gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Word Web Deluxe Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 11, 10 1:59 PM
I don't play downloaded word games much, but this seems to be one of the cooler ones. Keeping the spider webs from spreading to the kids is a compelling challenge, and the game environment is cute and fun and has a story to it.

I bought it from Big Fish quite awhile back (or maybe got it from some promotion they did a long time ago), but that version is no longer supported by Big Fish and I'm left to decide whether to purchase it *again* in it's current version. That really doesn't seem fair; but the bigger picture is that Big Fish tech support has been so generous with me with the game coupons, in general, that I could use one of those to rebuy this game and call it even, easily enough, with no complaints.

For those who play word games, I certainly recommend trying this demo.

Update: I did go ahead and use a game coupon for this game.

One nice feature is that you can add any letter anywhere on the board to create longer words. Sometimes with these games it's hard to find longer words, so you become expert at short ones, but it seems that doesn't have to be the case with this game.

Update: In housecleaning (story) mode, there are levels that ask for an 11-letter word to pass the level. It's do-able because you are given *lots* of add-a-letter picks to use. This is the first game I've played like this, and it's a bit of a different challenge. I haven't lost the game much due to the webs, just challenging to meet these word length goals at times. It's not a timed game, so you've got all the time you need to do it at least.

Edited on 07/13/2010 at 7:30:07 AM PST

sparkle9
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Word Web Deluxe Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by sparkle9 on Sep 5, 10 9:42 AM
I have been deliberating on buying this game, so I appreciate your comments very much...I like word games that aren't too easy (just finished Word Monacao and the last round was a doozy!). Thanks for your input.

sparkle9
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by sparkle9 on Sep 5, 10 9:42 AM
I have been deliberating on buying this game, so I appreciate your comments very much...I like word games that aren't too easy (just finished Word Monacao and the last round was a doozy!). Thanks for your input.

[Post New]by Oldslim on Oct 6, 11 7:00 PM
I looked at this game, thinking it would be like Tumble Bees, where as long as the letters connect to each other the word counts. Alas, no. I dumped it.

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Dec 15, 11 8:51 PM
I suspect this game is as old as the hills, but I was desperately seeking a word game similar to my beloved www.wordsplay.net to keep my brain occupied over a crisis; and I did buy it. It's a little kiddie based (darn hard for kids though I would have thought - especially when you get into the world of required 6 and 7 letter words!) but I really do enjoy playing it.
I have to be in the right mood - those cobwebs continually appearing can be quite annoying if all I'm looking for is a nice leisurely game!

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Jun 24, 12 6:53 PM
When reviewing High Scores, I noticed that some of those listed had *custom Avatars assigned to them, as none resembled the three available in the game itself. Does anybody know the secret behind aquiring these *custom Avatars?

Go to: