved ! & 2. This was a big dissappointment. too bad, so sad!

[Post New]by CaLynn50 on Aug 1, 10 9:32 PM
I've had no problems until I got to Snow White. It won't load. When you go to the book with pictures and titles, the picture is a question mark next to Snow White. I finished the previous fairy tale.

Go to: