Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Time Traveler Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 25, 18 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/25/2018 at 9:04:07 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Time Traveler Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 25, 18 9:04 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

bobhillman
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Time Traveler Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bobhillman on Jan 25, 18 9:10 PM
Clicking on the train crash picture in the album caused the game to lock up.

However, pressing "Windows" key re-activating the game from taskbar cured the problem.

Wildfire54
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Wildfire54 on Jan 26, 18 12:35 PM
HI, I am doing this gate with the bufferflies puzzle, and I have it, I even went and made sure it was correct, yet it wont advance me, is it a bug or what? I have a SS of it and its perfectly lined up, all lights are lite

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jan 27, 18 7:51 AM
I was playing and it froze up. Tried Windows key and didn't help. Had to do alt/ctrl/delete and Window manager stopped it and Windows had a box that checked into the problem for several minutes.

Had Error Access violation at 0x0054D16E (tried to write to 0x00000A08), program terminated. GrimTales_TheTimeTraveler_CE.exe

Happen in Chapter 2 Page 17 after the puzzle Z but before the hops.

Win10pc.

I don't know if this makes a different but I always start a new profile after purchase. So this happen on the second profile. I went back to the first trial profile and it didn't freeze in that spot.

Edited on 01/28/2018 at 9:53:45 AM PST

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jan 28, 18 8:06 AM
Scull puzzle on the book......could not get that to work at all. Nothing happened. Had to skip.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 30, 18 11:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there have been some freezing troubles and progression issues while playing the game. I also noticed an access violation error. These issues can have similar causes, so let's go over some troubleshooting issues to try to improve the way the game and the computer communicate and get along. Please visit the following links for detailed steps:

Run Game as Administrator
Video Driver Updates
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For access violation errors specifically, we also want to check to see if any programs in the background could be interfering with either the game or the Big Fish Games app. Here are some additional steps to try out:

Access Violation

Should the issues persist after trying these steps, please contact our Technical Support Team. You may also PM one of our Moderators if you'd like. We'll be happy to provide any answers that we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by helgasantiago on Mar 9, 18 7:17 PM
I can not activate grim tales : the time traveler

Go to: