NutMeg1987
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

stupid, STUPID question

[Post New]by NutMeg1987 on Jun 11, 10 9:23 AM
I know this is a STUPID question. I can't remember what benefit you get from upgrading the buildings. Does it speed up production or do the animals have to be fed less often?

We're in the middle of getting ready to move, so please forgive my brain fog.

laura17318
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:stupid, STUPID question

[Post New]by laura17318 on Jun 12, 10 10:03 AM
Yes, the upgrades speed up production time.

djjeny
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by djjeny on Jun 13, 10 4:40 AM
Hi NutMeg1987,

As I mentioned in my tips 'n' tricks thread, upgrading animals is a worthwhile investment because:

- upgrading speeds up production of each animal's produce
- upgrading reduces the amount of food each animal consumes

However, and this is a big however, upgrading is very expensive to do, so many people wonder if you get sufficient bang for your buck in order to warrant spending so much. In my opinion, the *only* animal worth fully upgrading where possible is the pig, since he takes a helluva long time to produce anything and eats a huge amount of tomatoes/beets in order to produce anything, and yet he gives the most profit per produce. Here's the maths to help it make sense:

Initial cost of Pig: 700
Upgrade x 1: 600
Upgrade x 2: 700
Total cost of Pig: 2,000

Profit per product: 580

You only need to sell 4 pigs to get (more than!) your money back... easily done if you invest in the upgrades and keep him fed, as the pig will be churning out a product every five minutes or so.

The same maths/logic apply to the other animals, although the cost/reward ratio is lower.

With all this in mind, I would highly recommend fully upgrading the pig, then the cow, and I usually wouldn't bother with the others, although buying and upgrading a sheep is a good way to earn some fast cash in longer levels.

NutMeg1987
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by NutMeg1987 on Jun 13, 10 9:08 AM
Thanks y'all!

Go to: